Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner

I don't mind the fight, but PPV is a joke.

I really hope Pac puts on a brutal beating.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac can make a statement by being the first to stop Broner as he is very durable as the Madina fight showed.

Crazy how Pac left Arum to beg at a chance for another rematch against Floyd.

This is the best chance Pac has to beat Floyd...Floyd is overweight and ideally needs a tune up before fighting Pac as he looked terrible against Conor.

We know Floyd never really trained for Conor but all this time out from fighting proper professional boxers will be his wake up call..that’s how they will sell the fight if Pac beats Broner.

I could never pay for the rematch because the first fight was one of the worst fights I’ve ever seen..147 needs a new GOAT and the current crop are missing something.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Pac can make a statement by being the first to stop Broner as he is very durable as the Madina fight showed.

This is the best chance Pac has to beat Floyd...Floyd is overweight and ideally needs a tune up before fighting Pac as he looked terrible against Conor.

We know Floyd never really trained for Conor but all this time out from fighting proper professional boxers will be his wake up call..that’s how they will sell the fight if Pac beats Broner.

I could never pay for the rematch because the first fight was one of the worst fights I’ve ever seen..147 needs a new GOAT and the current crop are missing something.
    They are missing fighting each other, hopefully that starts to change.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Pacquiao won’t stop Broner. Broner is very durable and Pacquiao hasn’t stopped anybody in a long time other than Matthysse in his last fight.

Unlike others, I think that Broner will have his moments. He is durable and is still quick with his hands. Pacquiao will be too much for him in the end though.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roach Surprised By Pacquiao's Announcement, May Not Work Broner Fight

When Manny Pacquiao abruptly announced that he would be working with Freddie Roach for his upcoming fight with Adrien Broner, it took the boxing world by surprise—including Roach. Roach, the Hall of Fame trainer who transformed Pacquiao into one of the most fearsome fighters of this century, told SI.com he had no contact with Pacquiao or anyone with his team prior to the announcement and says he is undecided if he is willing to work with Pacquiao again.

“The thing is, I still have never directly spoken to Manny [since Pacquiao lost to Jeff Horn in 2017],” Roach told SI.com. “I’m not going to make a move until Manny calls me. I’ve been like a father to Manny for 15 years. If he can’t call me, there will be no deal.”

On Monday, at a press conference to promote Pacquiao’s defense of a secondary welterweight title against Broner, Pacquiao told reporters that Roach would return to his team in a supervisory role.

For his last fight, a knockout win over Lucas Matthysse, Pacquiao was trained by his longtime friend and assistant trainer, Buboy Fernandez.

“Me and Freddie, we have a good relationship since 2001,” Pacquiao said. “We don’t have problems in terms of training, sharing our knowledge about strategy, techniques in training. We don’t have problems with that.”

In addressing why Roach would not be his head trainer, Pacquiao cited Roach’s health.

“Buboy and Freddie, they’re a team,” Pacquiao said. “Buboy is always there. He has experience, many fights with Freddie. So I think Freddie can instruct Buboy to do something like that. Because, you know, Freddie’s not young anymore and I’m, you know, I feel pitiful with Freddie. I’m praying for him, for the healing of his sickness. My plan, my thinking is he can use Buboy to do mitts in training, supervise and watch the training, like that.”

Roach, 58, has battled Parkinson’s disease since he was 27. Roach, though, rarely misses a day of training in his Wild Card gym in Hollywood, Calif., and travels the country regularly to work with young fighters. Roach was in Boston last weekend, working the corner for light heavyweight Israel Duffus in a club show. He was also recently added to Tyson Fury’s corner for Fury’s anticipated showdown with heavyweight titleholder Deontay Wilder.

On Monday, Roach received a call from Joe Ramos, the COO of Manny Pacquiao Promotions. Ramos, Roach said, broached the idea of returning to Pacquaio’s team.

Roach ended the call, quickly.

“I’m not talking to Joe Ramos,” Roach told SI.com. “Joe Ramos knows nothing about boxing. I thought Joe was the coach of [Pacquiao’s] basketball team. I don’t want to talk to Joe Ramos. I want to talk to Manny.”

While Roach is frustrated by Pacquiao’s declaration that the two would be working together again—as well as Pacquiao’s refusal to speak to him for well over a year—he says he is open to working something out.

“I’d have to hear what the details are,” Roach said. “You never know who it is coming from when you hear from his camp. I’d have to hear what he wants me to do, what he wants Buboy to do. Am I supposed to train him? Am I supposed to come up with the game plan? He has to tell me, or I won’t be there.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/roach-su...173942761.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if it's just me, but I have never gone from such an extreme of liking a guy to the completely opposite end of the spectrum of disliking someone as I have with Pacquiao.
    Years ago, I used to think he was such a lovely humble guy , to modern day where now I think he's a complete Cock, to the extent that I really don't have a problem if Broner beats him .

Edit.
    Scrap that last sentence......... https://www.boxingscene.com/broner-g...shakin--133924
    just read this, Fair play, Broner is such an ignorant twat , he just doesn't know where to stop . I have to admit, and please don't judge me (you can if you want.) that the first time I read it , I shamefully pissed myself!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 11-22-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Primo, your love/hate of Golovkin is a close second.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner looks aged in that side by side pic. Not sure if it's the scraggly beard, skin tone or what but he don't look right.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Primo, your love/hate of Golovkin is a close second.
    Mate, GGG is a saint compared to these 2 knobheads!
    I’m not a hater of GGG. I like him a lot. But I’m just disappointed with some career decisions he’s made , and now it’s too late to do anything about it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but I have never gone from such an extreme of liking a guy to the completely opposite end of the spectrum of disliking someone as I have with Pacquiao.
    Years ago, I used to think he was such a lovely humble guy , to modern day where now I think he's a complete Cock, to the extent that I really don't have a problem if Broner beats him .

Edit.
    Scrap that last sentence......... https://www.boxingscene.com/broner-g...shakin--133924
    just read this, Fair play, Broner is such an ignorant twat , he just doesn't know where to stop . I have to admit, and please don't judge me (you can if you want.) that the first time I read it , I shamefully pissed myself!
    I never like Pacquiao. At first it was because he kept beating fighters I liked or getting gift decisions. After that it was because his BS excuses for everything. He was a complete diva but because it was always a Manny vs Floyd thing going on, they had to portray Manny as the humble guy who made no excuses because we already had a diva in Floyd.

Basically nothing has changed for me. He said that he wants to show the division that he is still there. The problem is that he is still a draw and could fight any fighter he wanted. That means that he could call out anybody and they would fight him. He is still a good fighter but he knows that he can’t beat the top dogs at welter.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I lost a lot of respect for Manny as he supported what the phillipinos are doing human right wise. Drugs are terrible, a scourge but giving the population the ability to kill suspected users/dealers is insane

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is going to KO Pac.

You suckers are gonna feel so dumb when you see it happen!!!
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 11-23-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone who thinks Floyd is the bad guy between Floyd and Manny has their head in the sand. Floyd is a POS but Manny is a tragedy of horrific proportions to his people.

And the idea he was ever humble is a gross lie. Dude would sit in a room of yes men having one rub his back while he played horrible guitar and sang horrible songs as they watched his horrible TV shows. It’s not hard to find videos of this exact scenario. That is as far from humble as you can get. And all his excuses and lies...not humble.

Floyd and PAC both need to go away and stay away.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Anyone who thinks Floyd is the bad guy between Floyd and Manny has their head in the sand. Floyd is a POS but Manny is a tragedy of horrific proportions to his people.

And the idea he was ever humble is a gross lie. Dude would sit in a room of yes men having one rub his back while he played horrible guitar and sang horrible songs as they watched his horrible TV shows. It’s not hard to find videos of this exact scenario. That is as far from humble as you can get. And all his excuses and lies...not humble.

I don’t know anything about the Philippines, aside from all the people I’ve met where I live from there are great. I know it’s the main board, but why is he so horrific? I’m sure you’re right, just at work and don’t feel like reading up on his political career.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

I don’t know anything about the Philippines, aside from all the people I’ve met where I live from there are great. I know it’s the main board, but why is he so horrific? I’m sure you’re right, just at work and don’t feel like reading up on his political career.
    It’s hard to keep up with all of it. Basically he gets his politics from the Bible so, we’ll, you’ve read the Bible, it’s a horror show. But his support of their President is disgusting. They are literally murdering suspects in crimes by policy. Suspects, not convicted people. By the thousands

Thread Information