Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Well ? I’m a few hours in and would like to share views.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

@Batman has, he loves it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fucking amazing game, god knows how many hours I have sunk into it this weekend and I haven't even scratched the surface of it.

The graphics are amazing, the way the wildlife breaks off and runs away when you go galloping past on your hoss is fucking brilliant, the attention to detail is really something else (right down to your horses bollocks shrinking in the cold weather)

You can ride around without doing anything and not get bored of it, I think I'm about 11% through the story after probably 18 hours of gameplay over the last two days, I just can't leave it alone.

Yeah the controls can be a wee bit jerky when you are in close quarters and I'm not a fan of the hand to hand combat, it annoys me when it slows you down to less than walking pace when you are in your camp but they are the only cons I can think of right now.

And I don't even play computer games these days...well the odd game of FIFA and I still play Fightnight Champion when I'm having a solitary drink and listening to my music, I had to get this though because I enjoyed Red Dead 1 so much.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a game ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Well ? I’m a few hours in and would like to share views.
    i was thinking of picking it up how is it

Sorry posted after Batman’s post didn’t see it

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say although I fully recognise its brilliance and attention to detail I’m finding it a bit tedious after several hours play.

You have to shave, eat , Bond with horse, sleep, change clothes , look after three health bars of your own the your horses ffs. Go shopping etc...oh and don’t eat too much or you’ll get fat and it will affect your health.

At one stage I was told to go get a bath and there was separate buttons for washing face, arms and legs. I was like wtf....

At the moment I’m wondering what I’m actually doing in the game.

I’ve read other people with similar views to mine and they do say actually that once you get passed a certain stage it opens up and becomes much better. I’m hoping I get there soon...

But yes I fully see why people are raving about it in many ways.

Maybe I’m too old for games like this now

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't been bothered by that stuff, when you need to eat just shoot a rabbit or a deer and eat it straight away, I haven't had a shave yet, I'm quite happy for my dude to grow a big grizzly beard, only made him have two baths because I'm pretty sure that when you sleep it automatically cleans him up as well.

The fact it is a slow burner is better for me cuz I actually prefer just trotting around hunting squirrels rather than just running around button bashing and causing explosions and shit like that.

I can see why it would get to some people though, plus I love everything to do with the West and that era in general so I find it pretty immersive

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The day of the release the company that produced this games stock went up 10 bucks in one day....impressive

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, I got it delivered last weekend, but haven't sat down and played it yet. From what I have read it is meant to be huge and rather slow to unravel, so I am not going to rush into it like a giddy kid and just put it off until I am ready. I only play about 2 or 3 games a year and just finished Spiderman, so no rush. I thought Spiderman was wonderful. Obviously a labor of love right there and really well put together. A rest from gaming for a while, but then I am in. RDR1 is my favorite game of all time along with The Last of Us. Just really great story telling with a great gaming world. This one has been a long time coming, but strangely I am in no rush to get on with it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I have to say although I fully recognise its brilliance and attention to detail I’m finding it a bit tedious after several hours play.

You have to shave, eat , Bond with horse, sleep, change clothes , look after three health bars of your own the your horses ffs. Go shopping etc...oh and don’t eat too much or you’ll get fat and it will affect your health.

At one stage I was told to go get a bath and there was separate buttons for washing face, arms and legs. I was like wtf....

At the moment I’m wondering what I’m actually doing in the game.

I’ve read other people with similar views to mine and they do say actually that once you get passed a certain stage it opens up and becomes much better. I’m hoping I get there soon...

But yes I fully see why people are raving about it in many ways.

Maybe I’m too old for games like this now
    You said a similar thing when you started The Last of Us. What did you think of that one in the end, Mark? I have heard that this one is huge and takes a long while to get going. I heard it described as a Cowboy sim. Hopefully not as you want the game to flow and not get too bogged down in minutia. At least The Last of Us does get going once Ellie is on board and you don't bother with baths or changing clothes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Played for like twenty minutes

Returned it because I couldn't shoot my horse in the head

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I liked Last of Us. Having trouble remembering the start of that though.

I will keep going on this for sure and see how it unfolds.

Did finish spiderman last week too. First game I've played like that in years but been a spidey fan since a kid and love new York so it was a must. I say finished - finished main story and got to 88 percent or so with side missions and that was enough for me.

We need another fight night...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really enjoyed Spiderman. I played 2 games before that AC Origins and Far Cry 5. Both looked good, but the stories were so mechanical and all too many missions dull I was thinking gaming had nowhere left to go. Spiderman brought back the fun element for me and was so smooth to play. Gave me some hope again. I will not play another Ubisoft game. They just churn them out. Naughty Dog and Rockstar you can usually rely on. I might give RDR2 a spin later.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I would love a new boxing game too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I played the first one when it first came out and I really enjoyed it. I've been waiting for this one for a while but I don't have the time right now, might give it a go over the Christmas break.

Defo agree that we do need a new boxing game. It's been ages since the last one. But it seems like EA are busy making UFC games, which are shit unless you fight standing up so it would make sense to have a boxing game.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Thread Information