Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
My reason for starting this thread was not to solicit comment on the 'new' Wilder/Fury/Joshua trilogy, there are plenty of other threads for that, it was to highlight the shameful judging of the fight, 19 years after Lennox was robbed in New York. This situation in the US cannot be allowed to carry on, the way interest is increasing in Europe, and decreasing in the US, means that potentially Euro bookmakers could appoint their own 'official' judges to adjudicate US based fights that involve Europeans. Serious amounts of money have just been robbed from Euro punters, courtesy of corrupt US appointed judges. I'm sure our larger bookmakers will not continue to accept this and appoint their own' respected household name' unofficial arbiters when our fighters go to the US.
No doubt that the one judge got it wrong , and the other (a Brit) gave a draw which he can get away with (not how I saw it btw.) and it happens in the States. But it happens in the UK as well. Some of the decisions and judges cards I've seen over here have been just as bad, sometimes worse.
So you can't make it out to be a US thing.
I think the judges need to be more accountable after the fight, after all they do get paid for doing this, so they should be sat down with and go through the fight and show how/why they've scored it as they have. if they can't justify it, they take the consequences, they don't get to do it again.
Good call about the judges being held accountable.

Something definitely needs to be done in that respect.