Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Put your money where your mouth is. ;-)

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Wilder by KO - Rounds 1 - 6

4 14.81%
  • Wilder by KO - Rounds 7 - 12

11 40.74%
  • Wilder by UD

0 0%
  • Wilder by SD

0 0%
  • Fury by KO - Rounds 1 - 6

0 0%
  • Fury by KO - Rounds 7 - 12

2 7.41%
  • Fury by UD

5 18.52%
  • Fury by SD

3 11.11%
  • Draw

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilder vs Fury: Who wins and how?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wilder vs Fury: Who wins and how?

Coming right up, @Alpha Surprised it hadn't been put up already.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder vs Fury: Who wins and how?

I think Fury starts well as Wilder sizes him up. Then when he is ready he is going to turn it up and test that chin. I think Fury gets knocked out as his only big win was a very old Wlad and his legs seem awkward since coming back. It's something I saw in Hatton too in that last fight. His feet were wrong and it was a man too used to being much heavier. This is Fury stepping up to that level and I think he will get stopped too. Decent start but will quickly unravel when he sees Wilder is a proper athlete and hits hard.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll leave my vote until a little closer to fight time, but I will say that Wilder wins.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not mind Fury winning but think it is too soon for the lummox to take on Wilder after being out of the game so long.

The smart money would be on Wilder late after Fury gasses out.

Fury is desperately trying the mind games but they will not work.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think Fury starts well as Wilder sizes him up. Then when he is ready he is going to turn it up and test that chin. I think Fury gets knocked out as his only big win was a very old Wlad and his legs seem awkward since coming back. It's something I saw in Hatton too in that last fight. His feet were wrong and it was a man too used to being much heavier. This is Fury stepping up to that level and I think he will get stopped too. Decent start but will quickly unravel when he sees Wilder is a proper athlete and hits hard.
    I see your point, it's worrying and I do think it's a little early for fury to take the fight but fuck it I'm sticking with Fury.

Regarding Wlad's age, do you give credit to Joshua for beating him? because he beat an even older, more inactive version of Wlad and was almost put to sleep. So if we are going by big wins then Fury is a better fighter than Wilder and AJ.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be an amazing thing if Wilder hits Fury cleanly enough to finish him. But Fury has been down on the floor before against Steve Cunningham.... So he can be clipped, even though he came back to win by KO- Not an exciting KO, but a good enough KO.

Maybe Fury has not gotten back into fight shape at that level yet. To be honest, since he beat Wlad- which may have been a good night for him and the best night of his life- he has not fought or beaten anyone worth a pinch.

Maybe Fury has bluffed his way into making a good pay day? lololol....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's be honest here to, making it to the end of the fight with Wlad ain't the hardest thing in the world to do. The punch output for that Wlad v Fury fight was not a barn-burning affair. Ya know? Not even close to a Tua v Ibeabuchi level. lolol....

Fury just out-paced Wlad with a bit of youth and stood out of his way- and did not get hugged to death like Jennings or Povetkin.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll also leave it to nearer fight time.

If in shape Tyson can do it I have no doubt - but not sure he will be in world title fight shape (or can be again). I was hoping this kind of fight wast at least a year away for him.

I am firmly in his corner
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury: TOO BIG TO FAIL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Let's be honest here to, making it to the end of the fight with Wlad ain't the hardest thing in the world to do. The punch output for that Wlad v Fury fight was not a barn-burning affair. Ya know? Not even close to a Tua v Ibeabuchi level. lolol....

Fury just out-paced Wlad with a bit of youth and stood out of his way- and did not get hugged to death like Jennings or Povetkin.
    Outpacing? Lmao that isn't how Fury won that fight at all

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Outpacing? Lmao that isn't how Fury won that fight at all
    I think they tied to yawn each other into submission it was a horrid fight

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury goes down in the 1st round for an 8 count.

White knuckle moment.

Survives.

Boxes, makes adjustments, jabs well.

Wins rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 with head movement, jabs, lots of stiff jabs, Wilder getting more desperate by the round.

Wilder goes for broke in the 7th, hurts Fury with a straight right, Fury fights back, catches Wilder with an upperfuckingcut sweet as pie, pumpkin pie, LIGHTS OUT.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously @brocktonblockbust ?

I take it you've never voted on a poll in Saddo's before?

As a public service, I offer the following, cut-and-pasted from Saddo's FAQ.

Creating and Participating in Polls
    You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls'.

How do I create a new poll?

When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
    Blue
    Yellow
    Green
    Sky-blue
    Pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

How do I vote in a poll and view the results?

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the 'Vote!' button. Sometime you can choose more than one option. You can see the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Note whether or not a poll is a public poll. If it is, any votes you cast will be attributable to you.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito I'm on my smartphone and I can't see it like when I am on my laptop

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m replying from my smart phone also, but will follow up with a vote on my laptop when able. This is a very difficult fight for me to pick for a number of reasons. Fury is very awkward and it will be interesting to see how Wilder’s punch affects a taller man (he may lose power by losing leverage punching down). I was very surprised to see Fury beat Wlad, and while it wasn’t the prettiest or exciting fight I’ve ever seen, it makes me think that Fury can rise to the level of his competition, and much like Bhop was, he is able to tune out the boos to focus solely on getting the win.

All of that being said, I’m picking Wilder because I just think that he fights with passion and excitement that is rarely seen at the upper levels. He is fresh to the sport and fights that way, which is unpredictable and difficult to counter/defend against. He has legitimate one punch power, and is extremely athletic.

The biggest question mark, and the one that ultimately decides my pick, so what Tyson has left after his lay off and mental/drug problems. He may be one of those fighters that thrives in chaos and self destructive behavior, or he may find that his legs are not what they once were. Difficult to tell, and I think this is about as 50/50 of a fight as we can hope for, but I have lean ever so slightly towards Wilder (but won’t be upset or surprised if Fury wins also).

Thread Information