Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who fights who next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    wilder is not the best the usa can muster, that would be big baby miller... the 300+lb guy :S.......
    Feels like Hearn is keeping Miller on the back burner doesn't it? Last I saw he was fighting in front of maybe 500 people in some BF Kansas town with no trinket as a door prize.
    pretty sure hearn is like the evil witch from hansel and gretel, he wants to feed big baby and fatten him up so he can feed him to joshua.... He doesnt care about big baby and getting him some good fights to test himself, just keep fattening him up till its dinner time.. Its a shame, I really think if big baby was around 275-280 he'd be very dangerous, 300+ looks to be limiting his movement quite badly. I am president of the pacific north west big baby fanclub.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miller eyeing Joshua bout at Madison Square Garden

Jarrell Miller wants Anthony Joshua to make his American debut by facing him in a heavyweight title bout at Madison Square Garden.

Joshua, the WBA, WBO and IBF world champion, and Miller were at the Garden on Saturday to watch Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez defeat Rocky Fielding.

The Briton has made no secret of his desire to unify the heavyweight division by fighting WBC title holder Deontay Wilder, who fought to a thrilling draw with Tyson Fury in Los Angeles this month.

A rematch between Wilder and Fury has already been sanctioned by the WBC and could scupper Joshua's hopes of taking on the American for the time being.

Joshua has Wembley booked for April 13 for a fight with an as yet unconfirmed opponent.

However, Miller, who boasts an unbeaten 23-0-1 record, has his sights set on a meeting with Joshua on the other side of the Atlantic.

"AJ is a great champion, doing his thing outside and inside the ring, but sooner or later I'm going to punch him in the face," Miller told Sky Sports.

"Anybody that has the belt, that's how I feel. I feel like I can beat AJ any day, I know I can beat Deontay.

"If AJ wants to come to America, this is the place to do it, and I'm the man to punch him in the face."

Eddie Hearn, who serves as promoter for both Joshua and Miller, added: "I do know that Anthony Joshua against Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden would be something very, very special.

"Jarrell is doing great, he's going to come over to Britain I believe for the Dillian Whyte fight [against Dereck Chisora next week], and he's doing great things.

"Probably the most active heavyweight out there at the moment, and I tell you, Joshua against Miller is going to be a big fight in time. You never know, you might see it sooner than you think."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/mil...125329663.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was thinking earlier if I was Wilder I’d take the Joshua fight next.

Even if he loses which I think he would he’d still have unfinished business with Fury so would get both fights pay day.

Lose to Fury in rematch and I can’t see him getting AJ fight at all.

This has probably been said before in this or another thread by someone so please don’t think I’m plagiarising.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There will be a lot of games being played by all but I would prefer to see AJ v Wilder in April.

It will be exciting and I think AJ knocks out Wilder cold.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RICKY HATTON Tyson Fury is heavyweight No1 ahead of Anthony Joshua – AJ spent too long talking about Deontay Wilder and not fighting him

The Hitman was in the Gypsy King's corner on December 1 and, although he loves AJ, he sees his man as the top dog

TYSON FURY is king of the heavyweight decision after Anthony Joshua spent two years talking about Deontay Wilder, instead of fighting him.

AJ and promoter Eddie Hearn have been locked in frustrating talks with American WBC champ, who has the only belt missing from the Brit’s collection , trying to plan an undisputed decider.

Watford’s WBA, WBO and IBF king has refused to give the 33-year-old the 50-50 split he has demanded and AJ knocked back a £40million April offer to meet in the US.

The impasse allowed Fury, 30, to recover from his mental health problems and leap into a Los Angeles clash with the Bronze Bomber on Dec 1 that ended in a controversial draw.

And Hatton, who was in the Gypsy King’s corner but enjoys a close friendship with Josh, says Fury is the boss after walking the walk while Joshua was too busy talking.

He said: “If Tyson had the WBC title I think most people would still see Anthony as the No1.

“Personally, I see Tyson as No1. He never lost his belts in the ring and he has just boxed Wilder, an unbeaten champion with an unbelievable knockout record and he did it in his backyard.

“In the two years Tyson has battled back to do that fight, Eddie Hearn and Anthony – and I love Anthony by the way – they have been negotiating.

“They spent two years sat around a table haggling over this and that and Tyson has gone and done it.

“People will not share my opinion and I probably am a little bit bias but Tyson, the lineal champion, went over and did that and I think he needs the respect he deserves.

“Joshua’s team have been talking about Joshua vs Wilder for two years now but while they have been talking about it, Tyson has gone and done it.”

Fury’s masterful performance and his super-human strength to climb off the canvas in rounds nine and 12 proved his 2015 win over Wladimir Klitschko was no fluke.

The 30-year-old’s controversial comments, before and after clinching the three major belts AJ now holds, made him an unpopular figure.

But Hatton, who battled depression and addiction like the 6ft 9in ace, wants his incredible comeback story to win people over once and for all.

He said: “Tyson has probably opened his mouth a few too many times over the years, he has probably had a pop at everyone at one time or another.

“But from a boxing point of view he has travelled to fight Klitschko and Wilder on their soil to prove that he walks the walk as well as talks the talk.

“Everything he has said he has backed up.

“In the past you would be forgiven for thinking he was full of rubbish but he speaks the truth, he has proved it. The proof is in the pudding.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/79827...-fight-boxing/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua vs. Wilder is the fight I most want to see.

But Wilder's handlers are scared to death of Joshua, so I doubt it ever happens.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These two would make for a good matchup:

Thread Information