Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default They're talking GGG-Brant now

"Sanchez says Gennady Golovkin vs. Rob Brant possible for early 2019"

Thoughts? GGG haters will shoot holes in this, but is this really so objectionable? GGG after all, was slated to meet Murata in Japan... only Brant got to him first. So now they're targeting the guy who beat Murata. Seems fair to me. Meanwhile, let's not forget Canelo going up to 168 to meet the feared Fielding. The article also talks about a possible timeline for GGG-Canelo III (if it happens) by Sept 2019. I personally have no interest in seeing this again. GGG will be what.... 37 1/2? Ancient for a middleweight, especially one with GGG's miles on his odometer. The only way I'd even consider being interested in the trilogy would be if it happened out of Vegas/Texas/Mexico/California. MSG would be acceptable. With judges NOT appointed by the WBC. Still.... GGG runs the risk of finally hitting the wall..... and Canelo would be vindicated for life.... saying he knew he won all 3 fights all along. Now THAT would be a frigging nightmare. No. I'd rather Canelo earn his DAZN millions the hard way, taking on real competition at either 160 or 168. But as far as GGG taking on Brant next, I got no problem with that.

Last edited by Fenster; 11-03-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: They're talking GGG-Brant now

GGG should either try to fight Charlo , Jacobs or Andrade . If none of these can be made , he should fucking retire.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes perfect sense for any top middleweight to fight Brant, who proved himself a top middleweight.

Personally I think Golovkin is slipping a little (naturally with age) but the way some are writing him off is silly. He's still favourite over everyone at 160.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    GGG should either try to fight Charlo , Jacobs or Andrade . If none of these can be made , he should fucking retire.

Why? Maybe just playing devil's advocate but why? Other than having fought the undersized Brook, and his insistence of fighting Canelo again in VEGAS, I see nothing wrong with his record. Why does GGG have to fight one of three fighters of our choosing right now? It seems a different bar than we hold for other fighters. I wish other 160-pounders were held to the same strict conditions. Fight X, Y, or Z right NOW, or retire! Just seems rather double-standardish. Not trying to yank your chain, but GGG gets a lot of hate that should be reserved for those who REALLY do the blatant ducking.

Reasons have been given as to why GGG and Charlo haven't met yet. Charlo is a relative newcomer to middleweight, but the bandwagon wants GGG to fight him NOW. What's the huge hurry and why is GGG the chosen one? All I know is I'd like to see the same level of indignity poured on any other 160 who prances around picking and choosing.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Why? Maybe just playing devil's advocate but why? Other than having fought the undersized Brook, and his insistence of fighting Canelo again in VEGAS, I see nothing wrong with his record. Why does GGG have to fight one of three fighters of our choosing right now? It seems a different bar than we hold for other fighters. I wish other 160-pounders were held to the same strict conditions. Fight X, Y, or Z right NOW, or retire! Just seems rather double-standardish. Not trying to yank your chain, but GGG gets a lot of hate that should be reserved for those who REALLY do the blatant ducking.

Reasons have been given as to why GGG and Charlo haven't met yet. Charlo is a relative newcomer to middleweight, but the bandwagon wants GGG to fight him NOW. What's the huge hurry and why is GGG the chosen one? All I know is I'd like to see the same level of indignity poured on any other 160 who prances around picking and choosing.
    I never said anything was wrong with his record. but at his age , only meaningful fights should happen. Brant is a champion, so OK that counts , no problem.
    But after years of saying he wanted all the belts at MW before doing anything else , he backtracked completely and fought Canelo (who had fuck all belts) for the dollar signs lighting up in his eyes. that's ok , but when you sell your soul to the devil , don't go bleating about it afterwards when it doesn't go your way.
    I had no problem with either decision personally, but he knew he wouldn't get a fair shake in Vegas and still signed up ......TWICE!
    now they talk about "for the right fight he could go SMW, and that could be Smith." well when Ward wanted him , I was all on GGG's side because it didn't make sense giving up all that size to a class boxer like Ward. But Smith is fucking bigger, a lot bigger, and all of a sudden , they would think about it.
    if that's not cherry picking, I don't know what is.
    GGG may have earned big money in the last couple of years, but in my opinion , at a cost to his legacy. you can't have it all.
    my big problem is that whoever he fights, whoever he beats, it's all with a view to getting Canelo again, and all I see there is another fight that delays the division moving forward. That should not be his priority.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

btw, I don't hate GGG, far from it. But I am disappointed with the way his career has gone and the people around him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not that I’m saying that GGG ducked fighters throughout his reign, but he has more legitimate fights to be made now since the division is getting deeper. That’s why I want him to fight the top tier guys instead of someone like Brant. I get that the fight makes some sense, but if he fights Brant, he will probably never fight Charlo, Andrade, BJS, or Jacobs (rematch) because of age.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murata was okay because he brought money, not because he was good. Now Brant is okay because he beat Murata. And people don’t see what’s wrong. It’s astounding what people will close their eyes to for this guy. Reminds me of when they built up Gabe Rosado, or the next guy or the next guy or.

It will never stop, every possible opponent is okay because of whatever reason they say now.

It’s fine. But some of us get the chance to sit back and say “this guys career is a disappointment not because he is a bad fight but because of all the weak opponents he chose and the constant double talk”

I can’t think of any fighter who more consistently disappointed me than Gennady Golovkin. Not being remotely sarcastic. He truly is the greatest disappointment I can think of in terms of ability vs what he did with his ability.

Rob Brant, SMDH, I joked about this sarcastically and now here it is. Never stop lowering the bar. Errol Spence’s 2nd best sparring partner is being discussed as Gennady Golovkin’s next opponent and it’s cool with people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lmao HUH hate brigade out in full force today

Now thats just silly lmao

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    Lmao HUH hate brigade out in full force today

Now thats just silly lmao
    Ok. It’s silly, whatever. I later said Brant is now a champ, so that’s ok. But if it’s not Brant and all the above are silly, go on then, amuse me, who do you think he should fight? And who do you think is acceptable?

El Kabong Guest

btw, I don't hate GGG, far from it. But I am disappointed with the way his career has gone and the people around him.
    There's guys for him to fight, he needs to forget making a legacy as a champion right now and focus on legacy as a fighter....PLENTY of people for him to fight, don't know if he'll buzzsaw through them though being older and more battleworn.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You haven’t caught on Primo? Whoever they suggest is acceptable. All we know for sure is it won’t be someone we want. It will just suddenly be good enough.

Watch,,,,,

Who here called for a Brant fight 3 weeks ago? Who had it in their top 5 most wanted? Who would even say it was in their top 10 most wanted?

Somehow it’s hate to want this guy to realize his potential. Boxing fans have lost their way. Take ODLH, I was a hater because I didn’t think he was as good as everyone said. Really f’n good but not as good as thought. But I recognize dude took on a who’s who in the sport. This guy that should be lauded by fans of the sport is called fishnets more often than Oscar. As if his undergarments are more important than consistently fighting the best. It’s completely warped. We boxing fans are broken

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Somehow it’s hate to want this guy to realize his potential. Boxing fans have lost their way. Take ODLH, I was a hater because I didn’t think he was as good as everyone said. Really f’n good but not as good as thought. But I recognize dude took on a who’s who in the sport. This guy that should be lauded by fans of the sport is called fishnets more often than Oscar. As if his undergarments are more important than consistently fighting the best. It’s completely warped. We boxing fans are broken
    As a promoter, the guy who was going to "change the game" he's been a real piece of shit.

I don't call the guy anything other than Oscar...I think he got shafted by the judges a couple times in his career in big fights, and as a promoter he's seen fit to job others in big fights.....kinda shitty.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    As a promoter, the guy who was going to "change the game" he's been a real piece of shit.

I don't call the guy anything other than Oscar...I think he got shafted by the judges a couple times in his career in big fights, and as a promoter he's seen fit to job others in big fights.....kinda shitty.

Nail on head right there. He was prematurely seen as the savior of boxing from the evil promoters King and Arum. New blood for the promoting part of the sport. And all he's done is drive it completely into the toilet. I could care less if he wears fishnets, mascara, has a fetish for kitchen utensils.... whatever. In his private life he can do what he chooses. But he's been a woeful disappointment as a promoter and all the promise to "change the game" has gone down the same toilet. F*ck 'im.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Nail on head right there. He was prematurely seen as the savior of boxing from the evil promoters King and Arum. New blood for the promoting part of the sport. And all he's done is drive it completely into the toilet. I could care less if he wears fishnets, mascara, has a fetish for kitchen utensils.... whatever. In his private life he can do what he chooses. But he's been a woeful disappointment as a promoter and all the promise to "change the game" has gone down the same toilet. F*ck 'im.
    Fair enough. I don’t even think about him as a promoter because there is nothing worthy of thinking about.

Thread Information