Default Carl Froch match fixing scandal

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch match fixing scandal

It is a bit of a reach. To believe that Foster has stopped many a fight way to early, and more than one involving Froch, to saying rounds and results were already set and fixed, is a bit of a leap on one opponents word. People hate Froch because the guy is his own worst agent. Let's face it he probably has in place of a wine cellar, a room full of his own bottled farts, he truly does love himself that much. Doesn't mean he has fixed fights though. Never say never but there has to be more than this to qualify as a trail worth sniffing after. That said it might be worth knocking into shape and selling to the currant bun as a story, if you have REALLY good lawyers
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has been investigated for this before back in 2012 after these comments.

"I've done it more than one occasion and it was round five but that's not illegal. I can say, 'right, I'll stop this kid in round five'. If I'm good enough to do that then fair enough. I don't gamble but my brothers and my friends, they did quite well off it," he said.

"I can openly say that because if I'm good enough to step on the gas in round five and force the stoppage then that's my privilege, and that's what I did in this particular fight at the Arena for the Commonwealth title defence."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...sh-boxing-news

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

"I've done it more than one occasion and it was round five but that's not illegal. I can say, 'right, I'll stop this kid in round five'. If I'm good enough to do that then fair enough. I don't gamble but my brothers and my friends, they did quite well off it," he said.

"I can openly say that because if I'm good enough to step on the gas in round five and force the stoppage then that's my privilege, and that's what I did in this particular fight at the Arena for the Commonwealth title defence."

I agree. Both fighters have to be in agreement to stop a fight in a certain round.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

That was the first thing I was going to say when I read the first post, I don't see anything wrong with it, if he let it go an extra round then the risk is on him.
    Bit silly to come right out and say it with the reputation that boxing already has though, people were always going to jump on it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruben Groenewald who was the opponent claims in that video that he was told that Howard Foster would stop the fight in the 5th round because Frochs people had bet loads on that round.
    Who knows if it's true or not

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't have a fix unless the bookies get shafted for fortunes. If it was true the bookies would have suspended betting and made a song and dance about it. The fact they didn't means nothing was suspicious about the volume of money being gambled and nobody made "fortunes."

Froch's comments is just him showing off, he's saying - "i'm so good I could choose the round to stop my opponent." If he told his brothers and mates and they all bet on it - great!!! But a few 50/100 quid bets isn't even gonna cause a ripple. Once again if the bookies were hit for serious dough (thousands) they would have flagged it up straight away.

I knew a few pro boxers and their mates who were always saying have a few quid on round *** or i'll stop him after round *** when asked for a bet on their fights. Can't remember one ever being right.

I remember Ruben Groenewald well, he had lots of fights in Britain, duffed up Farnell a couple of times when he was all the rage.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am more concerned about judges big fights seem to be fixed Vagus sin city in particular.
    Were large amounts of money are involved and betting don't be surprised .
    Boxing still has a dirty underbelly but hell so what I still love it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Haye did it against Audley and got into trouble for saying his friends bet on that round.

If the ref is in on it then it becomes a bigger deal and he was the one that stopped the Groves fight prematurely.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

British boxing has only two Ref's that I know of: Foster and Lewison. Something has to be a problem with that!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was true - dodgy decisions are made all the time and some maybe down to corruption.
    Match fixing goes on in all sports tbh, everyone wants to make the extra bit of money.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know if it was fixed or not. More likely incompetence from Howard Foster as per.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information