Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN has Deontay Wilder in their top 10 p4p list!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ESPN has Deontay Wilder in their top 10 p4p list!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Proving my point that after the first 2 or 3, p4p is a meaningless crock of shit. I wouldn’t have Wilder, AJ, Golovkin or even Canelo in my top 10. There, I said it!
    Canelo nor Golovkin in the top 10?

Your list is clueless without seeing it ()
    What have they done in the last 2 or 3 years apart from fight each other with a bit of Khan/Brook bullying thrown in for good measure?
    For all we know , there could be 3 or 4 guys in the MW & SMW that could beat them. But if you wanna pick it on past glories and celebrity, crack on .
    So there's no middle/supermiddle in your p4p top 10, right? If you don't rate the no.1 and no.2 you clearly can't rate anyone else. Canelo and Golovkin don't need past glories to trump Smith? Jacobs? Charlo? No other middle/supermiddle can hold a candle to either on current form.

You can justify a top ten without Canelo or Golovkin if using potential or styles or your personal favourites, that's fair enough, but there's a reason Golovkin is the best middleweight in the world even if he's past his pomp and a reason Canelo gave him such a great fight.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-18-2018 at 03:36 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

were is Rocky Fielding in the list ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clearly, because from now on the list exists to describe the best fighter who isn’t Rocky Fielding.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Proving my point that after the first 2 or 3, p4p is a meaningless crock of shit. I wouldn’t have Wilder, AJ, Golovkin or even Canelo in my top 10. There, I said it!

What have they done in the last 2 or 3 years apart from fight each other with a bit of Khan/Brook bullying thrown in for good measure?
    For all we know , there could be 3 or 4 guys in the MW & SMW that could beat them. But if you wanna pick it on past glories and celebrity, crack on .
    So there's no middle/supermiddle in your p4p top 10, right? If you don't rate the no.1 and no.2 you clearly can't rate anyone else. Canelo and Golovkin don't need past glories to trump Smith? Jacobs? Charlo? No other middle/supermiddle can hold a candle to either on current form.

You can justify a top ten without Canelo or Golovkin if using potential or styles or your personal favourites, that's fair enough, but there's a reason Golovkin is the best middleweight in the world even if he's past his pomp and a reason Canelo gave him such a great fight.
    There's no MW's on my list, But why would there be no SMW's ? has Canelo suddenly become the best in the Division has he? We don't know if Canelo or an aged GGG are the best MW's around because there is nothing in the last 2 or 3 years to gauge against.
    Nowadays, they MIGHT be #3 & #4 in the division, we just don't know.
    Canelo , to be fair to him , at the moment would scrape into my top 10 , because he beat GGG , whether people like that or not.
    please don't ask me to name my top 10 p4p, because I can't be fucked to spend time on something I see as a complete waste of time. But off the top of my head, the likes of Crawford, Loma, Usyk ,Inoue , Prograis and the Thai guy in the lower weights with the long name are all above imo. maybe even guys like Santa Cruz and Russell Jr. are all above GGG for definite and Canelo Probably .
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no MW's on my list, But why would there be no SMW's ? has Canelo suddenly become the best in the Division has he? We don't know if Canelo or an aged GGG are the best MW's around because there is nothing in the last 2 or 3 years to gauge against.
    Canelo , to be fair to him , at the moment would scrape into my top 10 , because he beat GGG , whether people like that or not.
    please don't ask me to name my top 10 p4p, because I can't be fucked to spend time on something I see as a complete waste of time. But off the top of my head, the likes of Crawford, Loma, Usyk ,Inoue , Prograis and the Thai guy in the lower weights with the long name are all above imo. maybe even guys like Santa Cruz and Russell Jr. are all above GGG for definite and Canelo Probably .
    As I said, we can pick favourites or styles we prefer but there's no way you can justify 10 over Canelo or Golovkin based on resume without offering up flimsy, hypocritical reasoning, proved by the names you've offered. "The Thai guy" () says it all. You can't honestly pretend to know anything about his opposition if you can't even remember his name. Prograis? Russel Jr? Come on. Even Crawford and Inoue arguably have weaker resumes than both.

And by the way mate i'm not saying your list will be wrong just all lists can be picked apart. It is after all nonsense for boxing nerds hence so-called "experts" pick Wilder and the like.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-19-2018 at 02:33 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    And no Anthony Joshua, who has accomplished far more in a shorter period of time and is a more complete, well-rounded fighter.

This list makes it obvious that some of the people who vote don't know much about boxing.

ESPN Top 10 P4P list
    ESPN has a shitty list. lolololol.....

Disrespect for Crawford is first. Should be #1.

PacMan has NOT died or retired.

Usyk should be #3 or #4.

Garcia, Spence or Wilder should NOT be on the list.

Fury and Joshua should be.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I said, we can pick favourites or styles we prefer but there's no way you can justify 10 over Canelo or Golovkin based on resume without offering up flimsy, hypocritical reasoning, proved by the names you've offered. "The Thai guy" () says it all. You can't honestly pretend to know anything about his opposition if you can't even remember his name. Prograis? Russel Jr? Come on. Even Crawford and Inoue arguably have weaker resumes than both.

And by the way mate i'm not saying your list will be wrong just all lists can be picked apart. It is after all nonsense for boxing nerds hence so-called "experts" pick Wilder and the like.
    I agree with you . it can be picked apart, all lists can. this is why I fucking hate this P4P nonsense. the only use it has is to pick the best boxer in the World regardless of weight , and maybe 2nd or 3rd. but beyond that , it's fucking ridiculous .
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information