Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

I must be focusing on the wrong stuff, I'm still in the first camp and just did the 'Micah' stagecoach robbery after his jail break. Is the contribution box key here? You need to raise enough money to move?

lesson learned about the waypoint setting. Apparently I accidentally set it fleeing Strawberry being chased by bounty hunters. For an hour I thought the glowing red line was them tracking me everywhere I went so here I am trying to change clothes..get haircuts..change horses..lose tracks by crossing back and forth in rivers (watched too many westerns as a kid) but the damn line was still following. No one was pursuing it was just the damn waypoint ffs. Dumbass

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t think there is a right or wrong thing to focus on. It can be overwhelming with all the stuff to focus on to be fucking honest.

Having a lazy Sunday so will get a few hours in and hopefully finally make some good progress.

45 minute sittings just don’t work.

Real annoying how you can’t save a game and restart from that exact point
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The auto save was annoying so turned it off just have to remember to save every 15 minutes or so. I think depending on how you die it puts you relatively near your last spot. After being shot down three times by Bounty hunter hoards it was resetting me right across from a station to pay it off . Feels like you're saving the 'whats' more than the where.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I don’t think there is a right or wrong thing to focus on. It can be overwhelming with all the stuff to focus on to be fucking honest.

Having a lazy Sunday so will get a few hours in and hopefully finally make some good progress.

Yea sometimes I just spend an 1 hour or 2 just exploring and hunting or completing challenges. Anyone sat down in camp and had a chat/ talk with another camp member? That sh-t is funny, talking about killing people and animals for no reason, talking about the things you have been doing.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Yea sometimes I just spend an 1 hour or 2 just exploring and hunting or completing challenges. Anyone sat down in camp and had a chat/ talk with another camp member? That sh-t is funny, talking about killing people and animals for no reason, talking about the things you have been doing.
    How can you have time to sit down when there’s so much to fucking do

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I often wonder round antagonizing everyone...except for Lenny, Lenny is my pal after our monumental drinking session in Valentine.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just realized today that you can pull into any 'stable' and access all horses with upgrades. They have really adopted the GTA form . I've been riding around on a tiny $15 horse named Tacos for two weeks now.

The night missions really piss me off. Rather wait around until daylight and do all of them because you cannot see anything! Literally.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've found that with missions.

Despite my TV only being about 5 years old when I was calibrating the brightness settings on set up i could not get the RockStar logo to display.

I see the best horse in the game is somewhere up in the North West snow regions. Might head on up there at some point - maybe when i've half a day free as no doubt it will be an hours fucking ride out there then another hour chasing the cunt

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've found that with missions.

Despite my TV only being about 5 years old when I was calibrating the brightness settings on set up i could not get the RockStar logo to display.

I see the best horse in the game is somewhere up in the North West snow regions. Might head on up there at some point - maybe when i've half a day free as no doubt it will be an hours fucking ride out there then another hour chasing the cunt
    What will you do with your current horse Jim Bowen?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jim Bowen died in triangular crossfire. My current horse is called Gaz Top.

What I never thought to check was the stable like Spic said. I wonder if Jim Bowen can be reincarnated from there??

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got the perfect panther pelt tonight, proper fucker he is, killed me three times before I got the drop on him, poison arrow through the face got him, just gotta get a perfect cougar and wolf then I have got the legend of the east satchel, time to crack on with the story then I reckon

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I got the perfect panther pelt tonight, proper fucker he is, killed me three times before I got the drop on him, poison arrow through the face got him, just gotta get a perfect cougar and wolf then I have got the legend of the east satchel, time to crack on with the story then I reckon
    You got boxing tomorrow remember?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Legendary animals are always perfect. Do you save just before you take them on ? If I fail I then have to wait ages for them to come back. It’s fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The game has grown on me immensely, but I am just not finding the time to play it through as I would like as I only end up with an hour here and there to play it. But frustrating actually as I would like to give it a good 8 hour spin. It is quite lovely in what I assume to be something akin to Lyle land.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Legendary animals are always perfect. Do you save just before you take them on ? If I fail I then have to wait ages for them to come back. It’s fucking annoying.
    The panther wasn't a legendary animal, I had to kill 2 before I got the perfect pelt for it.

I don't have any difficulty at all with the legendary animals though, follow the clues which leads you right to them, switch to dead eye as soon as you see it and fill the cunt full of bullets, like you say they are always perfect.

Only fucker I had any problems with was the wolf and I think that only took me 3 after lts

Thread Information