Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

It is stealth boxing. To be fair, when I played as Calzaghe I would fight as Calzaghe. However, you cannot get too reckless as flash KD's do happen.

I couldn't handle online as some people were obviously cheating somehow. They would be invincible and it would piss me off when the inevitable 'fag' comment would come after being impossibly crushed. Ridiculous. At least I kept it real.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It is stealth boxing. To be fair, when I played as Calzaghe I would fight as Calzaghe. However, you cannot get too reckless as flash KD's do happen.

I couldn't handle online as some people were obviously cheating somehow. They would be invincible and it would piss me off when the inevitable 'fag' comment would come after being impossibly crushed. Ridiculous. At least I kept it real.
    I think I might have played it online once, some geeza who literally spammed the body in a way that you couldn't block or get out of the way of it, I can't be fucked with shit like that so I never played in online again

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep I never did figure out the body spamming tactic. It was impossible to defend against.

Miss fight night online. Can't understand why they not doing a new one
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Days Gone is a glitchy mess with a bad story. Sounds akin to Far Cry 5 with zombies. Shame really as the hordes look fun and the basic premise is the same mass shooting thing we have all seen and done a thousand times, so you shouldn't be messing that up. It's looking like I might not play a game until TLOU2. I think a good story is important and we saw some good ones with the Naughty Dog games and RDR1 and 2, but I found with Uncharted 4 and RDR2 the games were getting too big and sprawling and thus a bit boring. Uncharted 4 simply wasn't as fun as the others.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I was waiting for Days Gone then saw the reviews....shame after all that build up.

It’s not easy to follow an open worlder like rdr2 is it.

Wish they’d do a full on GTA in London

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RDR2 is easily my favourite game of all time. Such a beautiful game. So many breathtakingly cinematic and heartbreaking scenes.

Made me invest in a pair of 7.1 headphones.

Try hunting with them on. Brilliant!
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 04-30-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    RDR2 is easily my favourite game of all time. Such a beautiful game. So many breathtakingly cinematic and heartbreaking scenes.

Made me invest in a pair of 7.1 headphones.

Try hunting with them on. Brilliant!
    Is it really? I think the story was fantastic and I think some missions were fun, but some of it just fell flat for me and I found myself a little bit bored. It is technically stunning, but in terms of just pure 'fun' and 'excitement' I just don't think it was as good as the games I enjoy more like Uncharted 2 and TLOU.

@Mark TKO I don't know about Day's Gone. The critics savaged it, but the user reviews are mostly saying 'Steady on, this game is actually a lot of fun and I do not get the reviews'. I don't know, I am in two minds about it. Kind of want to play, but am on a game hiatus and it is good for me to not be playing any games.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bloody @ thing. Who the hell invented that?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I'll revisit then. I did see a few reviewers saying how annoying the bike was - supposed to be one of main selling points.from what I read I think it would annoy me too.

Unlike some films I've realised game reviews are usually pretty spot on

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the user score is higher than RDR2 now. Critics are a bit random IMO. I remember playing Metal Gear Solid whatever based on its reviews and the game was utter bollocks. I got through it but that was a waste. I am inclined to suspect corruption or else they simply play a few hours and then decide.

I think the same with music and film too. You cannot tell me that every new Dylan album is the best thing ever. It is patently gibberish. He is recycling the same song for half of each album and it's not exactly 'Life on Mars' that he is reworking. Just that same damn bluesy thing with new words that he has been doing since 1960 fucking 5.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spiderman scored lower than Bloodborne which I had to just douse with petrol and set alight which is probably the same way you have to kill some of those stupid and weird bosses. Spiderman is clearly a much more fun game with far less of that horrible grindey 'No idea what I am even doing it for' feeling. Good story, well designed, well executed and FUN! That's what I want in a game. If I have to feed another camp ever again I deserve the right to shoot everyone in the camp first so it is the last time! Rant over!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spiderman scored lower than Bloodborne which I had to just douse with petrol and set alight which is probably the same way you have to kill some of those stupid and weird bosses. Spiderman is clearly a much more fun game with far less of that horrible grindey 'No idea what I am even doing it for' feeling. Good story, well designed, well executed and FUN! That's what I want in a game. If I have to feed another camp ever again I deserve the right to shoot everyone in the camp first so it is the last time! Rant over!
    Spiderman swinging through New York is the best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spiderman swinging through New York is the best.
    Totally, it is great fun! And Spiderman as a character is like playing myself. It's just something I can slip into easily. I think it is slightly underrated. After going from that into RDR2 I think Spiderman is the better game. You can plod along on your horse for an hour but still get nothing done. Great story, but gameplay is several years behind for me.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree and disagree

Spiderman was brilliant and I have completed it 100% twice now, it is fun and sometimes just aimlessly swinging around can be nice and relaxing, good fast paced brainless fun.

RDR2 is still the best game that I have ever played, I managed to get completely immersed in it, I loved riding my hoss around for ages trying to find a god damn rabbit, and just seeing what trouble I could get into, hell, I even had fun growing a fucking beard and getting a hair cut, will I play it again? probably not but that first play through was a real experience for me and I loved every second of it.

I guess I just like some slow paced games as I still class Heavy Rain as one of my all time favourite games.

I'm not a big gamer at all and as I mentioned previously I'm currently playing Sekiro, I've enjoyed it but the grind is too much for me, I got onto the final boss last night and kind of just though 'meh, I've made it now, I could kill this dude but I'm already pretty much at the end' I don't know if I will actually bother finishing that one final boss.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you got that far you might as well get it done. It would be like reading a book and then deciding to skip the final 5 pages. Might as well finish what you started. If the game sucks from the off I can understand dumping it, but not if you get close to the end.

Thread Information