Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  114
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

You don't really need any cheats. Money seems to come pretty naturally. I have spent so much time with this one game, it is like a friend. I only get to interact with it a bit each day but I go to it like a cup of hot cocoa. It's pure escapism and I think I am going to be sad when it is over. I didn't really know Arthur at first and neither did he, but I see why they did it like that. You saw all those fan reviews giving it 1 out of 10 but like us had only seen the slow start and in the 'me, now' age that was not enough. But if you approach it like a well crafted novel it is perfect. Much better than GTA imo. Modernity just makes me feel a bit queasy for some reason. Great game too but this is what I prefer. I felt the same way about RDR1. I wouldn't want to visit GTA's world, but Red Dead's world I would.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they could only make a game where the character you played would say things like “great point Miles, that’s most interesting”, nobody would ever hear from you again.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be gone forever. I would love a cameo in a game. I think I would fit into one of the classier saloons making some rather awkward societal observations dressed very nicely in a jacket with nicely parted hair. You chaps would probably shoot me in the head, but I like that world.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone get stranded out in the bogs yet. Ended up on foot in 'Bluewater marsh' pitch black north of Saint denis and it's creepy as shat. Headless riders coming by falling over dead, gator ambushes and some inbred group who look like zombies stalking you into the 'camp fire' cut scenes. Found a poor dude hanging, walked up to him and immediately surrounded by 4 looney shits wielding knifes and laughing. Quicksand too.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You play the game differently to me, Spicoli. I would never think to test the quicksand properties of sand.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or mud. I have no idea. I did some wading for a mission but that was about it.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Anyone get stranded out in the bogs yet. Ended up on foot in 'Bluewater marsh' pitch black north of Saint denis and it's creepy as shat. Headless riders coming by falling over dead, gator ambushes and some inbred group who look like zombies stalking you into the 'camp fire' cut scenes. Found a poor dude hanging, walked up to him and immediately surrounded by 4 looney shits wielding knifes and laughing. Quicksand too.
    Haven't seen that part. I started the epilogue, but haven't had much time to play.

I'm not sure if there are multiple endings to the story, the way mine ended makes me think there maybe be, or it would have always played out that way anyway.

I never found money an issue, just looted everyone. Lots of robberies, the hardest thing for me was completing the bandit challenge fully. The last challenge, you have to rob 5 trains without dying. Took me ages to do, finding the trains, robbing them, fleeing, and then repeating. All the while trying not to get killed. And man f-ck cougars.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Haven't seen that part. I started the epilogue, but haven't had much time to play.

I'm not sure if there are multiple endings to the story, the way mine ended makes me think there maybe be, or it would have always played out that way anyway.

I never found money an issue, just looted everyone. Lots of robberies, the hardest thing for me was completing the bandit challenge fully. The last challenge, you have to rob 5 trains without dying. Took me ages to do, finding the trains, robbing them, fleeing, and then repeating. All the while trying not to get killed. And man f-ck cougars.
    Pretty sure I had the 'main' ending spoiled elsewhere the week of release and find myself thinking about complete restart and 'if I only knew that at the beginning' . Cougars seem surprisingly sparse on my end I've seen 2. In the first game they were all over and would pull you right off a horse and send them frantic. Weird thing..I have yet to rob a single person other than in missions or part of the plot. Yeh money was never a big deal and just now found the gold bar in the burned out Sheriffs office by the first camp. Found a massive dead Boa hanging from in a tree too? I need to rob trains and coaches.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that bog one part of a mission ??

I’ve just escaped from the O Driscolls on foot after being tortured.

Thing I may be at the end of chapter 3. Apparently there’s a UFO somewhere.....

And a shack with a strange couple in who invite you in for dinner......

Not seen cougar or panther yet. Where are they ?

Caught about half the legendary animals.

And still only kn 36% of main game.

Like Miles I’ve accepted the game for what it is now and treat it as one big movie. I moaned a lot at the start as there was a steep learning curve to get to know how to navigate just about everything. Playing is second nature now just taking forever.

On saying that I struggle with quick draw duels though only had a couple
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Pretty sure I had the 'main' ending spoiled elsewhere the week of release and find myself thinking about complete restart and 'if I only knew that at the beginning' . Cougars seem surprisingly sparse on my end I've seen 2. In the first game they were all over and would pull you right off a horse and send them frantic. Weird thing..I have yet to rob a single person other than in missions or part of the plot. Yeh money was never a big deal and just now found the gold bar in the burned out Sheriffs office by the first camp. Found a massive dead Boa hanging from in a tree too? I need to rob trains and coaches.
    Coaches are easier but you won't get as much. I think part of the bandit challenges, was to steal and fence so many wagons, so don't start until you unlock that challenge level.

Yea not as many cougars, but they startle my horse, throwing me off, by the time I draw my gun I'm already toast as it pounces on me.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else struggle shooting animals and people once they get close to you ?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Panther is just East of the Braithwaite Manor
    Cougar is West of Strawberry, just follow the road North of lake Owanjila and the Cougar will jump out and attach you

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that bog one part of a mission ??

I’ve just escaped from the O Driscolls on foot after being tortured.

Thing I may be at the end of chapter 3. Apparently there’s a UFO somewhere.....

And a shack with a strange couple in who invite you in for dinner......

Caught about half the legendary animals.

And still only kn 36% of main game.

Like Miles I’ve accepted the game for what it is now and treat it as one big movie. I moaned a lot at the start as there was a steep learning curve to get to know how to navigate just about everything. Playing is second nature now just taking forever.

On saying that I struggle with quick draw duels though only had a couple
    No bud it's swampland North of Saint Denis, 'Bayou N W A' and Bluewater Marsh on the map. It's the freakiest part I've seen. Played earlier and had some weirdo in overalls (not the cannibals) call Arthur over saying no one likes him blah blah. So like a dummy I walk up to his house and walk in with auto shotgun ready..only to have cut scene happen and this mangy swamp fella is standing over Arthur all blurry and the guy say's "It's ok my pet everything will be ok my pet" . Distorted voices, laughing and Arthur seeing blue and green trails and the screen goes black. The cut scene hits and he's sitting in a marsh, missing money and two pistols talking about how much he "aches" . Weirdest shit in the game. They literally set that scene up straight out of Deliverance .

Those swamps are danger land. Pure and simple.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You lost all your money ?!?!?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You lost all your money ?!?!?
    About $300 but went right back after waking up in a field, kicked in his door with two sawed offs and tossed a molotov in for good measure . Apparently they are called The night folk or something.

Found two bizarre cabins with what looks like long dead cult members. I had no idea how to access your special ingredient food that you cook and stow away until today. Complete game changer and beats running around eating biscuits and canned beans . Also just discovered that a Fence can use odd parts..antlers, teeth, lion paw etc to make trinkets with stat and play benefits.

Anyone else notice when you camp it doesn't position you in the same spot when waking up? Seems like he's moved 10-100 yards randomly for whatever reason.

Thread Information