Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Khan 20/4/2019 BT Sport Radio 5 Live

I agree with Khan

He didn't quit, no one can quite say why the fight was stopped, it is just one of life's mysteries, having said that Crawford was clearly throwing low blows throughout the fight and blatantly should have been disqualified.

Khans stock has risen so much that he will have Mayweather banging on his door screaming for a fight because he can see that Khan is a true warrior who deserves a shot.

Give me a fucking break

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m sure he was peeing blood because of the ONE low blow and not the huge body shots he was taking

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reacting to a post..............

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I agree with Khan (shocked)

He didn't quit, no one can quite say why the fight was stopped, it is just one of life's mysteries, having said that Crawford was clearly throwing low blows throughout the fight (starting to detect the sarcasm) and blatantly should have been disqualified.

Khans stock has risen so much that he will have Mayweather banging on his door screaming for a fight (totally on board with the irony) because he can see that Khan is a true warrior who deserves a shot.

Give me a fucking break

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He went into the fight with 2 chances, as they say, slim and none, but slim just left town. I cannot for the life of me see why he is getting top ppv fights in the US? Can somebody explain? I'm not sure that if he ever fought brook in the uk it would rate ppv, am I missing something?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    He went into the fight with 2 chances, as they say, slim and none, but slim just left town. I cannot for the life of me see why he is getting top ppv fights in the US? Can somebody explain? I'm not sure that if he ever fought brook in the uk it would rate ppv, am I missing something?
    I think it's basically because he's a charismatic well traveled but easy mark on the skids and Crawford is in deep need of notable opposition. Barring Crawford v Spence or another Haymon title holder this should never approach ppv but Arum is greedy like that. Khan has run out of wishful thinking and recyclability dates and is now just desperately making it up as he goes. Sad thing is some may buy it, he'll get another top bill and he'll be torched again. Maybe that's not sad depending on where you sit .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think it's basically because he's a charismatic well traveled but easy mark on the skids and Crawford is in deep need of notable opposition. Barring Crawford v Spence or another Haymon title holder this should never approach ppv but Arum is greedy like that. Khan has run out of wishful thinking and recyclability dates and is now just desperately making it up as he goes. Sad thing is some may buy it, he'll get another top bill and he'll be torched again. Maybe that's not sad depending on where you sit .
    Charismatic? Not a word I would ever use for Amir Khan. Elvis was charismatic. Ali was charismatic. Monroe was charismatic. Khan on the other hand is what is known as a plonker. He was entertaining in his time though and had a fun style. Plenty of punches thrown and a million wobbles taken in return. He's done as he has slowed and unlike someone like Manny doesn't have an all round game or a chin. A gatekeeper now for up and comers to have a go at. Should probably retire. No idea why Crawford keeps fighting these kinds of fights. About time the WW's started fighting one another.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair to Khan though, I think he will fight anyone. However, the Canelo fight was quite silly and sadistic. I will give him a pass on this one as he looked injured and didn't take the low blow well. But he didn't look great. I don't think Crawford is all he is being hyped as either. He is feasting on Horn's and Khan's for a reason. The oven will be hot.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Charismatic? Not a word I would ever use for Amir Khan. Elvis was charismatic. Ali was charismatic. Monroe was charismatic. Khan on the other hand is what is known as a plonker. He was entertaining in his time though and had a fun style. Plenty of punches thrown and a million wobbles taken in return. He's done as he has slowed and unlike someone like Manny doesn't have an all round game or a chin. A gatekeeper now for up and comers to have a go at. Should probably retire. No idea why Crawford keeps fighting these kinds of fights. About time the WW's started fighting one another.
    Charismatic as in known and surpassing his shortcomings. He's a work and can talk it up and in a way the best Crawford could do with a knee deep 147 division. Plonker is an apt title too.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan just talks utter shit at times. He stopped and quit. He needs to fight Kell Brook and retire.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Khan just talks utter shit at times. He stopped and quit. He needs to fight Kell Brook and retire.
    Not gunna happen, Brook has come out and said that he has his eye on Crawford now

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last post on this one, https://twitter.com/i/status/1119998084384268294

Interviewer: what happened when you went back to the corner, what did the referee say to you
    Khan: he said I'm gunna stop the fight, I said, nah I don't wanna stop the fight and he said 'I'm gunna give you 5 minutes' and then I could feel it getting worse
    Interviewer: Why didn't you take the full 5 minutes
    Khan: I didn't know I had 5 minutes to be honest with you, I didn't know I had 5 minutes, if I had knows I would have taken the full 5 minutes to be honest with you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I hope Crawford can fight Spencer next I guess that pretty much all he has right now not sure Pac going to fight him. Hope Crawford talent not wasted he is best boxer in the world right now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interviewer: what happened when you went back to the corner, what did the referee say to you
    Khan: he said I'm gunna stop the fight, I said, nah I don't wanna stop the fight and he said 'I'm gunna give you 5 minutes' and then I could feel it getting worse
    Khan: I didn't know I had 5 minutes to be honest with you, I didn't know I had 5 minutes, if I had knows I would have taken the full 5 minutes to be honest with you
    Thick lying bastard, just now relying on media money, wether its wife leaving stories in the Sun, get me up the jungle, or big brother is irrelevant, as is his boxing prowess.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You ask a 7th grade girl who's not a boxing fan how long a fighter gets for a low blow, and she'll probably answer 5 minutes.

Khan's a professional boxer. But maybe his brain is in his groin area and got momentarily scrambled by the low blow. It's the only explanation other than he's entirely full of shit.

Thread Information