Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who fights who next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Fury-Wilder rematch? Joshua fights one of them? If so, who does the other guy fight?

Thoughts.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

I say rematch. That was a surprisingly good fight. Fury came to fight and should've gotten the decision. Wilder DID knock him down twice, however..... the 2nd time was a bomb we're still shaking our heads how Fury got up from.

IMO they earned the right to make some good bucks off each other again.

Joshua didn't want to give either the time of day..... he can now wait in line.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v Fury again, why not let's get that one rolling. Still feel Wilder needs it much more. I dunno if it's a case of Joshua waiting in line or needing too as they can bring in Miller, resurgent Whyte or Ortiz or strike a swindle with Fury. It was a top notch very entertaining fight but if anything Wilder is the one on reset. I'm actually looking forward to Hunters next fight. Miller and AJ could be entertaining. Can you imagine Fury and Miller promotion and fight hype wise? Two of the best charismatic talkers going .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's several reasons why I think a rematch would be best. One... the fight ended in a draw. Fury may have deserved the decision, but it was ruled a draw. A rematch is logical. Two... they both put on a good show. Fury surprised many, including me.... and Wilder provided some scintillating moments. A better fight than many expected, again... including me. The fight negotiations were an 180° from the soap opera drama of the Wilder-AJ show. Most fans, again including me, were beyond the point of nausea from the constant back and forth. Fury stepping in and taking the fight provided a welcome respite from the circus. It's not like Joshua doesn't have other options.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury deserves the Joshua fight but any matchup between the three will be great. And there's plenty of good challengers for ALL three.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ must take on Wilder in April, no excuses. Wilder is there for the taking and it was clear to see.

Otherwise AJ just looks a dick.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any of the three options would be great, I agree. But Joshua's already got an April date penciled in against a TBA opponent. Why not let Fury and Wilder have a rematch (provided they both want it) and settle that score, while AJ takes on a Whyte or a Miller. That would further hype a fight between AJ and the winner of the Fury-Wilder rematch. The loser of that rematch wouldn't be totally out of the picture either. They've both proven to be championship caliber and should be part of the mix.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ must take on Wilder in April, no excuses. Wilder is there for the taking and it was clear to see.

Otherwise AJ just looks a dick.
    why would AJ look a dick? You're assuming AJ Ducked Wilder last time. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, I don't know.
    But what I do now know is that according to Wilder himself, all the time those figures were being banded around last time , he had a broken arm and no intention of fighting in September.
    Why would you or your team offer someone $50 million when you have a broken arm and feasibly wouldn't be ready to fight?
    Isn't it possible that Team Wilder WERE Bullshitting and Eddie was right?
    You might say that Eddie tried to undervalue Wilder. Well after the weekend, it is again entirely plausible to believe that Eddie was right, Because Wilder can't box.
    Like I said , I don't know the truth, but there has to be a balance here and relying on facts and not "He said, She said."
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any one of the three would be good but for me personally I'd like to see the rematch so Fury can get the official win.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

El Kabong Guest

OK we're in a situation right now with the heavyweights we haven't been in in a LOOOONG time. You've got 3 (perhaps more, most likely more) heavies who are perfectly matched against each other and they're all about the same age, they all have unique individual styles, they all have different strengths and weaknesses, and they're all undefeated.

Wilder-Fury was a good first act, but we've got 2 more to go in what should be a 3 fight series...#1 a draw, #2 hopefully a decisive win, #3 hopefully another decisive win (either way).

So right now Anthony Joshua is seemingly left without a dance partner or at least a recognized threat of a dance partner, it seems as though whoever he chooses he's going to be seen as fighting a lower level but he's the champ so everyone else IS a lower level or should be.

AJ has some wonderful options out there:

Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller
    Dillian Whyte II
    Kubrat Pulev
    Luis Ortiz
    Robert Helenius

I'd say Hrgovic but I think he needs a little more prepping before he gets that title shot, looks good so far though. All the fighters listed would be DECENT opposition for AJ, I like the Big Baby match, I like the rematch vs Whyte, I think Pulev, Ortiz, Helenius would just be seen as just dangerous enough to keep AJ focused and should be seen as solid opponents. It would be nice if Breazeale was more active, but I guess we'll see because he would have been a good option too.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Povetkin showed he is still dangerous and could beat many on the list.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right - three great heavies with completely different styles.

And each one a 50-50 with anyone being able to beat the other on their day.

They could make a fortune just having a home and away round robin series over the next two years - and wouldn't we love to see it ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

They could make a fortune just having a home and away round robin series over the next two years - and wouldn't we love to see it ?
    And the time is absolutely right too!!! But promoters and managers and the fighters themselves even will end up cocking it up for everyone else.

I mean I'm not going to immediately say that any of the three are automatically All-Time Greats or anything, I just think 1. styles make fights 2. they've all won all their fights up to this point YET all of them are questioned about their resumes so the only way to fix that is to fight each other.

It's SIMILAR to where the division was with Ali-Frazier-Foreman, but these guys ain't Ali-Frazier-Foreman they deserve their own space to show the fans who they are as fighters.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

And the time is absolutely right too!!! But promoters and managers and the fighters themselves even will end up cocking it up for everyone else.

I mean I'm not going to immediately say that any of the three are automatically All-Time Greats or anything, I just think 1. styles make fights 2. they've all won all their fights up to this point YET all of them are questioned about their resumes so the only way to fix that is to fight each other.

It's SIMILAR to where the division was with Ali-Frazier-Foreman, but these guys ain't Ali-Frazier-Foreman they deserve their own space to show the fans who they are as fighters.
    Bowe v Lennox never happened which was a shame hope we get AJ to fight one of them soon.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Bowe v Lennox never happened which was a shame hope we get AJ to fight one of them soon.

You could make an absolute DREAM card of the fights we never got to see. These guys have an opportunity to....

Make
    Boxing
    Great
    Again

Now, I personally, I'm not a fan of any of the guys individually, but as a fan of the sport, make the fucking big fights everyone wants to see it's THE A#1 problem in the sport today along with shitty judging.

Thread Information