Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: December 2018 - is it the most stacked month in history.?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: December 2018 - is it the most stacked month in history.?

Anyone know why Charlo is fighting Monroe I read of Sulecki?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Anyone know why Charlo is fighting Monroe I read of Sulecki?
    Would have preferred Sulecki and surprised Monroe is ranked over him but Charlo due for stiffer competition. Looks like Sulecki has a fight in 2 weeks. His brother v Harrison could be an interesting match up.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Brook is fighting Zarafa

Training in Spain with Fewkes not Ingle

Kell Brook is set to return to action on December 8th at his favorite haunt of Sheffield. ‘The Special One’ has only fought one this year after chasing a clash with Amir Khan unsuccessfully. Brook will now remain at super-welterweight for the time being. Brook had been hoping to land Khan at welterweight – or even a catchweight for a blockbuster Pay-Per-View event. Khan is biding his time in the hope of landing a big fish of his own, leaving Brook forced to stay busy. The pair could eventually meet in the spring or summer of 2019 – all being well for Brook. In regards to an opponent for Brook. World Boxing News can exclusively reveal that Michael Zerafa has accepted an offer to be in the opposite corner. The 26 year-old is a former Commonwealth champion and was once stopped in five rounds at Foxwoods by Peter Quillin (160 pounds) in 2015. Zerafa’s only other reverse came one year prior to Qullin on points against Arif Magomedov in Moscow. As WBN also exclusively revealed, Brook is currently training in Spain with ex-boxer and friend John Fewkes after deciding to trial and alternative trainer to Dominic Ingle.[/IMG]

Kell Brook is set to return to action on December 8th at his favorite haunt of Sheffield.
    ‘The Special One’ has only fought one this year after chasing a clash with Amir Khan unsuccessfully. Brook will now remain at super-welterweight for the time being.
    Brook had been hoping to land Khan at welterweight – or even a catchweight for a blockbuster Pay-Per-View event.
    Khan is biding his time in the hope of landing a big fish of his own, leaving Brook forced to stay busy.
    The pair could eventually meet in the spring or summer of 2019 – all being well for Brook.
    In regards to an opponent for Brook. World Boxing News can exclusively reveal that Michael Zerafa has accepted an offer to be in the opposite corner.
    The 26 year-old is a former Commonwealth champion and was once stopped in five rounds at Foxwoods by Peter Quillin (160 pounds) in 2015.
    Zerafa’s only other reverse came one year prior to Qullin on points against Arif Magomedov in Moscow.
    As WBN also exclusively revealed, Brook is currently training in Spain with ex-boxer and friend John Fewkes after deciding to trial and alternative trainer to Dominic Ingle.

TEAM

The Aussie is champing at the bit for the announcement to be made official.
    “Huge fight announcement regarding Michael Zerafa on the world stage to be announced soon. It doesn’t get any bigger,” said Sam Labruna, a member of Zerafa’s Team. “Brendan Bourke and the team are ready to shock the world!
    “Michael will be in the best shape of his life and will grab this huge opportunity. He will leave no stone unturned to prepare for the biggest fight of his career – stay tuned.
    Last time out on August 31, Zerafa defeated Jose Feria. Zerafa scored a third round stoppage to push his record to 25-2 with a 14th career KO.
    Stepping up to face Brook in the UK will mean another underdog tag for Zerafa, who holds that one hundred percent record of losses on the road.

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/10/27/kell-brook-return-december/

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018...december-khan/
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook confirms split from Dominic Ingle but denies they've fallen out ahead of ring return

Kell Brook has split from his trainer Dom Ingle for his much-anticipated return on December 8 in Sheffield.

Brook has worked with Ingle for numerous years but cited the trainer’s congested stable as the reason why he has no option but to work without him for this bout.

The former welterweight champion bases himself in Fuerteventura for his training camps but due to Ingle’s commitments with other fighters in the weeks in between he cannot join Brook there.

Brook took to Twitter to deny the pair had had a major fallout:

"Contrary to some stories and speculation, myself and Dominic Ingle have not fallen out. Dom is as dedicated a trainer as they come. He has been in camp over recent months preparing his fighters for big fights," read Brook's statement on social media.

"All Dom's fighters were scheduled to fight from October right through to late December, some were due to fight on big cards in the US and therefore a training camp in Toronto was scheduled for their preparation.

"For a number of years now I have based myself out of Fuerteventura for my training camps. As I boxed in March, I wanted a lengthier warm weather stint to assist my recovery and preparation for any forthcoming bouts.

Kell Brook hasn't fought since March when he knocked out Sergey Rabchenko (Getty)

"I understand with Dom already committed to the above, he could not make himself available to assist on this occasion for my training camp.

Brook returned from back-to-back defeats to Gennady Golovkin and Errol Spence Jr in March when he knocked out Sergey Rabchenko in the second round.

Brook was set to fight again in late summer but that plan was derailed due to an ankle injury.

The Sheffield fighter is still chasing a mega-clash with Amir Khan but has become increasingly frustrated by the Bolton fighter’s insistence on a weight rehydration clause which would inhibit Brook’s ability to recuperate on the eve of the fight.

Khan recovered from a knockdown to defeat Samuel Vargas in September (Getty Images)

If the pair can come to an agreement, it’s believed the bout would take place on Sky Sports Box Office in March or April next year.

"I know the Fuerteventura set-up well and have had some familiar faces and good people around me to support with camp.

"I am now scheduled to fight on December 8th and to avoid disruption as well as ensuring I maintain momentum, I will continue to base myself out here in Fuerteventura for this bout.

"Preparation has thus far gone very well and in the interest of maintaining this momentum, for this particular fight, Dominic Ingle cannot be in my corner.

"At this point I have nothing further to add on the matter and my full focus and attention is on getting myself ready to put on a spectacular performance for the fans and to close the year in special fashion

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kel...145000307.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mark Anthony Barriga vs Carlos Licona for the IBF minimumweight title. Dec-1 on the Wilder/Fury undercard.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hekkie Budler vs Hiroto Kyoguchi is apparently done for Dec-31 in Japan.

Dec-30 in Japan.
    Masayuki Ito vs Evgeny Chuprakov
    Ken Shiro vs Saul Juarez
    Takuma Inoue vs Tassana Sanpattan
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

January's starting to look pretty good as well:

13-Jan-19
    Uzcategui vs Caleb Plant

19-Jan-19
    Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner

26-Jan-19
    Keith Thurman vs Josesito Lopez
    Adam Kownacki vs Gerald Washington
    Tugstsogt Nyambayar vs Claudio Marrero
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

13-Jan-19
    Uzcategui vs Caleb Plant

19-Jan-19

26-Jan-19
    Nothing great but decent fights

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

13-Jan-19
    Uzcategui vs Caleb Plant

19-Jan-19

26-Jan-19
    Nothing great but decent fights
    Considering January is always a quite month for the sport it's not a bad start. Agree that there is nothing great but all look competitive on paper. I really like the looks of the King Tug fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank v Degale has been pushed back to Jan.
    Be a good fight that as they genuinely hate each other.

Thread Information