Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you think is the best heavyweight: Wilder, Fury or Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think is the best heavyweight: Wilder, Fury or Joshua?

I’m not sure. Fury is capable of outboxing Joshua imo.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I’ve always said AJ is the best of them but I’m not sure he beats either. AJ is weak mentally, that has been demonstrated in the Wilder negotiations when he joined Eddie in lie after lie. If a man can’t speak the truth he is weak. This is why so many heavies, even ones he has beaten call him a “bi**h”

If he lets Wilder hang around his slow feet and penchant for backing straight up will get him ironed. To win he will have to control every minute so he doesn’t show his flaws. He can, but will he, will Wilder come back improved in Fury II, will Fury? So many great questions to be answered if AJ will ask Eddie for his balls back, better yet if he takes them back.

Agree with part... not with the whole thing. No doubt his image has suffered by letting Hearn speak for him and make a circus of his failed negotiations with Wilder. LOL at the balls part, and I'd have to say I agree with that also. But mentally weak in the ring? He got up from a heavy knockdown against Wlad, to knock Wlad out. That showed some mental fortitude. He can be mentally strong in the ring and be a wimp in his relationship with Hearn.

As to the OP question, that's tough to answer. That's like asking who was better between Ali, Foreman and Frazier. It's the classic A beats B.... B beats C..... C beats A. How do you pick between the three? I'm not sure AJ beats either myself. Wilder catches a lot of flak here.... but the fight against Fury was closer than a lot of people here like to admit. I'd like to think both Wilder and Fury will improve off that fight. Well.... Fury really doesn't have much else he can improve on. His boxing was superb and so was his stamina. Credit to Fury for not going in with fear against Wilder, half the battle right there. Credit to Wilder for hanging in there against the first opponent of that type he had ever faced (bigger, confident, awkward, good boxer).

All I know is the division has seen two great, exciting title fights in the last couple of years. Joshua vs Wlad, and Wilder vs Fury. Both brought back the excitement to the division again, after years of boredom during the Wlad era. Ironically, Wlad made me more of a fan with his loss to Joshua than I ever was during his boring reign. He came to fight. By the same token, Fury made a fan out of me against Wilder, after years of hating on him for his stinkfest against Wlad.

Of the three, in head to head matchups, I'd say Fury probably outboxes and beats Joshua. Wilder-Joshua is tougher to call. Joshua would undoubtedly be cautious, which would play into Wilder's hands. But that's more of a 50/50 for me. In a Fury-Wilder rematch, again it's hard to call. Fury's stamina was great in their first fight. Don't see how that's gonna improve by much. In fact, I don't see much where Fury could improve upon his first effort, which was superb. Whereas Wilder certainly has a lot of room for improvement. I'd go with close to 50/50 on the rematch, with a slight edge toward Fury if Wilder doesn't correct some of his issues.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I’ve always said AJ is the best of them but I’m not sure he beats either. AJ is weak mentally, that has been demonstrated in the Wilder negotiations when he joined Eddie in lie after lie. If a man can’t speak the truth he is weak. This is why so many heavies, even ones he has beaten call him a “bi**h”

If he lets Wilder hang around his slow feet and penchant for backing straight up will get him ironed. To win he will have to control every minute so he doesn’t show his flaws. He can, but will he, will Wilder come back improved in Fury II, will Fury? So many great questions to be answered if AJ will ask Eddie for his balls back, better yet if he takes them back.

Agree with part... not with the whole thing. No doubt his image has suffered by letting Hearn speak for him and make a circus of his failed negotiations with Wilder. LOL at the balls part, and I'd have to say I agree with that also. But mentally weak in the ring? He got up from a heavy knockdown against Wlad, to knock Wlad out. That showed some mental fortitude. He can be mentally strong in the ring and be a wimp in his relationship with Hearn.

As to the OP question, that's tough to answer. That's like asking who was better between Ali, Foreman and Frazier. It's the classic A beats B.... B beats C..... C beats A. How do you pick between the three? I'm not sure AJ beats either myself. Wilder catches a lot of flak here.... but the fight against Fury was closer than a lot of people here like to admit. I'd like to think both Wilder and Fury will improve off that fight. Well.... Fury really doesn't have much else he can improve on. His boxing was superb and so was his stamina. Credit to Fury for not going in with fear against Wilder, half the battle right there. Credit to Wilder for hanging in there against the first opponent of that type he had ever faced (bigger, confident, awkward, good boxer).

All I know is the division has seen two great, exciting title fights in the last couple of years. Joshua vs Wlad, and Wilder vs Fury. Both brought back the excitement to the division again, after years of boredom during the Wlad era. Ironically, Wlad made me more of a fan with his loss to Joshua than I ever was during his boring reign. He came to fight. By the same token, Fury made a fan out of me against Wilder, after years of hating on him for his stinkfest against Wlad.

Of the three, in head to head matchups, I'd say Fury probably outboxes and beats Joshua. Wilder-Joshua is tougher to call. Joshua would undoubtedly be cautious, which would play into Wilder's hands. But that's more of a 50/50 for me. In a Fury-Wilder rematch, again it's hard to call. Fury's stamina was great in their first fight. Don't see how that's gonna improve by much. In fact, I don't see much where Fury could improve upon his first effort, which was superb. Whereas Wilder certainly has a lot of room for improvement. I'd go with close to 50/50 on the rematch, with a slight edge toward Fury if Wilder doesn't correct some of his issues.
    I don't think Wilder will ever be any different from the first fight. I think Fury will be far better now he's got twelve rounds in his legs. He was wobbling and jiggling and not in the condition he was for the Klitschko fight. He got caught in the ninth and the last round whether it was a little drop in energy levels or in being mentally switched on next time out I don't think he'll get caught. I think it'll be a clearer Fury win next time out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ or Fury.

AJ fought the better competition in fewer fights..but Fury did dethrone WK.

I think Fury is the better boxer but AJ is getting better.

Hard to choose between the two but AJ gets the nod because of the consistency.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People think AJ is the best, but if you're thinking that then you are a fool, you should know the rules Tyson Fury is king now. He beat Deontay Wilder got robbed like Pernell Whitaker. AJ didn't have the guts or the gall to fight Deontay

1. Tyson Fury
    2. Deontay Wilder
    3. Anthony Joshua

AJ can't beat Fury and he can't beat Wilder and he knows it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is the best for me.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury until someone says otherwise. Still the true HW Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Fury until someone says otherwise. Still the true HW Champion.
    3 years out of action and we are all expected to wait for him to get his act together.

By that logic Tunney and Marciano would still be champs.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information