Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford v Jose Benavidez Jr

Crawford should win, but if Jose brings the confidence and dislike for Crawford into the ring he can make things interesting. Crawford is very good, so the jump in class may be too much. That being said, Jose is the bigger man and if his chin holds up he can make things uncomfortable for a while. My one hesitation with Crawford is that I haven’t seen him in with an elite fighter his own size. Gambia made him struggle but Crawford’s size advantage combined with his skills eventually proved to be too much.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Crawford should win, but if Jose brings the confidence and dislike for Crawford into the ring he can make things interesting. Crawford is very good, so the jump in class may be too much. That being said, Jose is the bigger man and if his chin holds up he can make things uncomfortable for a while. My one hesitation with Crawford is that I haven’t seen him in with an elite fighter his own size. Gambia made him struggle but Crawford’s size advantage combined with his skills eventually proved to be too much.
    That’s a fair comment, but is Benavidez an elite fighter? I mean, he’s 27-0 and clearly very good, but.....
    I’m pretty big on Crawford, I think he’s one of the very few fighters at the moment who has it all.
    My only reservation would be if/when he fights Spence, as he’s too big for him. Which I guess is the same as what you were saying.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Crawford cuts him up like a surgeon. Right hands over the top for as long as it lasts.

check hooks.
    That what he tried to hit him with.
    if you look closely he is side stepping him.

if you press down on your front foot and twist, and swing over your back foot in the same motion, your body swivels.

and that lets the southpaw side step a right hand.

the other way he throws the check hook is with a step back.

you press down and push off on your front foot into your step back and let the other guy lunge into it, as he tries to cross the gap to compensate for the space your step back creates.

thats why a good step back, and a check hook, are nice moves for a counter puncher to pick up. they go together well.

most of the check hooks you'll see southpaws throw are over the top of the orthodox jab and side stepping the orthodox right hand. you should see crawford doing that a lot tomorrow. i think thats why he switches southpaw. so he can throw southpaw check hooks with his right hand. he really likes that punch.
    nice post. Check hook from Crawford comes naturally. He has a look for a round or two then takes you apart with relative ease. Can't see benavidez bringing anything Crawford hasn't already dealt with

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    That’s a fair comment, but is Benavidez an elite fighter? I mean, he’s 27-0 and clearly very good, but.....
    I’m pretty big on Crawford, I think he’s one of the very few fighters at the moment who has it all.
    My only reservation would be if/when he fights Spence, as he’s too big for him. Which I guess is the same as what you were saying.
    Don’t think Benavidez is an elite fighter and don’t see him beating Crawford. Just think if he can take his punch and maintain his confidence/composure he can make Crawford uncomfortable for a portion of the fight. Crawford has options though and is usually very good at adapting to his opponent so I see him eventually pulling away and dominating the fight. Again, my slight hesitation with this one is how Benavidez is young, bigger, and appears to be coming to force a tough fight. That mixture can prove difficult for Crawford who hasn’t experienced a true dog fight with a big man yet. And yes, I think you and I feel similarly about Spence and Crawford. Think that has the potential to be a great series if Crawford can take Spence’s punch. Those two appear to be the two best of a great division. I am more confident in Spence at this point only because he beat an extremely tough Kell Brook who fought a great fight. Final point: I would advise both to stay away from Porter right now. Think both are better than Shawn, but Porter has that physical style that will make every fight close (like Evander and Tim Bradley), and upsets/bad decisions can derail superfights (as can injuries).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    nice post. Check hook from Crawford comes naturally. He has a look for a round or two then takes you apart with relative ease. Can't see benavidez bringing anything Crawford hasn't already dealt with
    he has good sense of timing and rhythm. you cant teach those things. its an intuition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i have to hear that star spangled banner tune again ever in my life i am going to kill myself.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is he really 6'2? That might just give Crawford some rough spots. Should be good while it lasts. Crawford has gone from a humble guy to not so much.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spectacular KO by Shakur

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brutal ko win for Stevenson. Put shots together well. Wonder what the unofficial weights were

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Impressive win by Stevenson. I wasn’t high on him at the very beginning of his career, but he seems to be improving quite a bit to where he may surprise me and have a good career.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn! Watching Red Sox - Astros and missed the first fight!

I'm back though. Looking forward to Crawford - Benavidez.... especially after yesterday's little quasi-scuffle.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Main event must be next. Going through Bud Crawford's complete life story.

Tough mom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just how the actual fuck does Terence Crawford rank pound for pound number two in the world by ESPN and Ring Magazine?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't knock a guy with that home crowd turn out. Nebraska. Who knew. Benavidez talking it up big time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good 1st round. I'd give the edge to Crawford.

Thread Information