Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terence Crawford- the best P4P in the sport today!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terence Crawford- the best P4P in the sport today!

Who can disagree? With his steady work rate and control of Benavidez, a really good fighter, and how he WAITED to KO him in the last round, shows you how good he is.

I would have to take Crawford over ANYONE at 147. We are simply watching greatness.

As I said before: I missed and did not take stock of Floyd Mayweather in the early years and came on late. But I will not miss ONE SECOND of Crawford!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford- the best P4P in the sport today!

I’m a big fan of Crawford, and although I believe he is ranked higher p4p than Spence, I think Spence will beat him at 147. To some that may sound stupid,but my p4p ranking goes on how he’s has sailed through the divisions, rather than Spence who is only doing it in one division so far.
    As for no.1 p4p, I reckon it’s a toss up between Crawford and Inoue, and I can see legitimate arguments for both. These are probably followed by Usyk in my book.
    Btw. I don’t think Loma , Mikey and Canelo are anywhere near it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy to say when he won’t fight Spence. He had his chance, everyone was waiting to hear “I want Errol Spence” and he chose the cop out of I fight who I’m told to fight. Spence is out there “I see no smoke, I need a fight” in direct response to that cop out. Really disappointed by Crawford right now. Really disappointed by everyone around 147 dodging Spence.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Easy to say when he won’t fight Spence. He had his chance, everyone was waiting to hear “I want Errol Spence” and he chose the cop out of I fight who I’m told to fight. Spence is out there “I see no smoke, I need a fight” in direct response to that cop out. Really disappointed by Crawford right now. Really disappointed by everyone around 147 dodging Spence.

A bit harsh, IMO.

1. He just got to 147. Two fights at welter does not constitute a wealth of experience there.

2. There are plenty of 147-pounders who have been there for awhile who ARE ducking Spence, and should have first dibs. The Spence-Crawford showdown will occur in due time. We fans are a desperate lot.

3. Even Spence should be calling out his fellow 147-pounders and let the spectre of that showdown grow.

4. Crawford fought top-notch opposition during his reign at 140. Why accuse him of ducking Spence as soon as he puts his foot in at 147, or assume he's not gonna want to face him?

A bit harsh, IMO.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

A bit harsh, IMO.

1. He just got to 147. Two fights at welter does not constitute a wealth of experience there.

2. There are plenty of 147-pounders who have been there for awhile who ARE ducking Spence, and should have first dibs. The Spence-Crawford showdown will occur in due time. We fans are a desperate lot.

3. Even Spence should be calling out his fellow 147-pounders and let the spectre of that showdown grow.

4. Crawford fought top-notch opposition during his reign at 140. Why accuse him of ducking Spence as soon as he puts his foot in at 147, or assume he's not gonna want to face him?

A bit harsh, IMO.
    Ron, you get carried away with the "He said, She said" nonsense . So he never mentioned Spence, that automatically means he's ducking him , right ? Even if he had turned around and spat Spence's name down the microphone with venom, that doesn't necessarily have any bearing on whether the fight can get made. there's a whole load of other obstacles and politics to overcome, and I know that you're not naïve and you already know that.
    Do you honestly believe that as many Boxers as you state are cowards and duck other guys? Sometimes , it may be the case , but more often than not, the very nature of top class Boxers invariably means that they wouldn't run scared of another fighter.
    Like I said before, I think Spence Beats Crawford, but I don't think Crawford is ducking or would duck him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

A bit harsh, IMO.

A bit harsh, IMO.
    Ron, you get carried away with the "He said, She said" nonsense . So he never mentioned Spence, that automatically means he's ducking him , right ? Even if he had turned around and spat Spence's name down the microphone with venom, that doesn't necessarily have any bearing on whether the fight can get made. there's a whole load of other obstacles and politics to overcome, and I know that you're not naïve and you already know that.
    Do you honestly believe that as many Boxers as you state are cowards and duck other guys? Sometimes , it may be the case , but more often than not, the very nature of top class Boxers invariably means that they wouldn't run scared of another fighter.
    Like I said before, I think Spence Beats Crawford, but I don't think Crawford is ducking or would duck him.
    Crawford has never given me a reason to think of him as a ducker. He has fought anybody in his path. Unfortunately, he hasn’t had any elite fighters on his path so far, but he can only do so much. I don’t see anybody calling out Crawford. He is top 3 p4p on basically any list you will see. Other welters should be asking to fight him. Not the other way around.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Loma is p4p the best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

A bit harsh, IMO.

A bit harsh, IMO.
    Crawford has never given me a reason to think of him as a ducker. He has fought anybody in his path. Unfortunately, he hasn’t had any elite fighters on his path so far, but he can only do so much. I don’t see anybody calling out Crawford. He is top 3 p4p on basically any list you will see. Other welters should be asking to fight him. Not the other way around.
    Ron never likes to present the full story.

Spence was the one saying awhile back that the different networks and promoters would be obstacles and he appeared more interested in Porter.

Arum has come out saying he wants to make the Spence fight next.

We all know how the behind the scenes stuff works in this business, and we all get disappointed when fights we want made don't eventuate at the time we want, but all this ducking talk is nonsense.

Everyone was waiting to hear “I want Errol Spence”, nah all I'm waiting to hear is "the fight is official", all the talk outside the ring is irrelevant.

El Kabong Guest

I like ol' Bud Crawford he's a heck of a fighter and he's been overshadowed by lesser skilled fighters for too long.

It's a shame he wasn't around when Floyd was at 135-140 hell even at 147 I think he would fight until he absolutely dropped vs anyone and everyone. He's got good all around skill, he's polished, he's comfortable in the ring, only weakness is he doesn't have that GTS power but like Carmen Basilio before him he will flat work a guy into the canvas and stop him.

I want Crawford to get the biggest pay days he can right now, guy should be an absolute fan favorite!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can’t see ranking Crawford ahead of Loma, Mikey Garcia, Errol Spence, and Canelo. He is obviously gifted and has great skill, but he hasn’t beaten the competition those guys have (in my opinion). He hasn’t fought bums or ducked anyone, but I need to see him beat someone on the level of Gamboa, but at his own size. Gamboa wasn’t big enough to last vs Crawford, and I still thought he made Bud look ordinary for the first four rounds or so. Not saying Crawford isn’t a solid fighter, just that I’m not ready to rank him on top until he beats elite level fighters at their best weight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I can’t see ranking Crawford ahead of Loma, Mikey Garcia, Errol Spence, and Canelo. He is obviously gifted and has great skill, but he hasn’t beaten the competition those guys have (in my opinion). He hasn’t fought bums or ducked anyone, but I need to see him beat someone on the level of Gamboa, but at his own size. Gamboa wasn’t big enough to last vs Crawford, and I still thought he made Bud look ordinary for the first four rounds or so. Not saying Crawford isn’t a solid fighter, just that I’m not ready to rank him on top until he beats elite level fighters at their best weight.
    Hands down better than Canelo. Canelo has maybe proven now to be in the top 10. Loma hasn’t beaten opposition much better than Crawford and neither has Garcia.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hands down better than Canelo. Canelo has maybe proven now to be in the top 10. Loma hasn’t beaten opposition much better than Crawford and neither has Garcia.
    Guys like Usyk, Inoue and Wangek need to be included in any P4P conversation.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's consider Spence. The guy's obviously a force, but besides "past his peak" Peterson and "damaged goods" Brook..... who has he fought? Not trying to downgrade the man, but it seems once we become enamored of a certain fighter, it's hard to let go. I don't disagree with Crawford lacking some pedigree of opposition, and we both agree it's not his fault. But look carefully at the records of all those guys and you'll find glaring weaknesses in each. Loma has concentrated some quality in a short pro career, but one can say it still lacks scalps. Mikey has a long, distinguished record and probably stands above the others.... but if you look hard enough he's got his share of gatekeepers and shot fighters in there. I'll abstain from commenting on Canelo's record.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Guys like Usyk, Inoue and Wangek need to be included in any P4P conversation.
    Agreed. I was just commenting on those fighters that he mentioned

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel that Nicholas Walters was a great win for Loma, as was Linares. Both of those, in my opinion, are much better than anyone Crawford has beaten (and he looked very impressive in how he beat them also). I thought Canelo lost to GGG both times, but he is hands down much better than anyone Crawford has beaten, while Lara and Trout were solid wins as well (when he fought them). Mikey has the closest class of competition to Crawford, but I slightly prefer his wins over Broner and Robert Easter over Crawford’s biggest wins over Horn and Gamboa.

Thread Information