Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who fights who next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Fury-Wilder rematch? Joshua fights one of them? If so, who does the other guy fight?

Thoughts.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

I say rematch. That was a surprisingly good fight. Fury came to fight and should've gotten the decision. Wilder DID knock him down twice, however..... the 2nd time was a bomb we're still shaking our heads how Fury got up from.

IMO they earned the right to make some good bucks off each other again.

Joshua didn't want to give either the time of day..... he can now wait in line.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v Fury again, why not let's get that one rolling. Still feel Wilder needs it much more. I dunno if it's a case of Joshua waiting in line or needing too as they can bring in Miller, resurgent Whyte or Ortiz or strike a swindle with Fury. It was a top notch very entertaining fight but if anything Wilder is the one on reset. I'm actually looking forward to Hunters next fight. Miller and AJ could be entertaining. Can you imagine Fury and Miller promotion and fight hype wise? Two of the best charismatic talkers going .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's several reasons why I think a rematch would be best. One... the fight ended in a draw. Fury may have deserved the decision, but it was ruled a draw. A rematch is logical. Two... they both put on a good show. Fury surprised many, including me.... and Wilder provided some scintillating moments. A better fight than many expected, again... including me. The fight negotiations were an 180° from the soap opera drama of the Wilder-AJ show. Most fans, again including me, were beyond the point of nausea from the constant back and forth. Fury stepping in and taking the fight provided a welcome respite from the circus. It's not like Joshua doesn't have other options.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury deserves the Joshua fight but any matchup between the three will be great. And there's plenty of good challengers for ALL three.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ must take on Wilder in April, no excuses. Wilder is there for the taking and it was clear to see.

Otherwise AJ just looks a dick.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Fury-Wilder rematch? Joshua fights one of them? If so, who does the other guy fight?

Thoughts.
    Joshua- to me- has been put to the sideline until the Fury/Wilder matter has been settled. Joshua should have taken a fight against either- Don't even mention Joshua's name until we have decided who to adorn with GLORY from the Wilder/Fury affair.

With that being said: Joshua can find some fight to make just as much money of what Wilder/Fury got for their fight with less the risk that fight fans want to see! For example, the Povetkin fight was ok. Could have been sold a little more- But it was ok and you could have BELIEVED Povetkin could have done something because of his pedigree. We even gave Povetkin a pass after that Wlad loss due to Wlad's hugging and holding which he should have been greatly penalized for!

Joshua vs.- Ruiz, Jennings, Miller, Bryan, Pulev, or even Rivas and Ortiz could be fights well worth the watch UNTIL Fury/Wilder has been satisfactorily settled.

In fact, I see a Wilder/Fury trilogy WHICH WOULD KEEP US ENTERTAINED even without Joshua's name being mentioned at all!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

jon09 Guest

I would love to have a unified champ. Which is why I choose Wilder vs Joshua for the 2019 start and the winner to face Fury at years end. But I think Joshua will duck and dodge for as long as he can.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    I would love to have a unified champ. Which is why I choose Wilder vs Joshua for the 2019 start and the winner to face Fury at years end. But I think Joshua will duck and dodge for as long as he can.
    The title is gonna be unified within the next 2 years, I feel. especially if Joshua remains undefeated. Joshua has to fight Wilder AND Fury. No doubt.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I don't get the feel of AJ being surpassed in some way. Wilder and Fury turned into a good scrap but also a glaring case of styles making fights and either was capable of convincingly and completely separating himself from the other..bs scoring aside. Fury wasn't supposed to come out of this with a sense of being reinvented and all that glory . They pulled respectable numbers but honestly imo, they're still not fighting to determine #1, they're fighting to determine who will face #1. Have to love the way Fury is still shining in aftermath and already putting their names out though..he's become various walking memes and all of it will bolster sales. Heavyweights are looking good though, the division has some breath running through the lungs and many interesting options for fans.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I guess I don't get the feel of AJ being surpassed in some way. Wilder and Fury turned into a good scrap but also a glaring case of styles making fights and either was capable of convincingly and completely separating himself from the other..bs scoring aside. Fury wasn't supposed to come out of this with a sense of being reinvented and all that glory . They pulled respectable numbers but honestly imo, they're still not fighting to determine #1, they're fighting to determine who will face #1. Have to love the way Fury is still shining in aftermath and already putting their names out though..he's become various walking memes and all of it will bolster sales. Heavyweights are looking good though, the division has some breath running through the lungs and many interesting options for fans.
    Has Joshua/Hearn got the bottle to take on Wild Card Wilder? If he was any kind of boxer he would take the fight in a heartbeat, Wilder is overhyped, overpaid, and can't box.

Thread Information