Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floyd confirms what we already knew: Canelo was the easiest opponent of his career

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd confirms what we already knew: Canelo was the easiest opponent of his care

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    http://www.fightsports.tv/floyd-blas...iest-opponent/

Been saying that for years. Finally Floyd said it himself.
    canelo was asked about the floyd fight some years later. he said floyd is just a guy that if he can throw 3 punches a round to beat you he will. what would that make him? i dont understand why counter punchers think that you will just let them counter you. a counter puncher will stand there staring and waiting forever but fans will call the guy who uses the ring a runner.

Good points. And if you know you're hopelessly outclassed, the only shot you got is a careless slip up by the other guy so you can get in that one equalizer. It happened against Khan, who inexplicably was behind on two of the three official scorecards, which in itself is nothing new..... just a big ho-hum by now. You knock Canelo out, or you lose. Canelo could afford to wait for Khan, and obviously he was hoping for the same against Floyd.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd confirms what we already knew: Canelo was the easiest opponent of his care

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I have to say. I think I got another one wrong. If Canelo is out there so thirsty begging for Floyd maybe he won’t make decent fights over the next few years. After all he has no incentive to make tough fights now that there is no upside.

I can’t think of many things weaker than calling out a currently retired 42 year old(by the time any fight could happen) 3 divisions down.(since Canelo is going to 168

Who is next Canelo, want a piece of Sweet Pea?
    To be fair, even guys from other sports are calling out Floyd.
    But I was told he was irrelevant 😂

What Floyd has done is truly amazing. Guy can make 200 million next year easy if he chooses and he’s shot.

I can’t even imagine the numbers the next guy so big will get his earnings are so mind boggling. Will we see a guy in 10-15 years making a billion per fight? It sounds silly but the numbers keep growing exponentially. Floyd isn’t even charismatic, every time he talks I cringe. Imagine if another Muhammad-Ali came along. Charming and hated. A global presence.
    Honestly if another Muhammad Ali came around I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a billion dollars for his career. A HW with a huge personality that’s amazing and a global icon. He would be mega rich now

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slow pitch over the plate either way but who's looking back and who's looking forward? But Canelo will never be in Mayweathers league inside the ropes and regardless of how you felt about his style, Floyd largely got through on actual consistent skill rather than being hand held, benefited and readily provided 101 excuses. Guess what I'm saying is I wish both would enjoy retirement .

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t think there is a way to score a round of their fight for Canelo, that said, it wasn’t easy for Floyd by any means. I think he fought that well largely because he had to, being in against a much younger and bigger guy with Heavy hands, who was fundamentally sound. Considering that, it was a brilliant performance as it was about as one sided as a competitive fight can possibly be, if that makes sense. This likely is just Floyd being bitter, though. McGregor is a better fighter than Canelo, as a boxer? I mean please...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don’t think there is a way to score a round of their fight for Canelo, that said, it wasn’t easy for Floyd by any means. I think he fought that well largely because he had to, being in against a much younger and bigger guy with Heavy hands, who was fundamentally sound. Considering that, it was a brilliant performance as it was about as one sided as a competitive fight can possibly be, if that makes sense. This likely is just Floyd being bitter, though. McGregor is a better fighter than Canelo, as a boxer? I mean please...
    C J Ross would argue with you about the score.

It was a fantastic performance from Floyd tho.

I don't won't to take anything away from the win but those couple of extra pounds Canelo had to lose would have had an effect.

Anyone who has had to cut weight knows it's never easy. And then Canelo had to lose that little bit more than he was used to. The ironic thing is Canelo has now adopted those same tactics.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't won't to take anything away from the win but those couple of extra pounds Canelo had to lose would have had an effect.

Anyone who has had to cut weight knows it's never easy. And then Canelo had to lose that little bit more than he was used to. The ironic thing is Canelo has now adopted those same tactics.
    hey I like you, but you literally just said nothing,right? Cj Ross has a record of being hilariously useless. Canelo was very young when the fight happened, and naturally a lot bigger than Floyd. Losing the weight, for him, wAs probably easier than it was gaining it for Floyd, over his career. I’m pretty far from an athlete myself, but it’s. a hell of a lot easier to shift weight at 20 than it is 40.there is no question alvar z was a much bigger and stronger guy.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey I like you, but you literally just said nothing,right? Cj Ross has a record of being hilariously useless. Canelo was very young when the fight happened, and naturally a lot bigger than Floyd. Losing the weight, for him, wAs probably easier than it was gaining it for Floyd, over his career. I’m pretty far from an athlete myself, but it’s. a hell of a lot easier to shift weight at 20 than it is 40.there is no question alvar z was a much bigger and stronger guy.
    I like you too 😉

The Ross thing was a joke.

Sure it's 'easier' to cut weight when younger, no one is denying that. But cutting is never easy. I hope we can get some other opinions from guys that have also had to cut weight. I would say I made weight easy, but it reality it was F-ckin hard, and I was only an am fighting but far below my walk around weight.

Canelo hadn't been at or below 152 for roughly 2 years. His body would have become accustomed to squeezing down to 154, and even making that, the week up to the fight, if not longer looking at his statue, he would have been boiling down. It's always this last few pounds that f-ck you up, you hit a wall of sorts. Then add that Canelo has to drop another 2 pounds to a weight he hasn't been at for 2 years. HARD.

Take a look at Corrales when he fought Floyd, he had only just fought at 130 4 months prior, but was struggling to get there. He had nothing in that fight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd beat Oscar at his weight and people never said that Floyd was too young.

Floyd beat Canelo as the smaller, past his prime older guy and now its because Canelo was too young?...please.

Canelo could never ever beat Floyd but he has beat everyone else including the bogey man..GGG.

Just accept that Floyd is TBE.

The best (of this) era.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Floyd beat Oscar at his weight and people never said that Floyd was too young.

Floyd beat Canelo as the smaller, past his prime older guy and now its because Canelo was too young?...please.

Canelo could never ever beat Floyd but he has beat everyone else including the bogey man..GGG.

Just accept that Floyd is TBE.

The best (of this) era.
    For the record I never said Canelo would beat Floyd. I only pointed out that Canelo would have struggled and been affected by having to make 152. If it wasn't such a big deal then why did Floyd insist on it? Like why is Khan insisting in a rehydration clause with Brook?

And I have mentioned before on here that I had Floyd as a big favorite over Oscar. Sturm outboxed his ass and Hopkins weighing 156 stopped him before Floyd fought him. The Oscar that Floyd fought was far removed from the Oscar that was at 135 to 147.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I don't think I said anything about Canelo age, other than its 'easier' to cut weight when younger.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like you too ������

Sure it's 'easier' to cut weight when younger, no one is denying that. But cutting is never easy. I hope we can get some other opinions from guys that have also had to cut weight. I would say I made weight easy, but it reality it was F-ckin hard, and I was only an am fighting but far below my walk around weight.

Canelo hadn't been at or below 152 for roughly 2 years. His body would have become accustomed to squeezing down to 154, and even making that, the week up to the fight, if not longer looking at his statue, he would have been boiling down. It's always this last few pounds that f-ck you up, you hit a wall of sorts. Then add that Canelo has to drop another 2 pounds to a weight he hasn't been at for 2 years. HARD.

Take a look at Corrales when he fought Floyd, he had only just fought at 130 4 months prior, but was struggling to get there. He had nothing in that fight.

You are likely correct. I’m no heavier than those guys myself, so I dislike the whole weight cutting argument myself. My weight fluctuates at least 10 lbs on a daily basis, depending mainly, I assume, on what I cooked for the night before.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like you too ������

You are likely correct. I’m no heavier than those guys myself, so I dislike the whole weight cutting argument myself. My weight fluctuates at least 10 lbs on a daily basis, depending mainly, I assume, on what I cooked for the night before.
    And water, that's why they call it drying out or boiling down.

Not saying I'm right, just speaking from experience. Some guys might make it 'easier' but it's always pretty tough.

If you get the chance to visit a gym, see if you can hang out with a fighter preparing for a bout. Especially the last couple of days before weigh in. That sh-t can break you. That's why a lot of fighters say the fight is the fun part. All the hard part is behind them.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree with this. Canelo had the edge in youth, size, power, and of course..... chin. There was no way in hell Floyd was going to knock out or even stun Canelo. He probably could have, but that would've meant putting himself in harm's way a bit too much. All the advantages resided with Canelo. Which is why the absolute whitewash of a fight was so astounding and satisfying (for me) to watch. It was 12 rounds to zero, sans CJ Ross's ridiculous scorecard, which only shows judges can be bought rather easily. For Floyd to avoid making a mistake, he had to fight a great fight.... and that's precisely what he did. I also agree he's just a bitter ex-fighter now.... and predictably takes pot shots at Canelo. But nothing of what he says is wrong. It WAS his easiest fight ever.... and Canelo doesn't belong within a few light-years of Floyd in terms of fighter class. Every single opponent Floyd had particularly in his later years, outperformed Canelo by a country mile (I'm excluding McGregor, of course).

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This “bitter” thing is strange to me. I could see saying this if he started this. But Canelo started it, which suggests Canelo is the one with an axe to grind.

Or did Floyd say something before Canelo got thirsty and that isn’t being reported?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh.... I thought Floyd just up and said what he said about Canelo. If Canelo started the war of words, then it's even worse. Canelo has no business even mentioning Floyd's name without permission.

Thread Information