Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Should Wilder prove he broke his arm?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

5 71.43%
  • No!

1 14.29%
  • I am not going to vote in this poll!

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Wilder prove that he broke his arm?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Wilder prove that he broke his arm?

Wilder alleges that he broke his arm 12 weeks before the fight. That is quite an assertion and a broken arm something that requires considerable time to recover from. Why would you not just postpone the fight considering its magnitude? Do you believe him? Should he provide medical proof to back up what he is saying?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Wilder prove that he broke his arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Wilder alleges that he broke his arm 12 weeks before the fight. That is quite an assertion and a broken arm something that requires considerable time to recover from. Why would you not just postpone the fight considering its magnitude? Do you believe him? Should he provide medical proof to back up what he is saying?
    Didn’t hear that, any details? Fracture during training? What arm? I’ll look it up see what I see

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And yes miles, if he says that he should prove it. I’ve broken many bones. What is this surgery thing about? Usually that is about putting in hardware to rejoin to break. Even young and in top physical form that is a big heal and your biggest weapon. if he says this I’d like to see more proof. People had money on the fight, I don’t know if things like this should be hidden
    Last edited by walrus; 12-05-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Walrus, there are a few links and comments in the RBR thread in the final page or two. I would get it if he broke a bone in his hand during the fight or something like that, but 12 weeks before a fight sounds a bit ridiculous. And not the hand, but the arm? Is there any photo footage of him around that time? Is he willing to back that up? Absolutely, most who picked Wilder were picking by KO and would have likely had some money on it too. That's a kind of con job if true. I get that you cannot reveal every ache and pain, but with a serious injury you have a responsibility to those watching the fight and yourself to be at your very best.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meh...... to me it's neither here nor there.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Looking at the type of fight and how he was able to land with full force several times I would kind of agree, but to say you broke your arm 12 weeks before a fight is pretty extreme. It is not quite on Tyson broken back territory, but still rather eyebrow raising.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Looking at the type of fight and how he was able to land with full force several times I would kind of agree, but to say you broke your arm 12 weeks before a fight is pretty extreme. It is not quite on Tyson broken back territory, but still rather eyebrow raising.

Fighters gonna lie about stuff like that, or at least stretch the truth a whole lot.

With me it's like... if you step into the ring, then you're ready, come what may. Not sure what Wilder is trying to accomplish here... but we've all seen this song and dance from many a fighter after they've lost.

That's why I'd love a rematch, to settle things once and for all. They fought well enough to deserve it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly still trying to figure if it's supposedly his arm or his hand, he has said both in different interviews . He had surgery after the arreola fight too. For both. It's all very confusing right now. But I bet he stops running around punching Mexican mascots without getting paid at least. Might want to work on proper punching technique.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxers lie to make excuses for their poor performances all the time! Remember Manny's shoulder...?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Boxers lie to make excuses for their poor performances all the time! Remember Manny's shoulder...?
    It is the socks I remember more, but hey, I am a dandy.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breaking his arm three months before his training camp started seems very plausible to me and not really any excuse, they went ahead with everything as normal so I don't see why he should prove it. It's a mildly interesting thing to happen but so far before the fight, who cares really. People have various degrees of broken too, I doubt it was a mortal kombat style bone breaker.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Breaking his arm three months before his training camp started seems very plausible to me and not really any excuse, they went ahead with everything as normal so I don't see why he should prove it. It's a mildly interesting thing to happen but so far before the fight, who cares really. People have various degrees of broken too, I doubt it was a mortal kombat style bone breaker.
    No doubt there are several types of breaks. Fractures, even hairline fractures are still breaks. What gets me in the surgery part. That would point to a more severe injury. I’ve broken fingers and didn’t even wear a cast type thing on it. I’d just like him to go into more detail at least. I broke an arm as well, no surgery on that but did have surgery on a broken hand. So three months healing sounds sounds right but in many cases three months wouldn’t put u at 100p

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Show the medical report!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he wants to say he broke his arm 12 weeks before camp started, whatever. The more important point to me is if he did break his arm, why negotiate for that fight AND the possible AJ fight.
    To me , that is conning the public and he should be brought before the authorities to justify that and if they feel he wasn’t 100% , withhold a portion of his purse. He’s such a thick cunt he doesn’t see this.
    He is such a desperate wanker. He’s also posted on Social media “PROOF” that it was a long count in the 12th. So there’s a stopwatch showing from the moment Fury hit the canvas, and stops at 10 seconds dead, when Fury is nearly up.
    However , the prick forgets that the count doesn’t start till he’s in an neutral corner! So when he’s standing over Fury and doing his funny walk , the ref doesn’t start the count. The guy has shown himself to be a complete fucking dullard.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all getting daft and taking a bit of gloss off of what was a fabulous event and fight that was punctuated with one of the greatest moments in heavyweight history.

No one cares that you broke your arm 12 weeks before camp started. If it healed it healed, if it didn't, you still managed to throw possibly the best right hand you've ever thrown in your life in the final round of the fight. Don't be giving us no 'I wasn't 100%' now.

If Wilder needs some turd on Twitter to explain to him the difference between 10 seconds on a stop watch, and a ten second count in a boxing ring then his boxing education needs more tweaking than I initially thought.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information