Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who fights who next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should meet next in the Heavies?

Big shift in that Deontay holds all the cards. The fight sold well 17,000 tickets, 5 million plus gate, 300+ to near 400k PPV sales. Knowing fighters first PPV fight isn’t their strongest, the action in the fight will bring better sales. He could fight either and it would make bank. The same could be said for AJ or Tyson except without Deontay the lose the US money.

AJ is suddenly the one most in need of them 2 as they proved willing to fight by fighting.

For Deontay the smart move would be to cash out with AJ, the bold move would be to rematch Fury if he believes he can win. If he were to beat Fury in a rematch he makes huge money with that and huge money against AJ.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't think joshua is in need of anyone, he's the English alvarez, as in he can sell tickets v any mug... he's got the most belts too.. Joshua is in a very good position unless he performs a self destructive bungle.

Id like to see fury v joshua, as I now think joshua would ealk through him pretty easily, and also big baby v wilder, big baby would stop wilder I think, then you get miller v joshua for all the belts...

Bit drunk but wotever. G

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Voted AJ vs Fury. But I'm happy with any combination really.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Fury-Wilder rematch? Joshua fights one of them? If so, who does the other guy fight?

Thoughts.
    Joshua- to me- has been put to the sideline until the Fury/Wilder matter has been settled. Joshua should have taken a fight against either- Don't even mention Joshua's name until we have decided who to adorn with GLORY from the Wilder/Fury affair.

With that being said: Joshua can find some fight to make just as much money of what Wilder/Fury got for their fight with less the risk that fight fans want to see! For example, the Povetkin fight was ok. Could have been sold a little more- But it was ok and you could have BELIEVED Povetkin could have done something because of his pedigree. We even gave Povetkin a pass after that Wlad loss due to Wlad's hugging and holding which he should have been greatly penalized for!

Joshua vs.- Ruiz, Jennings, Miller, Bryan, Pulev, or even Rivas and Ortiz could be fights well worth the watch UNTIL Fury/Wilder has been satisfactorily settled.

In fact, I see a Wilder/Fury trilogy WHICH WOULD KEEP US ENTERTAINED even without Joshua's name being mentioned at all!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

jon09 Guest

I would love to have a unified champ. Which is why I choose Wilder vs Joshua for the 2019 start and the winner to face Fury at years end. But I think Joshua will duck and dodge for as long as he can.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    I would love to have a unified champ. Which is why I choose Wilder vs Joshua for the 2019 start and the winner to face Fury at years end. But I think Joshua will duck and dodge for as long as he can.
    The title is gonna be unified within the next 2 years, I feel. especially if Joshua remains undefeated. Joshua has to fight Wilder AND Fury. No doubt.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I don't get the feel of AJ being surpassed in some way. Wilder and Fury turned into a good scrap but also a glaring case of styles making fights and either was capable of convincingly and completely separating himself from the other..bs scoring aside. Fury wasn't supposed to come out of this with a sense of being reinvented and all that glory . They pulled respectable numbers but honestly imo, they're still not fighting to determine #1, they're fighting to determine who will face #1. Have to love the way Fury is still shining in aftermath and already putting their names out though..he's become various walking memes and all of it will bolster sales. Heavyweights are looking good though, the division has some breath running through the lungs and many interesting options for fans.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I guess I don't get the feel of AJ being surpassed in some way. Wilder and Fury turned into a good scrap but also a glaring case of styles making fights and either was capable of convincingly and completely separating himself from the other..bs scoring aside. Fury wasn't supposed to come out of this with a sense of being reinvented and all that glory . They pulled respectable numbers but honestly imo, they're still not fighting to determine #1, they're fighting to determine who will face #1. Have to love the way Fury is still shining in aftermath and already putting their names out though..he's become various walking memes and all of it will bolster sales. Heavyweights are looking good though, the division has some breath running through the lungs and many interesting options for fans.
    Has Joshua/Hearn got the bottle to take on Wild Card Wilder? If he was any kind of boxer he would take the fight in a heartbeat, Wilder is overhyped, overpaid, and can't box.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Has Joshua/Hearn got the bottle to take on Wild Card Wilder? If he was any kind of boxer he would take the fight in a heartbeat, Wilder is overhyped, overpaid, and can't box.
    Think it best Wilder clears up unfinished business with Fury and clear victory will give him more ground and prize with Joshua. I don't think AJ doubts he can beat Wilder buy why expect him or any other boxer to clamor for a guy who just got early Christmas gifts and came in 2nd place.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think it best Wilder clears up unfinished business with Fury and clear victory will give him more ground and prize with Joshua. I don't think AJ doubts he can beat Wilder buy why expect him or any other boxer to clamor for a guy who just got early Christmas gifts and came in 2nd place.

Especially when they know they could outbox Wilder throughout the whole fight and get starched in the 12th round by The Equalizer at the end of his right arm.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Especially when they know they could outbox Wilder throughout the whole fight and get starched in the 12th round by The Equalizer at the end of his right arm.
    No different than most fighters through the ranks really, just in a louder more heavily advertised package really. Wilder packs bricks but he'd be better suited to work on his delivery system and gears than to think all he needs is to clump a guy once or twice and call it a day. Fair to say that's why he finds himself in the exact situation and do over he's in now.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No different than most fighters through the ranks really, just in a louder more heavily advertised package really. Wilder packs bricks but he'd be better suited to work on his delivery system and gears than to think all he needs is to clump a guy once or twice and call it a day. Fair to say that's why he finds himself in the exact situation and do over he's in now.

No I got you there. I was just addressing your "why expect him (AJ) or any other boxer to clamor for a guy (Wilder) who just....."

Point is, Wilder is probably seen, if he wasn't already, as an "not much to gain, with everything to lose" type of opponent. You can thoroughly outbox the guy for 12 rounds (a la Sergio vs. Junior) and then get caught in the 12th round. If you win a decision, people will say Wilder can't box. If he catches you with one shot, it's lights out. It's sort of a lose-lose proposition.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I got you there. I was just addressing your "why expect him (AJ) or any other boxer to clamor for a guy (Wilder) who just....."

Point is, Wilder is probably seen, if he wasn't already, as an "not much to gain, with everything to lose" type of opponent. You can thoroughly outbox the guy for 12 rounds (a la Sergio vs. Junior) and then get caught in the 12th round. If you win a decision, people will say Wilder can't box. If he catches you with one shot, it's lights out. It's sort of a lose-lose proposition.
    Ah the ol risk vs reward good point. Can see that had the judges preformed and the trinket fallen away rightfully to Fury. In the aftermath he was schooled. But he did manage good crowd numbers also thanks in large part to Fury so can't knock him there. He was and is still the best we can muster in 'Murica. But I see no ground where Joshua should be expected to 'need' Wilder save for the trinket around his waist until he at least settles up Fury. I swear belts are so overrated .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wilder is not the best the usa can muster, that would be big baby miller... the 300+lb guy :S.......

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    wilder is not the best the usa can muster, that would be big baby miller... the 300+lb guy :S.......
    Feels like Hearn is keeping Miller on the back burner doesn't it? Last I saw he was fighting in front of maybe 500 people in some BF Kansas town with no trinket as a door prize.

Thread Information