Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do people call Floyd Mayweather a coward?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people call Floyd Mayweather a coward?

My opinion but only little men on keyboards call other men in the ring cowards. Now a clown, horses arse or opportunist? Sure, but unless I'm getting punched in the face year after year by pros and doing the work for a living coward is a bit silly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The top fighters have always called the shots. I’m not saying it’s right, but that’s how it is. The difference is that Floyd wasn’t given everything at the beginning of his career. He did fight who he needed to and called out fighters who didn’t want to fight him. It wasn’t until after the de la Hoya fight that he started demanding more.

Honestly, sugar Ray Robinson threatened to pull out of fights the hour of because he wanted more money. He was as much of a diva as Floyd but since it was so long ago, we just let it go. And Floyd wasn’t like Canelo to where he was just given everything from the start of his career. He worked up to it.

There are guys he could have fought, but I always say that there is nobody that he avoided that I think was that big of deal. The bigger fights he missed I don’t think were his fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Um... I was at the fight and he was just noticeably taller. Marquez weighed in at 150 before the fight unofficially, Mayweather at most has come in at 150 for a fight. Mayweather’s size didn’t win him the fight.
    And why wouldn't Mayweather weigh in on fight day?

Because the result would reveal that he does re-hydrate into the 160s. He wants to keep the myth going. He a fraud in multiple ways.

Mayweather never came in close to weighing at 160 or even 154. Even when he fought at junior middleweight. The last time they showed the weigh pre fight for Floyd was against Ortiz and he was 150. That was 3 years after his Marquez fight. Mayweather weighed similar vs Baldomir(149), Judah(146), and Mitchell(14 as well which I believe are the only other fights they showed his fight night weight. So saying he ever went up to 160 is not only nonsensical but also ineffective. He used speed not strength to beat Marquez. Height did help negate right hands, but he just outboxed Marquez comprehensively. Hatton however did balloon up to 160 vs collazo and started his career 10 pounds north of Floyd. Floyd just obviously didn’t feel like cutting weight, but Marquez and Hatton didn’t cut weight either.

Thread Information