Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte vs Derek Chisora confirmed at London's O2 Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I think Dillian will punch him to a standstill. The Takam win was brilliant and everyone was made up for the crazy bastard, but it flattered Del Boy no end. He was a sitting duck for the bulk of the fight and Whyte will whack harder than Takam.

I think the driving force for this pick (as it was first time around) is that Whyte deserves the win in my book, he deserves his shot, he earned it a long time ago.

I was gonna stick a score on Del Boy by KO but you've got me thinking now 🤔
    #bastard 😂

When its time to Lyle/Foreman it again is Whyte the more fresh and hungry figher?

Just watched some build up vids on youtube and both of them are doing stuff in the Gym they've not done before... Chisoras pushing the boat out but Whytes matching him 100%.

Fuck it im sticking with the old warhorse by KO 8-10 😁

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Del Boy winning the first but I think Whyte will get the win this time around.
    As has been said Chisora was losing quite handily to Takam before a spectacular KO, Whyte is the younger fresher fighter and I think we'll see that he has improved quite a bit since their first fight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Showtime have just announced they are showing this Live in the US.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    What happened to DAZN? Can't be a good sign for Eddie, first they sign up Golden Boy now they've gave this the elbow (the deal obviously fucked up). If Whyte is the front runner for Joshua in April why wouldn't DAZN want to show this?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    What happened to DAZN? Can't be a good sign for Eddie, first they sign up Golden Boy now they've gave this the elbow (the deal obviously fucked up). If Whyte is the front runner for Joshua in April why wouldn't DAZN want to show this?

I know it's a strange one not being on DAZN

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How Joshua Buatsi found salvation in boxing – and why he said no to Floyd Mayweather

Joshua Buatsi is prodding at a plain chicken breast, a paltry spoonful of rice and a few weeds of crinkly kale ahead of the penultimate spar of his training camp, apologising for chewing while talking.

“Do I enjoy it?” he asks, almost as if thinking out loud. “Yeah, I guess I must do, otherwise I wouldn’t keep fighting. How do you describe it? It’s like a feeling you can’t replicate. It’s that fight or flight… and I’m always down for the fight.”

On Saturday, the 2016 Olympic bronze medallist will walk out into a cauldron of razzmatazz at the O2 Arena when he faces Australian Renold Quinlan on the undercard of Dillian Whyte and Dereck Chisora’s heavyweight rematch. His mind, he admits, is already whirring like a VHS tape, his eyes reeling through the fight’s “millions and millions” of potential storylines, “thinking about it going wrong all the time”.

But as he picks unenthusiastically at the Tupperware box on the table, salivating over Sunday’s binge of “anything fatty”, he stops short of complaining. “I’ve been blessed from God,” he says without a speck showmanship. “I feel truly blessed. But you can’t just ask for blessings. You’ve got to do the hard work as well. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”

Buatsi thanks God for giving him the opportunity to leave behind life in Tema, a harbour city on the Bight of Benin in Ghana, to be reunited with his parents in East Croydon aged nine, before breaking off into a reminiscence about what most surprised him upon his arrival.

“I saw the animals indoors. It was like what on earth is going on?” He says with a smile which chips away at gaunt cheekbones – a testament to his weight-cut to the light-heavyweight limit. “In Ghana the pets were always outside, they were there to protect the house, but in England the dog is almost as important as you are.

“I didn’t think I would ever go to a different country as a young kid. It was a different way of life [in Ghana] but it was good there. It was a real eye-opener and I learnt not to take things for granted.”

Buatsi thanks God again for leading him back to the Pentecostal church, where he was baptised in his mid-teens, after seeing friends from the Shrublands estate in Shirley stabbed, shot and sent to prison. Boxing became the escape which could consume his idle hours, trawling thousands of YouTube tutorials to learn techniques, though he still had to approach the sport furtively. His parents had brought him to London so he could receive a better education. In Ghana, “boxing was thought of as a sport for the dumb kids,” a sport for those who didn’t have such opportunities.

Not wanting to betray that, Buatsi enrolled in a sports science degree at St Mary’s University in Twickenham. On a Monday morning he would walk to the overground station at 6:30 am, muddle lectures and training camps, trek up and down the country for sparring, before returning to home late on a Friday evening – a pattern he repeated for years while winning amateur accolades, culminating in a position on Team GB’s 2016 Olympic squad.

The bronze medal Buatsi won in Rio provided him with the springboard for the seamless start to his professional career, although it wasn’t the first photo saved to his phone.

“I just had to get a picture with him,” Buatsi says as he reconjures the image of Floyd Mayweather walking through the Olympic centre behind a wall of thickset security.

“I approached the security team and they were like nope, but the guy who was walking with Mayweather was like ‘nah, nah, let him in’.

“I was telling him that I’m Joshua Buatsi, that I’d had two fights so far in the Olympics, won by knockout in both, and then he goes ‘don’t worry, I’ve heard about you’.

“He said he’d watched a few of my fights and that he’d travelled from America just to come and see me. In my head it was like ‘mate, you’re talking absolute rubbish. You didn’t come here just to watch me,’ but it was still an amazing experience.”

However, Buatsi rebuffed Mayweather’s attempts to sign him to a promotional contract. Instead, in keeping with his mum’s wishes, as well as not to waste two years of student loans, he returned to Twickenham to finish his degree, graduating with a 2:1 eleven months later.

In the swift year and a half since turning professional, after eventually settling on signing with Eddie Hearn, the 25-year-old has never surpassed second gear in any of his eight fights – his last two contests coming to a close before the end of the first round. In truth, this is just supposed to be the jolly before Buatsi’s world championship run.

But as his mind drifts back to the fight’s possible playbook, replaying each disastrous outcome capable of being envisaged, there’s that same primal pleasure of putting himself in danger which he relishes.

“People say that boxers are modern day gladiators,” Buatsi says, eyeing up the last morsels of his lunch. “I can only see the opponent in front of me. The bottom line is I’m going to fight. Whether there’s a crowd or there’s no crowd the fight is still going to happen, and I still need to win. That’s the mentality. There’s no other feeling like it.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jos...122315415.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buatsi is near the top of the Lhw division. Already, this fellow is going be good, hopefully he gets less mismatches v eastern europeans on short notice though.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Chisora brings up Whytes "Anal Beads" necklace that he sometimes wears .... Whytes response is hillarious. 😂👌🏼

19.50 on video below

https://youtu.be/qColeEvvNzc

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When there's a big Heavyweight fight my missus always bets on the 8th round (usually on AJ) shes stuck ÂŁ5 on Whyte in the 8th at 20-1 and the same on Chisora at 50-1.
    Cracking odds and i strongly fancy Chisora to stop Whyte around about that point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What shape is Chisora looking in now? Was Haye still in his training camp?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha. Chisora does look in good shape too. I’m looking forward to this one, kind of expect it can’t/won’t live up to the first though. That was the kind of fight that puts a lot of wear on anyone, and frankly both of them would need to be better, and fight smarter to have a chance at sticking around. Think it’s mainly down to whether Whyte can box better and show improvement, we pretty much know what Chisora brings. Hopefully they just match up in a way that a war is inevitable, just saying it wont bode well for either long term.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora looks in career-best shape to me.

Also had a thin layer of oil on him, so the David Haye influence is clearly taking hold (I'm not joking).
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should merge the Frampton v Warrington thread with this one, make it easier for the fools like me who are flicking between both cards

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just flicked over and caught the last minute of the last round here, looks like it was a good scrap, I reckon I'm just gunna stick with the Sky card for a bit, otherwise I'm not going to see an entire fight because I'll just be switching between both cards.

Plus I wanna see how Anna is looking

Thread Information