Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing weirdos- Do you like the ring introductions?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing weirdos- Do you like the ring introductions?

If there is one part of the boxing fight night procession I like is the ring introductions... and the longer, more drawn out and the more it celebrates the fighter and his accomplishments, the better.

I love to see them hear their accomplishments being rolled off and them getting amped up/excited over it. It is a great, great moment.

PS: I dislike the reading of the scorecards, though. Too tense for me. Plus as of late the shitty decisions have been giving me knots on my stomach. I don't like the let downs of robberies....

I prefer to read about the results than to hear them read out live. That's just me. I have been known to switch the fight off once the last round is done....

As you can imagine, I missed the Charlo/Harrison result and also the Horn/Manny results.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing weirdos- Do you like the ring introductions?

I don’t care about any of it. I don’t like ring entrances or national anthems. I think announcing the fighters name and record is good and what title is being fought for is good. Other than that, let’s just get to the fight.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like it when rappers hold their belts for them

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I like it when rappers hold their belts for them
    lol.... PS: I hate the live songs during the ring-walk. Does not do the song justice, neither does it add to the flavour.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I don’t care about any of it. I don’t like ring entrances or national anthems. I think announcing the fighters name and record is good and what title is being fought for is good. Other than that, let’s just get to the fight.
    You have no imagination or spirit. Your Missus must be a happy woman with your brand of romanticism.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I like the intros and the build. Records, crowd reaction and face off all add to the ding of the opening bell hopeful combustion about to go down. Ring walks are really hit or miss but can at times make the package of the individual fighter. Benn entering with that deafening toll or Eubank in some sedate stone statue strut over the rope, Tyson with the fast all business walk complete with towel, Tua and his Samoan conk shell caravan, Hatton and blue moon, Hopkins early on with the two hooded executioners axes in hand or Jorge Paez entering in god knows WHAT including a complete wedding dress with veil. Networks and promotion are out to make a show of it and showmanship..in moderation ..can make that fan impact. As long as it's about getting to the ring rather than loooong drawn out laser light shows standing in the entrance forever, it can work. Unfortunately now we see far too many shitty rappers yelling on half blown mics and dozens of hangers on clamoring to carry a trinket for the actual fighter of the hour.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one in creed 2 was quality but in real life I hate the ceremony. AJ and his fireworks is crap, just get on with the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this? Horse has to be under serious control . Wasn't there one who had a tiger in a cage .

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind the intros but could do without the anthems and 30 odd people in the ring.

That guy Denys Berinchyk has some crazy ring entrances. Here's 1 of them:

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't take much notice of intros anymore but back in the day before I knew boxing was a shitty corrupt business instead of a sport I loved it so much i'd get nervous with excitement and anticipation during the ring walks and intros.

They're definitely integral to the show, especially these modern day stadiums with all the pyro-fireworks and booming sounds.

Wlad's RHCP entrance and George Groves Prodigy have been recent favourites.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I don't take much notice of intros anymore but back in the day before I knew boxing was a shitty corrupt business instead of a sport I loved it so much i'd get nervous with excitement and anticipation during the ring walks and intros.

They're definitely integral to the show, especially these modern day stadiums with all the pyro-fireworks and booming sounds.

Wlad's RHCP entrance and George Groves Prodigy have been recent favourites.
    tbf , Groves is a master at it. How he walked in real fast to Fire Starter was very clever and suited it to a tee. fuck me, he's even come in on a London bus!
    I heard that part of the contract was that a certain amount had to be spent on the ringwalk! priceless! sums it all up.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeh I like the intros and the build. Records, crowd reaction and face off all add to the ding of the opening bell hopeful combustion about to go down. Ring walks are really hit or miss but can at times make the package of the individual fighter. Benn entering with that deafening toll or Eubank in some sedate stone statue strut over the rope, Tyson with the fast all business walk complete with towel, Tua and his Samoan conk shell caravan, Hatton and blue moon, Hopkins early on with the two hooded executioners axes in hand or Jorge Paez entering in god knows WHAT including a complete wedding dress with veil. Networks and promotion are out to make a show of it and showmanship..in moderation ..can make that fan impact. As long as it's about getting to the ring rather than loooong drawn out laser light shows standing in the entrance forever, it can work. Unfortunately now we see far too many shitty rappers yelling on half blown mics and dozens of hangers on clamoring to carry a trinket for the actual fighter of the hour.
    I agree. They are overdoing it with the long, shitty light shows. A little, yes... But these guys take WAY too long to get to the fucking ring when they have these long and unnecessary catwalks!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the whole pageantry thing, especially for the big title fights. Entrances, anthems, the whole deal. To me it builds the electricity before a big fight.

Too much of a good thing is bad, though..... and I used to get worn out just watching Naz's interminable magic carpet ride into the ring.

Then there's poor Usman Ahmed of dancing fame, who spent what seemed like 15 minutes dancing into the ring, and a few seconds in the ring before getting KTFO'ed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s weird that so many people like the whole thing. I guess that’s why it continues to take 30 minutes for the fight to start. It doesn’t hype me up at all. It bored me and almost makes me stop caring about the fight. If I can record the fight, it’s great because I can just skip right to the fight. If I can’t, I generally am up doing something until the fight actually starts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali Vs Sam Peter ring intro the best I've seen. Groves stipulating froch had to spend a min of 15k on the ring entrance for the rematch was a quality idea

Thread Information