Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kell Brook vs Zerafa Kell Brooks Sky Sports 8/12/18

Brook vs Zerafa: Kell Brook can easily make 147lbs for 2019 fights, says Sheffield star's new trainer
    Fewkes will corner Brook for the first time this Saturday, live on Sky Sports from 7pm.

Kell Brook will easily make the welterweight limit for a fight in early 2019 if need be but has to firstly show his class against "banana skin" Michael Zerafa, says John Fewkes.

Brook takes on Australia's Zerafa this Saturday in what could be his last Sheffield appearance, live on Sky Sports, hoping to finally set up a long-awaited clash with rival Amir Khan.

Fewkes, a former amateur rival of Brook's, has closely overseen 'The Special One's preparation ahead of their first fight together and the Sheffield trainer says his man, if victorious, will have no problem boiling down to welterweight early next year if he needs to.

Khan has been linked with a fight against pound-for-pound star Terence Crawford, but Fewkes, now successfully running his own Sheffield gym having retired from boxing in 2014, told Sky Sports' Toe 2 Toe podcast he hopes the all-British showdown can be made.

"The Khan fight has to happen, everyone in this country needs that fight to happen," he said.

"I know Kell wants it badly, it's just down to Amir or his people, or whoever is needed to make this happen. If it doesn't happen it'd be a tragedy.

"Honestly, I didn't know if Kell would be able to boil down to welterweight, he's massive for 147 and I thought 'will he struggle?'

"Having been in camp, I don't think he'll struggle at all, he just has to box Zerafa and then get straight back in the gym, be professional and stick to a certain food regime.

"He will make 147lbs easily if he stays on it."

Fewkes, 33-years old, says their newly-formed partnership is a "perfect fit" and is confident Brook, with a new lease of life, will shine against Zerafa under the Sheffield Arena lights.

"It was a surprise when Kell rang me to ask if I would I be interested in going out and working with him, but I jumped at the chance and I can't believe how well it has gone - it's worked brilliantly and is a perfect fit," 'Fireball' continued.

"We're the same generation of boxers, boxed each other in the amateurs on three occasions, and have known each other for a long time. We turned pro on the same card, climbing through the ranks together and have stayed friends. I've watched every fight and seen him grow, it has just felt right.

"It's been about adapting rather than changing and I've added a few extra tools, passing on some knowledge, things I thought could make Kell even better and it's been a dream, he's next level.

"How close he is to the weight already, how much he is pushing himself, how he is getting up so early to go gym, he's trained hard and made my job easy. Everyone that knows Kell has said how happy he is.

"People will see the best Kell Brook that they've seen for a long time and in the future, he'll be better than ever.

"Zerafa is a banana skin, he's top 10 and this is his world title fight, a win changes his entire life. We have to win and look good doing so, the big fights are out the window if not. All the world will be watching, we have to put on a show."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...rs-new-trainer
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brook vs Zerafa Kell Brooks Sky Sports 8/12/18

Who is Michael Zerafa, what is his fight record and when does he fight Kell Brook?

The British boxer will step into the ring in Sheffield with a relatively unknown fighter - but will hope Zerafa's record outside of his own country continues

KELL BROOK will step into the ring with relatively unknown Michael Zerafa in the WBA world super-welterweight title eliminator.

The British boxer will look to see off his latest opponent, with a view to take on Amir Khan next.

The Australian was born March 25, 1992 - that's makes him 26.

He is also half-Maltese on his father's side.

With the nickname of 'Pretty Boy' Zerafa has often had to remind fans that he is a boxer and not a stripper, having previously been spotted in the famous Chippendales attire of no shirt and a bowtie.

Zerafa started out in the paid ranks at quite a young age, kicking off his pro career just a week before his 19th birthday.

Since then, the Aussie has amassed 25 wins and two defeats in the ring - but his record outside of his home country will please his next fighter, Kell Brook.

Zerafa has fought outside of Australia, losing on both occasions, first in Moscow before his Stateside debut saw him left knocked out.

Bu he has since claimed regional titles, including holding the WBA Oceania super welterweight belt.

Brook will take on Zerafa, aka Pretty Boy, on Saturday, December 8.

The fight will be held at the FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield - the Brit's hometown.

The bout is a WBA world super welterweight title eliminator with Jarret Hurd currently the WBA Super champion and Michel Soro holding the regular belt.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/78978...rd-kell-brook/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question, do we pretend Michel Soro is the WBA champion? I get confused about when we pretend and when we acknowledge the real champion

Question 2, how many knew who Michel Soro was before that piece?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Question, do we pretend Michel Soro is the WBA champion? I get confused about when we pretend and when we acknowledge the real champion

Question 2, how many knew who Michel Soro was before that piece?

Soro is a quality fighter, i've seen him several times scoring upset knockouts, shame Brook isn't fighting him, however, he's not even the regular champion that's Brian Carlos Castano who recently beat Soro.

That copy and paste is from a silly British rag paper not a boxing publication
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worth a short bet on the underdog if the odds are way off, stranger things have happened, Michael is a tough lad and a top bloke, does a lot of good in society ,this is just another life mission for him, he will go to war if he can. I do wonder if his beard is thick enough though at the elite level.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook attacks ‘con man’ Amir Khan ahead of Michael Zerafa showdown

Kell Brook has launched a verbal attack on Amir Khan as he prepares for Saturday’s super-welterweight fight against Australian Michael Zerafa.

Yorkshireman Brook is frustrated at what he sees as Khan’s reluctance for a showdown between them to take place.

And he vented his feelings during a press conference in Sheffield ahead of a final eliminator for the WBA super-welterweight world title this weekend.

Instead of facing Brook, Khan has now been linked to taking on Terence Crawford – much to Brook’s annoyance.

“I’m doing everything I can for the fans, he has turned his back on them. Everyone knows it’s him that is running off,” Brook said, in comments reported by Sky Sports’ official website.

“Amir Khan is a con man, they should call him Amir ‘con’. This is his last big fight under Matchroom, and I thought it was nailed on.

“He shook my hand and looked me dead in the eye and said we would fight next. What can I do? I’ve bent over backwards.

“I want any elite fighter. I’ve got that buzz again. I want the top guys.

“In training, we are getting all the hard work done and having a good crack in between. Camp could not have gone any better. I’m raring to go.

“I am not interested in what Zerafa’s going to do, I am going to be 100 per cent. No man can deal with me on Saturday night. I’m very explosive and looking to put on a serious performance.”

Zerafa, though, has only lost twice during his professional career, and he is ready to take his opportunity against Brook at the Sheffield Arena.

“Brook has done a lot of great things for the sport,” Zerafa said. “We know it’s a hard task, but we are prepared – this is a world title for me.

“Brook is just a man with two arms, two legs, a head and he bleeds red.

“It’s going to be fireworks. We’ve seen flaws in Kell, and if there are too many holes in a ship, it sinks. No stone has been left unturned.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kel...162300625.html

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook says he wants a rematch with Errol Spence Jr after “knocking out Amir Khan”, but first he must take on Michael Zerafa.

Doubts continue over whether Brook and Khan will ever meet in a domestic super fight despite being stablemates in Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom team.

However, Brook has not given up hope of taking on his British rival.

Ahead of his bout against Australia’s Zerafa in Sheffield on Saturday, Brook said: “We hope that the Khan fight is next and after I’ve knocked him out I want a rematch against the IBF champion Errol Spence Jr. There are other huge fights out there for me at welterweight.”

Brook, who is also eyeing a rematch with WBC champion Shawn Porter, won the IBF title from him in 2014 before losing it to Spence Jr three years later. Khan is said to be close to finalising a clash with WBO champion Terence Crawford in the United States in March.

Date, UK start time and venue

Brook vs Zerafa takes place at FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield. The ring walk and main event is likely to be around 10pm.

Undercard
    Kell Brook vs Michael Zerafa
    Jono Carroll vs Guillaume Frenois
    Josh Kelly vs David Avanesyan
    Anthony Fowler vs TBA
    Kid Galahad vs Brayan Mairena
    Anthony Tomlinson vs Innocent Anyanwu
    Terri Harper vs Feriche Mashauri
    Qias Ashfaq vs Jay Carney
    Callum Hancock vs Ivan Nikolov
    Shakiel Thompson vs Konstantin Alexandrov

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kel...132900555.html

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHO NEXT? Kell Brook set to become mandatory for dangerous, unbeaten champion Jarrett Hurd with win this weekend

The Brit faces a straightforward task against Michael Zerafa on Saturday, but will then be in line to take on a monster

Kell Brook fights Australia’s Michael Zerafa on Saturday night in Sheffield, with a tougher foe potentially just around the corner.

This weekend’s bout has now been upgraded to a WBA super-welterweight final eliminator, meaning the winner will become mandatory challenger for unified WBA and IBF world champion Jarrett Hurd.

The dangerous, 23-0 American is renowned for his relatively gargantuan size in the context of the super-welterweight division. This is because he has previously blown up to over 190lbs between fights before then getting back down to the 154lbs limit.

Standing at 6’ 1”, Hurd outsizes all of his opponents at super-welterweight by far. Brook meanwhile has only just moved up from the weight class below.

However, there is no guarantee that Kell Brook vs Jarrett Hurd is the next bout for both men.

While the potential mandatory brings the fight closer, it is no assurance that it will happen as the Brit may look to head in another direction or the American may be given time to have another optional fight beforehand.

Brook is clearly still targeting a bout with long-time rival Amir Khan at present, however Khan is now looking in the direction of Terence Crawford instead, meaning the Sheffield man might move back down to welterweight in search of another big name.

It is rumoured Hurd is planning a title defence early next year, before then taking on WBC champion Jermell Charlo with the aim of collecting another belt.

Before any of this, Kell Brook must first overcome Michael Zerafa in what is expected to be a comfortable victory for the Brit.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...-jarrett-hurd/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    WHO NEXT? Kell Brook set to become mandatory for dangerous, unbeaten champion Jarrett Hurd with win this weekend

The Brit faces a straightforward task against Michael Zerafa on Saturday, but will then be in line to take on a monster

Kell Brook fights Australia’s Michael Zerafa on Saturday night in Sheffield, with a tougher foe potentially just around the corner.

This weekend’s bout has now been upgraded to a WBA super-welterweight final eliminator, meaning the winner will become mandatory challenger for unified WBA and IBF world champion Jarrett Hurd.

The dangerous, 23-0 American is renowned for his relatively gargantuan size in the context of the super-welterweight division. This is because he has previously blown up to over 190lbs between fights before then getting back down to the 154lbs limit.

Standing at 6’ 1”, Hurd outsizes all of his opponents at super-welterweight by far. Brook meanwhile has only just moved up from the weight class below.

However, there is no guarantee that Kell Brook vs Jarrett Hurd is the next bout for both men.

While the potential mandatory brings the fight closer, it is no assurance that it will happen as the Brit may look to head in another direction or the American may be given time to have another optional fight beforehand.

Brook is clearly still targeting a bout with long-time rival Amir Khan at present, however Khan is now looking in the direction of Terence Crawford instead, meaning the Sheffield man might move back down to welterweight in search of another big name.

It is rumoured Hurd is planning a title defence early next year, before then taking on WBC champion Jermell Charlo with the aim of collecting another belt.

Before any of this, Kell Brook must first overcome Michael Zerafa in what is expected to be a comfortable victory for the Brit.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...-jarrett-hurd/
    I see Josh Kelly has had to pull out of his fight through illness. It’s a shame, because it’s the only thing on the card I was looking forward to ,including the headline fight.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The White Rhino is at ringside sitting next Eddie Hearn

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched an interview with Hearn, he said that he won't be happy if Khan takes the Crawford fight, he said that the Brook fight won't be here forever and if Khan is confident that he can win then he should take the Brook fight and then he will get more money from Crawford (if he wins)

oh and by the way, Anna is looking rather lovely again tonight

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First fight is two bints, I'm gunna read my book for a bit

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This BamBam fella is the most unboxerish looking boxer I've seen in a while, looks like some weird sort of alien with that strange shaped head

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Just watched an interview with Hearn, he said that he won't be happy if Khan takes the Crawford fight, he said that the Brook fight won't be here forever and if Khan is confident that he can win then he should take the Brook fight and then he will get more money from Crawford (if he wins)

oh and by the way, Anna is looking rather lovely again tonight
    Recording it (Missus watching Strictly.) but it’s easy forHearn to say that , but Khan has got an alibi here. Fight a meaningless fight with Brook for Money only , or fight one of the best in the World for a title?
    Khan is a knobhead, but he can justify this.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information