Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Sounds like Canelo/ GGG 3 is all but announced for 4-May-19 at in Vegas.
    All the more reason to hope Fielding pulls off a monumental upset. And to think they cried about Golovkin tuning up Vanes because it might risk the rematch .

and again..Golovkin has to follow lil ol Canelo around. This time to DAZN yeh?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Just like to point out I said long ago my biggest concern was GGG would sit out waiting on Canelo. Have to give GGG credit, he is predictable.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say it again and again, but I understand GGGs whole thing with waiting for Canelo because he makes massive amounts of money for it, but there comes a point to where a lose respect for him as a fighter. He does not need to fight Canelo a third time. And I lose the little respect I have for Canelo for not taking on any other actual top middleweight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I say it again and again, but I understand GGGs whole thing with waiting for Canelo because he makes massive amounts of money for it, but there comes a point to where a lose respect for him as a fighter. He does not need to fight Canelo a third time. And I lose the little respect I have for Canelo for not taking on any other actual top middleweight.
    GGG needs the belts back, money and right the wrongs of the last fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He should have won both of the fights and he is still allowing Canelo to dictate his career. It’s as if he’s trying to prove a point that has already been proven. He beat Canelo twice but he keeps coming back for more.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should have won both of the fights and he is still allowing Canelo to dictate his career. It’s as if he’s trying to prove a point that has already been proven. He beat Canelo twice but he keeps coming back for more.
    Judges thought otherwise and it is not as if Golovkin is doing this deliberately.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He most certainly and definitely was robbed in the first fight.

The second fight was a lot closer. Canelo made some clever adjustments, he controlled the centre of the ring and was pushing Golovkin back for most of the fight. GGG was content to box his way through the fight, much like Hagler did against Leonard.

I can make a case for Alvarez winning the second fight, it could have gone either way to be fair .... but the first was a brazen fix.

I am a massive Golovkin fan, and am angry that these two 'losses' are how he will be remembered for the next five years or so.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judges thought otherwise and it is not as if Golovkin is doing this deliberately.
    Judges didn’t think so, they were paid off to think so. And GGG doesn’t have to fight Canelo again. He can just say “I beat Canelo twice and the judges were paid off both times so I am going to fight another top guy in the division instead of getting cheated a third time.”

Obviously he won’t do that though because there’s too much money on the table to let it go.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    He most certainly and definitely was robbed in the first fight.

The second fight was a lot closer. Canelo made some clever adjustments, he controlled the centre of the ring and was pushing Golovkin back for most of the fight. GGG was content to box his way through the fight, much like Hagler did against Leonard.

I can make a case for Alvarez winning the second fight, it could have gone either way to be fair .... but the first was a brazen fix.

I am a massive Golovkin fan, and am angry that these two 'losses' are how he will be remembered for the next five years or so.
    If he would fight the other good MWs there would be no mark at all. The problem isn’t the decisions, we know he won. The problem is the years wasted not fighting the top guys.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judges didn’t think so, they were paid off to think so. And GGG doesn’t have to fight Canelo again. He can just say “I beat Canelo twice and the judges were paid off both times so I am going to fight another top guy in the division instead of getting cheated a third time.”

Obviously he won’t do that though because there’s too much money on the table to let it go.
    GGG doesn't have to fight Canelo, but no one else brings in that sort of money. Canelo is also seen as a P4P fighter and a top middleweight and champion/ beltholder whatever, from GGG's point of view the fight is an obvious choice.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG doesn't have to fight Canelo, but no one else brings in that sort of money. Canelo is also seen as a P4P fighter and a top middleweight and champion/ beltholder whatever, from GGG's point of view the fight is an obvious choice.
    Trust me I know. It just shows that money talks and it doesn’t matter who the best is.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trust me I know. It just shows that money talks and it doesn’t matter who the best is.
    Who would you say is the best guy at 160?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Can’t blame a guy for getting paid but I would prefer a more talented opponent. Is what it is. If you all say it is exciting I will check it out on YouTube
    It's a lot better than having Golovkin box some Japanese MMA fighter who has never boxed before, like Floyd Mayweather is doing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s close but I think GGG has proven that he is still the best. Jacobs deserves a rematch over Canelo since the Jacobs match was closer than both Canelo fights. Charlo might be the best and deserves a chance to prove it.

What bothers me is that Canelo and GGG have been holding up the division for a long time and there are two other fighters who are legit and should get a shot at the titles. A third fight shouldn’t happen between GGG and Canelo from a “who’s the best?” Standpoint.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s close but I think GGG has proven that he is still the best. Jacobs deserves a rematch over Canelo since the Jacobs match was closer than both Canelo fights. Charlo might be the best and deserves a chance to prove it.

What bothers me is that Canelo and GGG have been holding up the division for a long time and there are two other fighters who are legit and should get a shot at the titles. A third fight shouldn’t happen between GGG and Canelo from a “who’s the best?” Standpoint.
    I would like to see other fights, no doubt. From Canelo's point of view tho, he would once again be taking on a guy seen by many as the best in the division.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information