Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Khan 20/4/2019 BT Sport Radio 5 Live

Guys, put yourself in his shoes for a second. He wasnt capable of winning the fight, and has perhaps one or two more chances of getting a nice payday, which would have been diminished if he decided to continue and inevitAbly get knocked out. Quitting is when you dont do what you can to win.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Guys, put yourself in his shoes for a second. He wasnt capable of winning the fight, and has perhaps one or two more chances of getting a nice payday, which would have been diminished if he decided to continue and inevitAbly get knocked out. Quitting is when you dont do what you can to win.
    So you’re saying he quit then? Ok, well why doesn’t HE say that ?
    The only reason people talk about it so much is because he lies and contradicts himself every 10 seconds and he had the bare faced cheek to criticise Brook for quitting when he had a fractured eye socket.
    And we’re supposed to be on board with him saving himself for “one or two nice paydays”? Why should he get these paydays, he is no longer good enough!
    The guy should retire, although nobody can tell somebody when they have had enough, so if he insists on carrying on , he should fight for what he is worth, which is a lot less than he thinks he is worth.
    If I buy a fucking dozen eggs and they’re past their sell by date, I don’t expect to pay top dollar for them. What’s the difference?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    The only reason people talk about it so much is because he lies and contradicts himself every 10 seconds and he had the bare faced cheek to criticise Brook for quitting when he had a fractured eye socket.
    And we’re supposed to be on board with him saving himself for “one or two nice paydays”? Why should he get these paydays, he is no longer good enough!
    The guy should retire, although nobody can tell somebody when they have had enough, so if he insists on carrying on , he should fight for what he is worth, which is a lot less than he thinks he is worth.
    If I buy a fucking dozen eggs and they’re past their sell by date, I don’t expect to pay top dollar for them. What’s the difference?
    It seems like you are a lot more emotionally invested than I am....I was only saying he made the best career move for himself, nothing more, as I dont care about him whatsoever. If you bought a “fucking”dozen eggs, I would make grill some tomatoes to go with them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Khan gets a payday because he has a fan base that the main reason Crawford fought him because there not whole a lot of people who bring in money at the moment which is a problem right now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've only just watched the fight, and I thought Crawford was superb.

To be fair to Khan, he has always had excellent hand speed and good technique (though some mistakes have crept in as he has got older) .... but Crawford consistently outboxed him.

Crawford's balance was exceptional, it allowed him economy of movement and also he was able to throw shorter punches than Khan, which took away Amir's speed advantage. Crawford looked like an Old School pro from the past in there.

He got Khan worried about his power in the first round, and from then on it was Khan who was uncomfortable and boxing at his opponents rhythmn. That always makes you more tired and I thought Khan was effectively finished by the 5th round.

It was definitely a low blow that ended it, but I didn't think it was intentional. Anyway, Crawford had won every minute of the fight up to then.

The finish was weird. Khan had 5 minutes to recover, but he didn't take hardly any of it. It looked to me like he told his corner at least three times "No" and "finish" ...... and they clearly weren't planning that as they didn't hear him the first few times. The referee looked incredulous too, saying ""What?" as if he couldn't believe his ears.

Khan is a brave fighter, look at his kamikaze methods in the past and his reactions when he gets hurt. It was strange and I can only conclude that he wasn't thinking straight in the heat of the moment. He wasn't going to win the fight, and was most likely going to get the shit beaten out of him and humiliated, so subconsciously he bailed out. Strange, but it does tarnish him as a future big name.

We are looking at the tail end of Khan's career now. I would think he wants a big Brook fight (though he doesn't deserve it, and it is essentially a pension fight for them both), and then he will get fed to some up and coming prospect to finish off his career.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    It seems like you are a lot more emotionally invested than I am....I was only saying he made the best career move for himself, nothing more, as I dont care about him whatsoever. If you bought a “fucking”dozen eggs, I would make grill some tomatoes to go with them.
    Mate, I’m not “emotionally invested” in Khan. It’s not specifically about him. It’s about the fact that fans can be accepting of someone possibly giving up so that he can have one or two MORE paydays.
    What makes them deserving of this?
    In life, you and I and most people have to work their bollocks off to get everything we get. What makes Khan or anyone different to that?
    Why should we churn out dough for failure, because in recent times , that is what his career is.
    And just to prove it’s not about Khan or any Single Boxer in particular, I’ll give you another example.
    GGG signs for the biggest paydays of his life to fight one of his weakest oppponents in recent times, and I read the other day that he would like to fight at 164 Lbs in this fight so he felt “comfortable”.
    The cunt can’t even be bothered to make weight, but we’re supposed to accept this.
    Oh well , whatever makes you happy I suppose.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Well Khan gets a payday because he has a fan base that the main reason Crawford fought him because there not whole a lot of people who bring in money at the moment which is a problem right now.
    Hhmm, must be the same fans David Haye had. Boy they sure are loyal!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Hhmm, must be the same fans David Haye had. Boy they sure are loyal!
    The thing is he is a fun fighter to watch because either his speed ends the other guy or he crashes and burns. Crawford out of his league but if wants paydays he needs fighters that have a following so what can you do.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan is letting skills deteriorate, says his trainer Virgil Hunter

Amir Khan does not do enough training between fights and is letting his skills deteriorate, says the British boxer's trainer Virgil Hunter.

Khan, 32, lost to WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford in April when his corner controversially pulled him out after he received a low blow.

Crawford questioned whether the former world champion had "quit".

Asked if he would like Khan to retire, Hunter told BBC Sport he would give his fighter "the benefit of the doubt".

Hunter added: "I would like to see him commit to many training camps in between fights and to work on his weaknesses before he makes that final decision to really see if his skills are gone, or if he is just letting them lay in a pile and deteriorate slowly.

"He never has practice in between fights. He trains hard for 10 weeks but it's not enough."

Khan now has 33 wins and five defeats on a professional record spanning 14 years.

The 2004 Olympic silver medallist last held world titles in 2011, after overcoming stellar names such as Zab Judah, Marcos Maidana and Paulie Malignaggi as he became unified light-welterweight champion.

But after defeat at middleweight by Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in 2016, Khan took 23 months away from competition and since returning had picked up two wins before his defeat by Crawford.

Following the loss to the talented American, 5 Live boxing analyst Steve Bunce praised Khan's heart but said he at times looked "awkward" and "should retire now".

"There's little things that he does that cause him to be out of sync," added Hunter.

"His timing is off. His distance is not where it should be. He doesn't have a sense of range and distance and those things are not due to age. That's from practice.

"His hand speed is still there but his sense of distance and range is not there and that's what he needs to work on."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48378520
    Last edited by Master; 05-25-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan 'set to take on MMA fighter in exhibition bout worth £7m'

Khan was beaten by world champion Crawford last month when he quit after failing to recover from a low blow

Amir Khan will reportedly net £7million from a boxing fight against a mixed martial artist.

The former world champion boxer was beaten by current king Terence Crawford last month.

Khan quit in the sixth round of his title challenge when he was caught with a low blow.

He opted not to take the full five minutes he was allowed in order to recover and his corner threw in the towel.

The report adds that the fight will be a boxing bout but with no judges or scorecard.

It will be similar to the one Floyd Mayweather took part in when he stopped kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in the first round in January.

An announcement is reportedly set for early next week.

Khan has long accepted he is coming to the end of his career and still has the option of fighting domestic rival Kell Brook.

But he appears set to take the easy money from this exhibition.

After losing to Crawford, Khan said: “I don’t want to end my career like that, I definitely don't.

"I want to spend time with family now and then see. But I’m 32 and I think I have a lot more in me. I love the sport like I always have.

“It’s not my last fight. No, not at all. Definitely man, you’ll see me again.”

Khan, now 32, insists he could still land another world title shot.

He added: “I will always have world title fights. I will always have opportunities to fight for world titles, so yeah, I think that will always be there.

“The Brook fight is always going to be there and I think it’ll still be there. I really believe that fight is there."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...e-mma-16219680
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information