Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floyd confirms what we already knew: Canelo was the easiest opponent of his career

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd confirms what we already knew: Canelo was the easiest opponent of his care

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    This “bitter” thing is strange to me. I could see saying this if he started this. But Canelo started it, which suggests Canelo is the one with an axe to grind.

Or did Floyd say something before Canelo got thirsty and that isn’t being reported?
    Something tells me it’s about as strange to you as a clogged toilet is to a plumber.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd confirms what we already knew: Canelo was the easiest opponent of his care

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    This “bitter” thing is strange to me. I could see saying this if he started this. But Canelo started it, which suggests Canelo is the one with an axe to grind.

Or did Floyd say something before Canelo got thirsty and that isn’t being reported?
    Something tells me it’s about as strange to you as a clogged toilet is to a plumber.
    Wait, people call plumbers for clogged toilets? I’m confused again 😂

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait, people call plumbers for clogged toilets? I’m confused again ������
    Much less confused than I am by reading you post something self deprecating.... I was initially tempted to google plumbers, in case they don’t deal with clogged toilets anymore :/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait, people call plumbers for clogged toilets? I’m confused again ������
    Much less confused than I am by reading you post something self deprecating.... I was initially tempted to google plumbers, in case they don’t deal with clogged toilets anymore :/
    I just would never consider a plumber for such a situation. Other drains that can have tougher clogs maybe. Never have but depending on the situation I might. If my roto rooter couldn’t reach it. But a toilet, what could be in there a plunger couldn’t move?

But I digress

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don’t think there is a way to score a round of their fight for Canelo, that said, it wasn’t easy for Floyd by any means. I think he fought that well largely because he had to, being in against a much younger and bigger guy with Heavy hands, who was fundamentally sound. Considering that, it was a brilliant performance as it was about as one sided as a competitive fight can possibly be, if that makes sense. This likely is just Floyd being bitter, though. McGregor is a better fighter than Canelo, as a boxer? I mean please...

Totally agree with this. Canelo had the edge in youth, size, power, and of course..... chin. There was no way in hell Floyd was going to knock out or even stun Canelo. He probably could have, but that would've meant putting himself in harm's way a bit too much. All the advantages resided with Canelo. Which is why the absolute whitewash of a fight was so astounding and satisfying (for me) to watch. It was 12 rounds to zero, sans CJ Ross's ridiculous scorecard, which only shows judges can be bought rather easily. For Floyd to avoid making a mistake, he had to fight a great fight.... and that's precisely what he did. I also agree he's just a bitter ex-fighter now.... and predictably takes pot shots at Canelo. But nothing of what he says is wrong. It WAS his easiest fight ever.... and Canelo doesn't belong within a few light-years of Floyd in terms of fighter class. Every single opponent Floyd had particularly in his later years, outperformed Canelo by a country mile (I'm excluding McGregor, of course).
    Which I why I put more emphasis on the catchweight clause. I think it had a greater affect on Canelo than people like to admit. Tito won't give Canelo any sympathy (and he doesn't deserve it either, once the bell rings there's no excuses) but in my opinion the weight was a big factor.

As to this current beef between Floyd/ Canelo/ Oscar, Canelo was asked about fighting Floyd again, he said something along the lines of "it's a thorn in my side that would like to correct" and I think he said something along the lines of "Comeback and fight me". It escalated from there.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What if someone were to throw the bulk of my posts into your toilet?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They would still be 100 times better than Brock's.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would they clog it though? Swanson might be able to just plunge them right through. Brockton is more likely to bring a tradesman into this, as I’ve been humbly reminded of.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would they clog it though? Swanson might be able to just plunge them right through. Brockton is more likely to bring a tradesman into this, as I’ve been humbly reminded of.
    Last thing I'll say on it, as we are on the main board:

Get one of those plungers on the pole, the plunger part is a flat disc. Those are the sh-t
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that a code name for Ron? I’ll stop too.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t see the substance to clog a toilet (rimshot)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Swish
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jokes aside I hope Floyd goes away and someone beats Canelo arse

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Swish
    Oh snap my boy Ron just kicked the shit out of P4p

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has had me laughing for a few minutes, nice one.

Thread Information