Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Canelo’s side makes perfect sense. He gets the “win” in both fights and can keep fighting GGG to eventually get a legit win because GGG is slowly fading with age. He may actually be favored to legit win this next fight. He is already a joke anyways to real fans and he has Mexico in his pocket and they will side with him on anything. Which means that he becomes the media darling and can do no wrong. Charlo and Jacobs are huge risks for Canelo that he wants to avoid

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin’s next fight: Ryota Murata named as frontrunner for Japan bout

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Canelo’s side makes perfect sense. He gets the “win” in both fights and can keep fighting GGG to eventually get a legit win because GGG is slowly fading with age. He may actually be favored to legit win this next fight. He is already a joke anyways to real fans and he has Mexico in his pocket and they will side with him on anything. Which means that he becomes the media darling and can do no wrong. Charlo and Jacobs are huge risks for Canelo that he wants to avoid
    Oh I agree the advantages are stacked for Canelo, especially as father time catches up to GGG. To play devil's advocate tho, Canelo does have to get in the ring and survive until the end of the fight. It's not like he just has to turn up to a desk job. As we saw with Stevenson, the reality of this sport can be brutal.

I agree Jacobs is a huge risk, you could argue he is the #1 guy at 160.

I like the Charlo's but they do stuff that irritates me. Like missing the random VADA testing recently. They are supposed to be contactable at all times. But neither answered their phones. Then you see Jermell in the ring with Hurd saying "My phone is always on".

Jermall's time will come and then hopefully we get to see him against some of these other guys.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Can’t blame a guy for getting paid but I would prefer a more talented opponent. Is what it is. If you all say it is exciting I will check it out on YouTube
    It's a lot better than having Golovkin box some Japanese MMA fighter who has never boxed before, like Floyd Mayweather is doing.
    Floyd is retired, I won’t be watching the old man in an exhibition. Strange you would compare GGG, a current top fighter with a retired old man. Quite an insult to what GGGs goals are.

Thread Information