Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Let's debunk the whole "Fury got robbed" myth

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    it seems the obvious solution to avoid any robberies is have dave coldwell judge every fight.

;d ;d

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    It seems The obvious solution to avoid any robberies is have dave coldwell judge every fight.
    And numerous other BOXERS who were not on some promoters payroll! Everyones got an opinion, fair enough. All I'm saying is look at BOXERS who expressed an opinion (that actually got published in the main stream media).

Some ex boxers are on the promoters/TV companies payrolls, they say what they are told, journos generally get VIP seats, freebie flights/meals/booze/hookers etc. so they say what they are told, we get told through the scumbag media, what they want us to hear.

I appreciate that genuine fans may have differing opinions on judging, having watched the fight, but the judging margins are so ridiculous as to be laughable and worthy of a comedy show. We deserve better, they are worse than the scumbag politicians.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree with Tito on some things, but on this one he is 100% right. Excellent OP and not a single point I could take exception with. A draw is a decent enough result. And it can happen again. The fight I mean. Hopefully not another draw. It also means Joshua is kind of stranded and both Fury and Wilder can laugh about that. Maybe even turn it into a trilogy and get married as it is the 21st century.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stand by my score. It was obvious when rewatching the fight that the commentators were giving Fury waaaayyy too much credit for jabs that were clearly missing. Missing because they were thrown short.... or missing because Wilder was effectively backing away from them. Then there's the phenomenon in boxing commentating which I call the avalanche effect. Once they get on that train, it's hard to get them off. Once a Paulie or a Harold or a Lampley decide that so-and-so is dominating a fight, it takes a savage knockdown or an act of Congress to get them to turn around and start favoring the other guy. There was a lot of missed punches... by both fighters. But once everyone got on the train, Fury's misses were counted as hits, and Wilder's hits were dismissed. That's the only way I can fathom a 10-2 round score. Especially when Wilder won two rounds by 10-8 in accordance to boxing scoring rules because of the knockdowns. It all boils down in how you view the first 6 rounds. There was no clear domination by either. It was all in who you wanted to win, and that's how you saw it. So it's conceivable that some guys had it 6-0 Fury, while others had it 6-0 Wilder. The last half of the fight was more clear cut, with Fury clearly winning the rounds he was not knocked down in. 115-111 for Wilder clearly was not accurate, but neither is saying Wilder only won the 9th and 12th. Amazingly, had I given the 3rd round to Wilder, as I was tempted to do, my final score would've been 114-112 Wilder. So a draw was definitely not out of the question.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking at Alejandro Rochin's scorecard (115-111 Wilder), I see he and I differed in two rounds. Round 3, which I felt could've gone either way, he gave it to Wilder and I gave it to Fury. Round 8 he also gave to Wilder while I scored it for Fury. The rest of the rounds we scored the same.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Looking at Alejandro Rochin's scorecard (115-111 Wilder), I see he and I differed in two rounds. Round 3, which I felt could've gone either way, he gave it to Wilder and I gave it to Fury. Round 8 he also gave to Wilder while I scored it for Fury. The rest of the rounds we scored the same.
    So what does that say about you?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So what does that say about you?

That I know how to score a fight.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk: Tyson Fury was robbed against Wilder, he won!

http://www.boxingnews.com.ua/en/news...ju-s-uajlderom

Undisputed cruiserweight champion of the world Oleksandr Usyk (16-0, 12 KOs) has revealed his thoughts on the fight between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) and lineal heavyweight champion of the world Tyson Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) which has ended in a controversial draw.

"Fury won that fight. He won 8 rounds, while Wilder won 3-4 at maximum. Tyson Fury is very good guy. Wilder almost killed him in 12th round, Fury is laying on his back, then gets up... It's crazy!", - said Oleksandr Usyk.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury is a master of looking very busy while doing about nothing and thus his greatest skill is stealing rounds.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol debunking with that whack ass score card? smh...

deontay won round 1 and 2? lol gtfo

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    lol debunking with that whack ass score card? smh...

deontay won round 1 and 2? lol gtfo
    I had him winning rounds 1 and 2 and the KD rounds. Round 1 I thought Wilder won. Not super convincing but won it nonetheless. Round 2 was really close and Wilder landed a big shot at the end that won him the round for me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stand by my score. It was obvious when rewatching the fight that the commentators were giving Fury waaaayyy too much credit for jabs that were clearly missing. Missing because they were thrown short.... or missing because Wilder was effectively backing away from them. Then there's the phenomenon in boxing commentating which I call the avalanche effect. Once they get on that train, it's hard to get them off. Once a Paulie or a Harold or a Lampley decide that so-and-so is dominating a fight, it takes a savage knockdown or an act of Congress to get them to turn around and start favoring the other guy. There was a lot of missed punches... by both fighters. But once everyone got on the train, Fury's misses were counted as hits, and Wilder's hits were dismissed. That's the only way I can fathom a 10-2 round score. Especially when Wilder won two rounds by 10-8 in accordance to boxing scoring rules because of the knockdowns. It all boils down in how you view the first 6 rounds. There was no clear domination by either. It was all in who you wanted to win, and that's how you saw it. So it's conceivable that some guys had it 6-0 Fury, while others had it 6-0 Wilder. The last half of the fight was more clear cut, with Fury clearly winning the rounds he was not knocked down in. 115-111 for Wilder clearly was not accurate, but neither is saying Wilder only won the 9th and 12th. Amazingly, had I given the 3rd round to Wilder, as I was tempted to do, my final score would've been 114-112 Wilder. So a draw was definitely not out of the question.
    I doubt that 'professional' judges do so with the benefit of 'amateur' commentators talking in their ears, or watching at home on a 32 inch where they can't see or hear blows land. I repeat, I will only consider the opinions of BOXERS who were there, and not on media or promoter payrolls.

Thread Information