Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Those amazing workers i mentioned have only gone and pulled a huge white cover over the south of England.
    Must have done it straight after the dark one with stars on replaced the blue one they used all day yesterday.

Clever fuckers

Hey @smashup how is gas pressure (like our pressurized atmosphere) created?

Here I'll help you out:

Remember what science is?

So where can we observe gas pressure being created in the natural world without a container?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Those amazing workers i mentioned have only gone and pulled a huge white cover over the south of England.
    Must have done it straight after the dark one with stars on replaced the blue one they used all day yesterday.

Clever fuckers

Here I'll help you out:

So where can we observe gas pressure being created in the natural world without a container?

Alpha brother..... if you were really arguing in good faith, you'd acknowledge certain things that have been said or brought up to you, instead of conveniently choosing to ignore them as you see fit.

I've explained the pressure issue to you backwards and forwards, but you keep on harping about container to whoever will listen.

You don't believe in gravity.... fine. We can do this without gravity.

Air has a density. According to you, it's what makes things fall (the scientific world disagrees, but let's proceed).

As the dense air stays close to the ground, it creates pressure. With me so far?

As you go up in altitude, the density of air, or number of air molecules in a given volume, decreases. This occurs in a pressure gradient. No walls.... no containers.... no giant tank or dome.

At some point, there is very little air in the space (I know you don't like that word, but it's the only one that fits at the moment).

Very few air molecules, very little air pressure.

Finally, there is an absence of air, thus creating the lack of pressure. A vacuum, if you will.

Why doesn't the high pressure air rush to take the space of the low pressure air, you ask?

Density.

That magical "force" that makes things fall.

But whatever bro. Had a few minutes to kill before breakfast and thought I'd give it another futile shot.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Clever fuckers

Here I'll help you out:

Alpha brother..... if you were really arguing in good faith, you'd acknowledge certain things that have been said or brought up to you, instead of conveniently choosing to ignore them as you see fit.

I've explained the pressure issue to you backwards and forwards, but you keep on harping about container to whoever will listen.

Air has a density. According to you, it's what makes things fall (the scientific world disagrees, but let's proceed).

As the dense air stays close to the ground, it creates pressure. With me so far?

As you go up in altitude, the density of air, or number of air molecules in a given volume, decreases. This occurs in a pressure gradient. No walls.... no containers.... no giant tank or dome.

At some point, there is very little air in the space (I know you don't like that word, but it's the only one that fits at the moment).

Finally, there is an absence of air, thus creating the lack of pressure. A vacuum, if you will.

Why doesn't the high pressure air rush to take the space of the low pressure air, you ask?

Density.

But whatever bro. Had a few minutes to kill before breakfast and thought I'd give it another futile shot.
    Tito you are making a reification fallacy. How is the gas pressure created? Let me put it here again:

The pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS of its CONTAINER. This is basic science. You are making an assertion that gas pressure can be created without a container. So show me where we can observe this in nature. Show me a practical demonstration of this happening.

And again you are making another assertion that a higher pressure energy will not move to the negative energy of a vacuum. So show me where we can observe this in nature. Show me a practical demonstration of this happening.

You bring up gravity again, so where can we observe mass attracting to mass in the natural world.

I am using real science, all you are bringing is pseudoscience.

Question Tito: if you take 10 pounds of 1 substance in one hand, and 10 pounds of another substance in the other hand, and drop them at the same time, what will happen?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clever fuckers

Here I'll help you out:

Density.

Tito you are making a reification fallacy. How is the gas pressure created? Let me put it here again:

The pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS of its CONTAINER. This is basic science. You are making an assertion that gas pressure can be created without a container. So show me where we can observe this in nature. Show me a practical demonstration of this happening.

And again you are making another assertion that a higher pressure energy will not move to the negative energy of a vacuum. So show me where we can observe this in nature. Show me a practical demonstration of this happening.

You bring up gravity again, so where can we observe mass attracting to mass in the natural world.

I am using real science, all you are bringing is pseudoscience.

Question Tito: if you take 10 pounds of 1 substance in one hand, and 10 pounds of another substance in the other hand, and drop them at the same time, what will happen?

Ok Alpha. If it makes you happy you're using "real science" and I'm using "pseudoscience".

Now..... for the umpteenth time, explain to us why air pressure decreases with altitude, and what is your "scientific" explanation as to what happens when you extrapolate that altitude to the point of near zero pressure.

If you want you can even cut/paste that neat little Wikipedia screen shot of the different sciences. Just give us an explanation.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 02-17-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know I'm pissing into the wind here, but here's a neat little graph

This quantifies the air pressure gradient as you go up in altitude.

But I know what you're thinking. How could there be air pressure at all if there's not some sort of container wall or something against which to pressurize.

I've got that problem all solved for you.

See that thick black line at 30 km? THAT'S the wall against which the air is pressurized. Eureka!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito, how is gas pressure created?

The pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS of its CONTAINER. Are you disputing this?

You making an assertion does not make it a scientific fact. Where do we see gas pressure being created in nature without a container? Provide a practical demonstration.

Your little images are great, but you are ignoring the fact that the pressure has already been created. Right? AIR PRESSURE. Again, The pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS of its CONTAINER. I wonder why you left out that last word in your reply. So for the umpteenth time, show to us how we create gas pressure without a container.

I have already explained to you that the atmospheric gradient works on temperature. The denser gases are near the surface causing the temperature to increase. Hot goes to cold, higher energy goes to lower.

Gas pressure will always have higher energy than the negative energy of a vacuum. Without a barrier, the higher energy gas will fill the volume of the lower energy vacuum. This is also basic science. Again if you are disputing this then you will need to provide where we can observe the opposite of this happening in nature. Or a practical demonstration.

If you believe it's gravity holding the atmosphere to the earth, then tell us where we can observe gravity (mass attracting to mass) in the natural world.

Assertions need to be proved scientifically, otherwise they are just beliefs and pseudoscience. Science isn't based on explanations or stories it's based on empirical data. Is physical evidence not a standard we should adhere to?

I'll also ask again, if you take 10 pounds of 1 substance in one hand, and 10 pounds of another substance in the other hand, and drop them at the same time, what will happen?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alpha are you from Kansas? See if you can make it through this one

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS of its CONTAINER. Are you disputing this?

Are you disputing the existence of atmospheric pressure? Where's the "container" for that? I already gave you an out (that thick black line at 30 km), but you didn't take it.

I have already explained to you that the atmospheric gradient works on temperature. The denser gases are near the surface causing the temperature to increase. Hot goes to cold, higher energy goes to lower.

Pressure Alpha. Pressure. You left out the word "pressure" from your statement. Atmospheric PRESSURE gradient. Are you again denying the existence of atmospheric pressure? If so, what do those little round gauges measure? What do manometers measure? "Denser gases near the surface cause the temperature to increase." Classic. Do us all a favor. Stick to voodoo magic and leave engineering and science to the rest of us.

I'll also ask again, if you take 10 pounds of 1 substance in one hand, and 10 pounds of another substance in the other hand, and drop them at the same time, what will happen?

I skipped through the rest of the gobbledygook nonsense to get to this question, so that you don't continue to ask repeatedly.

Answer: Provided the opposing (to gravity) air resistance forces are equal in both, they'll both fall with the same velocity and acceleration toward the ground. F=ma In this case F would be the force of gravity minus the air resistance forces opposing it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://physics.stackexchange.com/qu...ut-a-container

Here's your question answered again.

But I fully expect you to continue to parrot your cult-like proclamations. Then you say WE'RE the ones who are brainwashed.

C'mon man...
    Last edited by TitoFan; 02-18-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you disputing the existence of atmospheric pressure? Where's the "container" for that? I already gave you an out (that thick black line at 30 km), but you didn't take it.

How is that pressure created Tito? You are ignoring the scientific fact that the pressure of a gas is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS of its CONTAINER.

Pressure Alpha. Pressure. You left out the word "pressure" from your statement. Atmospheric PRESSURE gradient. Are you again denying the existence of atmospheric pressure? If so, what do those little round gauges measure? What do manometers measure? "Denser gases near the surface cause the temperature to increase." Classic. Do us all a favor. Stick to voodoo magic and leave engineering and science to the rest of us.

Yes Tito, we already went through this, it's based on a density gradient, the denser gases fall to the surface, increasing the pressure, which increases the temperature, causing the higher energy to rise to the lower energy above. The fact remains that "gas pressure" is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS of its CONTAINER. I am not denying that we have atmospheric pressure, I am denying your claim that we can create pressure without a container. And again you would need to provide a practical demonstration of this.

I skipped through the rest of the gobbledygook nonsense to get to this question, so that you don't continue to ask repeatedly.

Answer: Provided the opposing (to gravity) air resistance forces are equal in both, they'll both fall with the same velocity and acceleration toward the ground. F=ma In this case F would be the force of gravity minus the air resistance forces opposing it.
    So are you saying both substances would fall?

As to the link you provided, a gas is described as a large number of particles, all of which are in constant, rapid, random motion. The randomness arises from the particles' many collisions with each other and with the walls of the container. You can't just claim the air we are breathing in the atmosphere, as that is what we are disputing. The fact that we can't create gas pressure without a container. And we can't touch on space and stars yet, because we haven't settled the gas pressure situation, which is a problem in itself for 'space'.

Again all I see are explanations and assertions, so us a practical demonstration of this happening.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why are you guys still bothering

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Good Point.

Fuck it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

I'm a half-breed.

Half social worker..... half hopeless masochist..... half eternal optimist..... half fierce technical person.

Yes.... that's more than two halves..... but then I also believe the Earth is round.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YouTube to blame for rise in flat Earth believers, says study

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techa...p&pfr=1#page=2
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information