Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default interesting article about GGG's legacy

Quite an interesting article here, the author has done their research, though his conclusions are obviously his own .......

https://thegruelingtruth.net/boxing/...by-the-system/
    Last edited by Memphis; 01-03-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: interesting article about GGG's legacy

I've seen links to this article but not read it yet. I cant wait for Ron's take
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Quite an interesting article here, the author has done their research, though his conclusions are obviously his own .......

https://thegruelingtruth.net/boxing/unfulfilled-potential-how-gennady-golovkin-was-screwed-by-the-system/
    didn't read it all, but got the gist of it. It appeared to be a very lop-sided report in favour of GGG. even to the extent that "although GGG lost to Canelo on paper, because most people thought he won, he would be the People's champion, Like Ali. and Canelo wouldn't be able to increase his fanbase like GGG.
    Funny really, because now Canelo has signed the biggest contract in Boxing History , whereas GGG is still treading water and his plans are very Sketchy.
    Hey, I didn't see much wrong with either result, others clearly did, But I certainly don't think it was the robbery of the century !
    GGG made a deal with the devil and sold his soul. then he couldn't cope with it.
    And the thing that pisses me off more than anything , is that GGG is STILL hanging on and begging for some crumbs from team Canelo in the form of a rematch.
    Team GGG have made some poor decisions of late and can't live with it. too fucking bad I say!
    This isn't some hater writing this , I'm a fucking fan of his and certainly not a fan of Canelo.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn’t make it through it because the writer didn’t seem to know what he was talking about. Yes, he knew about the fights GGG couldn’t get but he doesn’t mention ALL or ANY of the wrong fights he tried to make or the big fight he refused.

I agree with the point early that GGG became bigger in his “loss” to Canelo. People know who won. And this has always been my gripe with GGG....make big fights, forget about chasing dollars, if you make big fights the dollars will come. But dude has spent his whole career thirsty and it has screwed him, can’t play the victim if you create the situation.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG was the much bigger and natural middleweight against Canelo and should have knocked him out..shame that he couldn’t achieve this.

He now has no belts and is just begging on the sidelines for a third fight..a guy like GGG should have never been in this situation.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    GGG was the much bigger and natural middleweight against Canelo and should have knocked him out..shame that he couldn’t achieve this.

He now has no belts and is just begging on the sidelines for a third fight..a guy like GGG should have never been in this situation.
    GGG I highly doubt is naturally bigger. Canelo is almost for sure bigger. I can’t imagine that Canelo doesn’t walk around at a higher weight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were some good points raised and overall I liked the guys style of writing, but then it went a bit weird half way through and we fell though some sort of black hole on to an alternate time line. When we came out the other end, GGG is the greatest fighter that ever lived. Strange.

There were better fights to be made for sure, some GGG was in no way at fault, some he was. It wasn't ever as desperate as Amir Khan following Floyd/Manny around for a hundred years begging for a fight, but he did tread a lot of water for the Canelo fights when there were plenty of options out there.

I don't buy the narrative that if he takes those other options he still gets the big paydays. He either wins those other fights, in which case he pushes the big one further away, or he trips up and the big one either disappears entirely, bullet dodged stuff, or his bargaining position takes a sizeable hit.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

GGG I highly doubt is naturally bigger. Canelo is almost for sure bigger. I can’t imagine that Canelo doesn’t walk around at a higher weight.

This has been the case all along.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard GGG has signed with DAZN, I'd expect Canelo/ GGG III to be the next fight for both.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I heard GGG has signed with DAZN, I'd expect Canelo/ GGG III to be the next fight for both.
    It’s so disappointing that there are other great MWs that could take over the weight class but these two are holding it hostage.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s so disappointing that there are other great MWs that could take over the weight class but these two are holding it hostage.
    The other fuckers should fight one another then and stop waiting then.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They are

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are
    Good then stop moaning and get yourself into the next best position.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are
    Good then stop moaning and get yourself into the next best position.
    They have earned their shot and neither Canelo or GGG wants to give them their shots. Canelo because he is scared to fight other top middleweights. That’s why he fought a super middleweight instead of fighting a top middleweight. GGG is on the tail end of his career and is just making a cash grab by keep fighting Canelo.

It’s very obvious that neither wants to fight anybody else.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said after the first fight there was no need for a rematch. By crawling back for another go GGG has demeaned himself. The first fight was decisive and clear and he could have left Canelo and gone for the respect by fighting others. Now 2 years older he is still desperate for a decision they have no intention of giving. I like GGG but this is turning into a futile end of career run. Great for his bank balance but he plays into Canelo's hands every time he validates the previous fights by agreeing to another.

Thread Information