Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showtime Team: Time to hit the mute button.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Showtime Team: Time to hit the mute button.

“Watching on TV all the ShowTime crew were giving every round but 1 to Fury until the 9th round knockdown and then only gave the 12th to Wilder. Thus according to them Fury won 9 rounds at 10-9 and Wilder won 3 rounds 10-8 X2 and a 10-9. However, I think Wilder could have been given several other rounds. The crew fell into “group think” and confirmation bias and didn’t realize some rounds could have reasonably gone either way. They probably dragged listeners with them. This is the problem with all boxing announcers in this day and age. They make observations and spend so much time agreeing with each other that they selectively “see” what they “say”.

Time to go "mute"

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime Team: Time to hit the mute button.

How many rounds do you think Wilder won?
    Yeah , maybe they could’ve given some rounds to Wilder, but are we looking at ways to give Wilder rounds?
    I have to admit , before watching the fight , I thought there’s no way that it could be so definitively Fury’s , so I looked to give Wilder the 1st. Then after that , I just thought “Fuck it, he has to actually win these rounds !”
    All a Boxer has to do is win the round. He does that in most of the rounds, he wins. Even if the other won rounds more convincingly.
    Even Being generous to Wilder , I could give him the 2 10/8 rounds and tops 2 more rounds, maybe even sharing them.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 12-03-2018 at 05:51 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree 100%. In fact, Paulie was getting me a bit sick with his assertions that Fury was constantly connecting with the jab in the first few rounds. I agree that Fury dominated the last half of the fight save for those two rounds in which he was dropped..... but I saw a lot of missed jabs by Fury in the first half. I'm gonna rewatch the fight in mute first chance I get, and I'll reach my own conclusions. I have no problems with Fury having won the fight.... but listening to these clowns sure throws a huge bias factor in there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm ok with the 113-113 car (UK Judge I believe). I can get to 113.I am fine with the draw but Fury's performance was fantastic all things considered. How he got up s mindboggling.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did farhoud score or is he HBO I forget, his scores are usually reliable I find

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Farhood had it 115-112 Fury, not totally certain though. Usually in rounds that can go either way I go for the busier fighter who is controlling the real estate, doing as he pleases when he pleases so to speak. At the very best I can see Wilder maybe winning 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree to an extent. I feel like they were being a bit too harsh on Wilder but let’s be honest, Wilder was getting very frustrated and losing most of the round. I gave Wilder the first two rounds then only gave him the knockdown rounds after that. There may have been another round in there that could have gone to Wilder.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m watching it tonight u guys got me very interested

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just rewatched it and for sure the commentary was off. Early rounds were rounds Wilder could have been given and he stepped it up after the half way mark and of course got the 2 10-8's. Fury won more rounds and boxed better, but Wilder used his own strength to make a draw a fair result. You cannot keep going down and not end up with a close fight unless you win the other 10rounds clearly and Fury fid not do that.

I think many are going overboard on Fury and that Wilder is being writtrn off too easily also. He is still champ.and now knows what Fury is now. He knows the KD's will come. He needs to polish up the work getting there and I think he can do a lot better himself. Maybe that was the best Fury. Maybe that was not the best Wilder.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I agree to an extent. I feel like they were being a bit too harsh on Wilder but let’s be honest, Wilder was getting very frustrated and losing most of the round. I gave Wilder the first two rounds then only gave him the knockdown rounds after that. There may have been another round in there that could have gone to Wilder.

I belive that would have given Wilder the fight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I just rewatched it and for sure the commentary was off. Early rounds were rounds Wilder could have been given and he stepped it up after the half way mark and of course got the 2 10-8's. Fury won more rounds and boxed better, but Wilder used his own strength to make a draw a fair result. You cannot keep going down and not end up with a close fight unless you win the other 10rounds clearly and Fury fid not do that.

I think many are going overboard on Fury and that Wilder is being writtrn off too easily also. He is still champ.and now knows what Fury is now. He knows the KD's will come. He needs to polish up the work getting there and I think he can do a lot better himself. Maybe that was the best Fury. Maybe that was not the best Wilder.

greastuff

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Their commentary was superb, between Paulie and Al they perfectly explained the subtle skills differences which allowed one man to dictate another, people could have been fooled into thinking Fury wasn't making Wilder constantly miss and hesitant.

Some fans never gave Mayweather any credit for making fighters miss either. Subtle skill is not easy for casual fans to pick up.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    but Wilder used his own strength to make a draw a fair result. You cannot keep going down and not end up with a close fight unless you win the other 10rounds clearly and Fury fid not do that.
    I don't disagree with that, I don't think it is the actual result that is the problem but the judges score cards, what was one of them 115 - 110 to Wilder? That is when people get pissed off.

I said to my mate that you don't go away from home get dropped twice and expect a runaway win on the cards but to suggest that Wilder was up on the cards without the knockdowns is a wee bit silly if you ask me.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Their commentary was superb, between Paulie and Al they perfectly explained the subtle skills differences which allowed one man to dictate another, people could have been fooled into thinking Fury wasn't making Wilder constantly miss and hesitant.

Some fans never gave Mayweather any credit for making fighters miss either. Subtle skill is not easy for casual fans to pick up.
    It was nice to hear Floyd knew what he was seeing also, I thought. I can understand anyone giving wilder one or even both of the first two rounds. I don't agree, but they were tepid feel out rounds where wilder might have got a reaction with his windmills that almost landed to close them. After that, I don't think you can give wilder a round aside from the 9th or 12th. With all the people saying "wilder could have been given another round or two", it's telling they don't suggest which those would be. The knockdowns made scoring it close a fair result, so all of a sudden it becomes, if you just score another couple rounds like you're Helen Keller, it's a draw.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there was one round where Wilder landed no more than a couple of shots and the end punch stats how a difference of 13 landed shots then I struggle to see a complete Fury dominance outside of the KD rounds where he came back well both times. It clearly could not have been. I think it was pretty close. I have never said I think Wilder did enough to win but merely assert that the 113-113 card does at least make sense.

Thread Information