Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kovalev/GGG aftermath..

It’s been a few months now..how do you feel?

Do we still feel that Canelo won?

I also want to ask the question of why GGG couldn’t despatch Canelo the same way as all his other opponents.

Canelo is a good boxer/fighter.

Do you still consider GGG an unbeaten fighter?...did he really loose?

How does GGG style compare with Kovalev?

We know that Kovalev lost twice to Ward.
    (First fight was a dodgy decision)

Out of the two I see GGG as the better fighter...they were both the bogeymen of their division.

I can see the that Kovalev was exposed with his stamina, body shots and outworked by Ward.

I still feel GGG hasn’t been beaten like that yet..both fights with Canelo were close and even though GGG is 35 he should still be the man to beat in that division.

I need to see GGG beat in a more decisive manner before we close the book on his career.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kovalev/GGG aftermath..

GGG lost a close one. Kov got his ass kicked. Three times now. Third time by a lesser known fighter.

GGG/Canelo deserves a third fight and maybe a fourth- GGG needs to knock Canelo's ass out, though.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few years back, I thought that Kovalev had the slight edge. GGG will definitely go down as the more well known fighter and better fighter because of longevity and his big fights with Canelo.

Kovalev has his issues but let’s be honest, if GGG fought Ward or somebody like him, he would have gotten beat easily. At least Kovalev should have beat him in their first fight.

GGG has the better chin for sure and is a good boxer, but he has more problem when his opponent has quick feet. Kovalev could overcome movement from his opponent much better than GGG. Kovalev just didn’t have the chin and heart of GGG. His drinking problem and lack of training (from what I’ve heard anyway) stopped him from being greater than he should have been.

So again, I ranked Kovalev higher than I ranked GGG a few years ago, but I think GGG will go down more accomplished in his career.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin is waiting for Canelo, a title and a big deal with a promoter at the moment.

GGG will go for the option that gives him the most money and secondly that enhances his legacy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    A few years back, I thought that Kovalev had the slight edge. GGG will definitely go down as the more well known fighter and better fighter because of longevity and his big fights with Canelo.

Kovalev has his issues but let’s be honest, if GGG fought Ward or somebody like him, he would have gotten beat easily. At least Kovalev should have beat him in their first fight.

GGG has the better chin for sure and is a good boxer, but he has more problem when his opponent has quick feet. Kovalev could overcome movement from his opponent much better than GGG. Kovalev just didn’t have the chin and heart of GGG. His drinking problem and lack of training (from what I’ve heard anyway) stopped him from being greater than he should have been.

So again, I ranked Kovalev higher than I ranked GGG a few years ago, but I think GGG will go down more accomplished in his career.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev's alcoholism, lack of respect for his black opponents, a racist streak in addition to his lack of contrition to killing Simakov in the ring a few years back has tarnished his legacy.

PS: Canelo killing Javier Juaregi in a sparring matches- Which persons have called unnecessarily brutal the way Canelo's team carries them out- is a peg down for me in Canelo's books.

I knew he would win the rematch with GGG, but was rooting for GGG- and still am- to this day. I want GGG to knock his ass out clean out of those boxing shoes!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information