Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Yeh seems you definitely have to play in timely rotations . Back on after a couple days off and just arrived at Saint denis and new chapter. All I'm saying is..wow..the animations and attention to detail with very early downtown New Orleans replica. The cemetery! Game gets very tricky on horseback there and is hell to navigate at night without bumping into countless people from every direction. The variety in environment from cobblestone, back alleys to even the slang is very impressive.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeh seems you definitely have to play in timely rotations . Back on after a couple days off and just arrived at Saint denis and new chapter. All I'm saying is..wow..the animations and attention to detail with very early downtown New Orleans replica. The cemetery! Game gets very tricky on horseback there and is hell to navigate at night without bumping into countless people from every direction. The variety in environment from cobblestone, back alleys to even the slang is very impressive.
    It is very nice indeed. One of the things I like about a really well constructed game is just how deep they can go in terms of character development. You cannot get that with a two hour film. You can in a book of course, so in a way a great game is a bit like a book in terms of detail, but like a film in terms of making it look and feel right. I can see why Batman would be enjoying this.

Where I am in the story it has become really very gripping and to think it started so inauspiciously. Now it all makes sense and that the entire thing is meant to be a huge experience that keeps you tied in for a very long time. It literally becomes the world that you live in.

It is great. Also very interesting how things that you do have an effect later on. I killed a bloke for his debts. Didn't really mean to, but I did and his wife has become a down and out hooker and obviously I feel very bad about that. There is so much depth to it all.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I not played much this week but went on again last night. Has anyone done the Billy midnight side mission. Jesus that was tough to work out what to do. I honestly thought there was a bug as I'd just keep restarting and getting killed instantly. Had to go on YouTube in end to have it explained exactly what to do with the r2 presses. Was a relief to finally do it.

I think thats where the game falls down sometimes. Even with the tutorials it's not always clear how to do things. I still struggle with the weapon wheel at times when L1 doesn't equip something on the first attempt
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and i've just read that he has a ten round pistol that you can pick up from his body after duelling him - i missed this ffs and have missed my opportunity to get it

grrrrrrrrrr fucking grrrrrrrrrrrr etc

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been playing the online beta this week, it's pretty much the same, more challenges and tasks to complete. But as with most online games the trolls spoil it. If you think everyone is looking for a fight in the campaign mode, it's 100 times worse online. Other players are indicated by pink dots on the maps. Every time you come close to another player, you're on edge, gun pulled, waiting to see if they'll attack you. 90% of the people I played with were great and would posse up and rob together, or just go about their business. The trolls tho, would shoot you onsite, or while collect herbs, just making it a dumb experience.

The series' and events were pretty cool tho. Teaming up with others to fight other posses. Also the missions were great to complete as a group as well.

I prefer the solo campaign tho, I can fish, collect stuff, explore without hassle.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don’t think I’ll be bothering with online

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I loath the French Quarter in real life but kicking around in that early version burns the clock away. Ended up going roof top to roof top chasing some pick pocket and just when you think you've seen the entire 'City' you find something else. Night time and some indoor settings are still a massive misstep for the brand imo, same with the weapon wheel and cycling through now 11 rifles and half a dozen revolvers while being shot up in slow mo to get to the 1 you need. There has to be a way to get rid of all that unwanted hardware. Take the 2,3 you want on your back and make a cheap horse (sorry fella) gator bait? When the horse goes do you lose your saddle and gear? Have to give Rockstar credit for not sanitizing the times and some history, no 'PC' here, you walk into some of the oddest random conversations and events.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I loath the French Quarter in real life but kicking around in that early version burns the clock away. Ended up going roof top to roof top chasing some pick pocket and just when you think you've seen the entire 'City' you find something else. Night time and some indoor settings are still a massive misstep for the brand imo, same with the weapon wheel and cycling through now 11 rifles and half a dozen revolvers while being shot up in slow mo to get to the 1 you need. There has to be a way to get rid of all that unwanted hardware. Take the 2,3 you want on your back and make a cheap horse (sorry fella) gator bait? When the horse goes do you lose your saddle and gear? Have to give Rockstar credit for not sanitizing the times and some history, no 'PC' here, you walk into some of the oddest random conversations and events.
    I think if your horse dies, you can collect your saddle and gear from a stable. Although when 1 of mine died I had to collect the saddle (with gear) from where it died.

Yea the controls are still clunky. Walking back and forth trying to get lined up to pick something up, and having to get off your horse to collect herbs sucks (The Witcher 3 was the same).

And all these weapons is crazy, wheres the storage box, and the quick assign buttons for weapons and tonics etc?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reading all of this stuff kind of gives me relief that my console just crapped out and I wasted the money on this game I’m sure it’s fun, but I prefer instant gratification, it’s the way of the future.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you got TB yet?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the sound of that rooftop chase. I’ll try find it.

I can see me still being on this game in April

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Reading all of this stuff kind of gives me relief that my console just crapped out and I wasted the money on this game I’m sure it’s fun, but I prefer instant gratification, it’s the way of the future.
    Master has all the tips you need for that one.

It's a great game. Sorry that your system packed in though. Surely you can pick up a used one cheaply or something.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Have you got TB yet?
    Yes and it sucks balls. Your health depletes quicker and won't refill to the top.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, the TB thing hit me really hard. It held a mirror up to me in some ways and made me wince. A messed up chap looking for redemption, but there is no way out.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Yeah, the TB thing hit me really hard. It held a mirror up to me in some ways and made me wince. A messed up chap looking for redemption, but there is no way out.
    So I’m going to get TB am I .....

Thread Information