Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dorticos vs Masternak & Rodriguez vs Maloney

I didn’t see a thread about these fights.

Dorticos controlled the fight and looked good, but Masternak was game the whole fight. Dorticos is a solid fighter, but he just doesn’t have enough dimensions to his style to be considered great.

Rodriguez vs Maloney was a great fight. Rodriguez controlled the fight early while Maloney took over the second half. Both showed a lot of guts but I think the right guy won. Rodriguez looks legit and I think he give Inoue some issues. I’m not calling for the upset but I don’t think it will be a walk in the park.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dorticos vs Masternak & Rodriguez vs Maloney

Considering it was Dorticos' first fight back after being stopped by Gassiev, he performed well against a solid guy.

I really enjoyed Rodriguez/ Moloney, it was a very good fight. I've felt for awhile that Rodriguez was one of the best fighters in the division, and he looked it. Fast hands, always in position to counter. Looked fantastic. He faded late tho and had it been 15 rounds, I think Moloney would have stopped him. Moloney brought a furious pace through the championship rounds and proved he belongs at this level. In the end I had it 115-113 Manny.

Can't wait for Inoue/ Rodriguez. It could have easily been the final with a different bracket. I hold Rodriguez in very high regard, but I still can't see him defeating Inoue.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would've liked to have seen the Manny fight, and will still see it when available. Sounds like Moloney gave Manny all he could handle, and that probably doesn't bode well for Manny's upcoming vs. arguably the best p4p today. Yeah I definitely wish they would've met in the final, as I think Manny beats all the other guys in the tournament. Still..... I gotta pull for my guy, and may even vote for him if the fight makes the fight pick thread.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I would've liked to have seen the Manny fight, and will still see it when available. Sounds like Moloney gave Manny all he could handle, and that probably doesn't bode well for Manny's upcoming vs. arguably the best p4p today. Yeah I definitely wish they would've met in the final, as I think Manny beats all the other guys in the tournament. Still..... I gotta pull for my guy, and may even vote for him if the fight makes the fight pick thread.
    I posted a link to the fight in the other board.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Manny looked great. Maloney was just relentless. Fortunately for Manny, Inoue isn’t so energetic, so he may not get gassed so much. As I said earlier, I think that Manny gives Inoue some trouble.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maloney did much better than anyone thought, yet again it's a case of underestimating unknown quantities not overrating proven top guys. Rodriguez-Inoue is a great matchup, if Inoue slaughters him it's because he's an elite talent not that Rodriguez isn't world-class, the same goes for Tete and Burnett.

Masternak was an excellent win for Bellew which got overlooked because everyone hates big mouth Bellew.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information