Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Murata is a top 5 middleweight who is totally overlooked because he's Japanese. Barring the obvious top two, Jacobs and Saunders nobody else really has any form to surpass him. Great matchup.

And the very fact they plan to hold it the Tokyo Dome says it all. Canelo is the only other middleweight who can pack a 60,000 stadium.
    Curious, who downgrades Murata because he’s Japanese?
    The average western boxing media/fan.

Murata's last fight got 17 million TV viewers in Japan, it wasn't even shown in America or the UK. Most people on this forum who consider themselves "hardcore" probably think "who the funk is Murata?" when reading this thread title, his fights don't even get a mention (barring the odd few of us).

And to answer the post you deleted...

Murata's two wins over N'Dam is better form at 160 than anything Charlo, Andrade and Derevyanchenko have done. He has a WBA title and is a former Olympic Gold Medalist. He has credentials.
    That post didn’t stand up for long

Admittedly got it from BoxRec, but it seems one of those fights with N'Dam was a LOSS. Aside from that, just a bunch of no-names in a short, unremarkable pro career.

I'm all for giving Japanese fighters their due. Just not leaping overboard while doing it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Murata is a top 5 middleweight who is totally overlooked because he's Japanese. Barring the obvious top two, Jacobs and Saunders nobody else really has any form to surpass him. Great matchup.

And the very fact they plan to hold it the Tokyo Dome says it all. Canelo is the only other middleweight who can pack a 60,000 stadium.

Murata's last fight got 17 million TV viewers in Japan, it wasn't even shown in America or the UK. Most people on this forum who consider themselves "hardcore" probably think "who the funk is Murata?" when reading this thread title, his fights don't even get a mention (barring the odd few of us).

Murata's two wins over N'Dam is better form at 160 than anything Charlo, Andrade and Derevyanchenko have done. He has a WBA title and is a former Olympic Gold Medalist. He has credentials.
    Still stands up over Charlo.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Admittedly got it from BoxRec, but it seems one of those fights with N'Dam was a LOSS. Aside from that, just a bunch of no-names in a short, unremarkable pro career.

I'm all for giving Japanese fighters their due. Just not leaping overboard while doing it.
    Sorry to point this out but the irony can't be ignored.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Sorry to point this out but the irony can't be ignored.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still stands up over Charlo.
    Charlo had a real belt at 154. Ryota will never get a real belt

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great pace set by Brant. Murata was one dimensional and just tried to land the big right. Fight was closer than the cards tho. Clear win for Brant. 116-112 is what I had it.

Shows how underrated Braehmer's win over Brant is.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Great pace set by Brant. Murata was one dimensional and just tried to land the big right. Fight was closer than the cards tho. Clear win for Brant. 116-112 is what I had it.

Exactly. With hindsight Brant has one loss against a brilliant veteran at 168, we over looked him not overestimated Murata, as the boxrec boys will claim.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly. With hindsight Brant has one loss against a brilliant veteran at 168, we over looked him not overestimated Murata, as the boxrec boys will claim.
    Top 5 right? That’s what you said isn’t it? Curious where you rate Brant?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good question. Murata was ranked no.6 with N'dam no.9 (Ring). So technically Brant has formlines over two top 10 guys and is 24-0 at 160. That's stronger form at 160 than any other middleweight outside the obvious top 4. I guess there's a case for him being no.5

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good question. Murata was ranked no.6 with N'dam no.9 (Ring). So technically Brant has formlines over two top 10 guys and is 24-0 at 160. That's stronger form at 160 than any other middleweight outside the obvious top 4. I guess there's a case for him being no.5
    I would have had Murata around #7 going in. You can see by my 160 rating in the forum voted rankings thread that he wasn't in my top 5. But definitely top 10 entering the fight.

I'd put Brant at #8 after the win. Where do you rate Brant now, or are you going to keep that secret, like your predictions.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So how you rank does not include talent only who you have beaten? I don’t say this to downgrade Brant, I can’t judge him he may be very talented I don’t know, just trying to understand your system

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So how you rank does not include talent only who you have beaten? I don’t say this to downgrade Brant, I can’t judge him he may be very talented I don’t know, just trying to understand your system
    So no reply to where you now currently rate Brant?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well he just told you he hasn’t seen him and explained that his criteria includes more than wins on paper... This is some musical chairs

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Well he just told you he hasn’t seen him and explained that his criteria includes more than wins on paper... This is some musical chairs
    There is a thing called youtube, a with over 1200 punches thrown, it's not a bad fight to watch. A fantastic performance from Brant. I'm just trying to get an idea of where he considers Brant now.

We have nothing tangible to go on from Ron before this fight, other than he thought Murata was basic, I would have liked to see his top 10 middles going into this fight. So I would like to know if he now considers Brant top 10 or not. Or a list of his top 10 middles that he has seen, if that is his requirement.

If Ron doesn't want to rate Brant because he hasn't seen him fight, I have no problem with that, however I would like to see his current top 10 middleweights so we have a starting point to work with.

He has seen Murata fight tho right? So I'd be interested to see where he now rates Murata and who he ranks ahead of him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Canelo/ GGG 3 is all but announced for 4-May-19 at in Vegas.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information