Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people call Floyd Mayweather a coward?

Share/Bookmark
    sterling96 Guest

Default Why do people call Floyd Mayweather a coward?

People have been calling Floyd Mayweather a coward for over 10 years

I think it started on ESPN. But he beat Pacquiao and is retired now so why do people still call him a chicken or coward?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people call Floyd Mayweather a coward?

I think it’s solely due to his views on quantum mechanics. Talk about cutting corners.....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bitter.

It’s just one word.

“He ran..he stole the fight..he’s not a real fighter.”

Floyd never said “No Mas” in his entire career.

50-0 accept it and move on.

Floyd is retired and it will take years for everyone (even Master) to accept his skills in the ring.

Couldn’t careless about about the foolish things he does outside of the ring..not interested in that.

Roach is praying for another payday..never going to happen.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He avoided prime fighters (Williams, Margarito, Forrest), with some he waited until they faded (Pacquiao, Mosley, De La Hoya).

He always demanded home advantage.

He always fought at his most comfortable weight (demanded 147 against men from smaller divisions like Hatton who fought at 140 and JMM who had to move up two weight divisions from 135) yet would never move up from 135 to 140 to face Tszyu, or 130 to 135 to face prime Mosley or De La Hoya, or up one weight division to fight Wright or Forrest).

He's been protected by personal referees (Joe Cortez vs Hatton, Kenny Bayless vs. Maidana).

He fights people from other sports who have never been in a pro boxing match before (McGregor, Nasukawa), demanding boxing rules.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Freedom said. I would not call him a coward more a fraud.

What I would give to see a peak Leonard, Robinson or Hearns slaughter Floyd at welterweight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Go look at Mayweathers record and who he's beaten then look at the amount of weight divisions (5) he's done it at.
    It's not even fucking debatable - Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers in the history of the sport.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    He avoided prime fighters (Williams, Margarito, Forrest), with some he waited until they faded (Pacquiao, Mosley, De La Hoya).

He always demanded home advantage.

He always fought at his most comfortable weight (demanded 147 against men from smaller divisions like Hatton who fought at 140 and JMM who had to move up two weight divisions from 135) yet would never move up from 135 to 140 to face Tszyu, or 130 to 135 to face prime Mosley or De La Hoya, or up one weight division to fight Wright or Forrest).

He's been protected by personal referees (Joe Cortez vs Hatton, Kenny Bayless vs. Maidana).

He fights people from other sports who have never been in a pro boxing match before (McGregor, Nasukawa), demanding boxing rules.
    This guys name should be propaganda because I’ve never seen one honest post from him. Do you all find his lies funny?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am his biggest advocate, but I can see why people were skeptical, at least after his fight with Hatton. After his career, it’s pretty undeniable that he’s had one of the best class of oppositions ever. Sure he fought guys on his terms, but he fought most of his career at his walk around weight, he wasn’t bigger than hatton, and probably weighed in at the same weight as Marquez fight night. Even if Marquez was the larger man he would have been outclassed. I could be wrong, but I believe Floyd fought guys when the fight was most profitable, not based on any other criteria. I mean his two rematches were against unheralded guys who gave him his toughest fights.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd never call any fighter a coward.

There were fights I would have liked to see Floyd make, and am disappointed those fights never came together. But Floyd is far from a coward.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Sure he fought guys on his terms, but he fought most of his career at his walk around weight, he wasn’t bigger than Hatton
    Mayweather was in fact visibly taller and had a much longer reach than Hatton. Mayweather's arms are 26", Hatton's are 22".
    and probably weighed in at the same weight as Marquez fight night. Even if Marquez was the larger man he would have been outclassed. I could be wrong, but I believe Floyd fought guys when the fight was most profitable, not based on any other criteria. I mean his two rematches were against unheralded guys who gave him his toughest fights.
    Floyd couldn't even make the agreed-upon catch-weight of 145 for the JMM fight. Marquez had never fought above 135, Floyd was visibly MUCH bigger than JMM in the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure he fought guys on his terms, but he fought most of his career at his walk around weight, he wasn’t bigger than Hatton
    Mayweather was in fact visibly taller and had a much longer reach than Hatton. Mayweather's arms are 26", Hatton's are 22".
    and probably weighed in at the same weight as Marquez fight night. Even if Marquez was the larger man he would have been outclassed. I could be wrong, but I believe Floyd fought guys when the fight was most profitable, not based on any other criteria. I mean his two rematches were against unheralded guys who gave him his toughest fights.
    Floyd couldn't even make the agreed-upon catch-weight of 145 for the JMM fight. Marquez had never fought above 135, Floyd was visibly MUCH bigger than JMM in the ring.
    Um... I was at the fight and he was just noticeably taller. Marquez weighed in at 150 before the fight unofficially, Mayweather at most has come in at 150 for a fight. Mayweather’s size didn’t win him the fight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed.

If your taller with longer reach than your opponent at the same weight it’s totally unfair.

Who is this joker?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What Freedom said. I would not call him a coward more a fraud.

What I would give to see a peak Leonard, Robinson or Hearns slaughter Floyd at welterweight.
    Fantasy.

It will never ever happen.

Why would you ever think a slaughter would take place against a prime pretty boy version..Floyd could box for 20 rounds.

Accept the fact that Floyd left the sport in a position better than any boxer in the history of the sport..filthy rich and undefeated..and still healthy.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Um... I was at the fight and he was just noticeably taller. Marquez weighed in at 150 before the fight unofficially, Mayweather at most has come in at 150 for a fight. Mayweather’s size didn’t win him the fight.
    And why wouldn't Mayweather weigh in on fight day?

Because the result would reveal that he does re-hydrate into the 160s. He wants to keep the myth going. He a fraud in multiple ways.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    If your taller with longer reach than your opponent at the same weight it’s totally unfair.
    The fight wasn't at Hatton's fighting weight of 140, because Floyd couldn't make 140.

I remember how Teddy Atlas used to disparage the Klitschkos for having a longer reach than some of their opponents. Yet according to HBO, Wlad has the same arm length as Floyd: 26".

Floyd always liked to fight smaller men, getting them to move up in weight, like the little bantamweight Jesus Chavez who was 1-13 when he fought Floyd.

Thread Information