Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cynicism is the new "cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I've been a big cynic at times over the last couple of years. And some of us are just really feckin stubborn. I find that one key thing be it here or in the real world is to 'consider the source'. I have varying degrees of respect for everyone I am familiar and have knocked heads or just shot the shat with on here. We're all human and emotions, a days weight and beliefs spill over as is expected. But at the end of the day when you experience the same personalities over years you come to know what to expect and take it with a grain of salt and keep keeping on. Life's too short to sweat the dumb shit. I'm not even sure what the topic is now or what we're talking about but I'm currently making some killer pork butt. Carry on.

I know big picture this is but a grain of sand in a vast beach, but the time we do spend on here is because we want to... certainly not like other things in life that are obligations. And yes.... "He who is without sin...." and all that. Stubborn, hard-headed, we've all been there done that. But you'd think after exchanging pleasantries, even on a forum, over a period of years, that there would be just a little more empathy and understanding. Personally, I don't get this "I don't get angry" or "insults mean nothing to me" BS. It's empty posturing. If you're made of flesh and blood, and last time I checked all human beings still were, you're going to have emotions. Certain things are going to get under your skin. Kudos to you, personally, and other Mods like Master and Andre (I may have forgotten one or two). You're the ones who tend to keep it mild and lukewarm in here. You leave the fighting and bickering to us plebes. The way it should be in a forum. That's why you guys make the big bucks. And yes, after a certain number of years, you get to know each others' personalities on here and.... just like in a neighborhood bar.... you're gonna like some people and not others. To pretend emotion is not part of a forum is well..... let's just say it's untrue to put it mildly. BTW, I'd offer some seasoning tips on that pork butt, because there's NOTHING like Puerto Rican roast pork..... but I know you guys down in the bayou know all about seasoning.
    Emotions can grab the steering wheel and roll over us too if we let them. Basically to each their own, some people walk around with fire brand in hand and ooze passion and some may just have that investment for much much bigger and deeper things waiting for them when they log off. Real life minute to minute. Drama and our dealings in them that can be controlled..like here, per the individual..is what we all hope for. Frankly this place is easy peasy compared to what life can drop on our heads any given morning. So if someone has that never ending fire in the belly to make a point..all the power to them. And if some keep it in check and let it go in one ear and out the other without too much reaction, emotion etc, all the power to them too. Sometimes the great experience about a forum isn't the opinion or talking points that are constantly rehashed in circles but how we as individuals arrived at them in our very own life experiences. I can disagree with anyone and still share a beer but it's always good to not take ourselves to seriously and remember regardless of what we put out here and years logged, there is a shit ton we know nothing about when it comes to one other. People can disagree and knock heads, some get pissed and some don't but again to each their own. This place is best as a drama free isle. Now if any of you feckers were my next door neighbors and I had no choice in the matter of dealing with you every single morning and evening after a shat day, well that's another story. I admit one or two would have had a metal trash can wrapped around their head years ago .

Did slow cook about 8 hrs. creole spices, brown sugar and a shot of my current adult beverage. Need to get my happy ass to the store for pretzel buns and slaw.
    Well said Spicoli.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been a big cynic at times over the last couple of years. And some of us are just really feckin stubborn. I find that one key thing be it here or in the real world is to 'consider the source'. I have varying degrees of respect for everyone I am familiar and have knocked heads or just shot the shat with on here. We're all human and emotions, a days weight and beliefs spill over as is expected. But at the end of the day when you experience the same personalities over years you come to know what to expect and take it with a grain of salt and keep keeping on. Life's too short to sweat the dumb shit. I'm not even sure what the topic is now or what we're talking about but I'm currently making some killer pork butt. Carry on.

I know big picture this is but a grain of sand in a vast beach, but the time we do spend on here is because we want to... certainly not like other things in life that are obligations. And yes.... "He who is without sin...." and all that. Stubborn, hard-headed, we've all been there done that. But you'd think after exchanging pleasantries, even on a forum, over a period of years, that there would be just a little more empathy and understanding. Personally, I don't get this "I don't get angry" or "insults mean nothing to me" BS. It's empty posturing. If you're made of flesh and blood, and last time I checked all human beings still were, you're going to have emotions. Certain things are going to get under your skin. Kudos to you, personally, and other Mods like Master and Andre (I may have forgotten one or two). You're the ones who tend to keep it mild and lukewarm in here. You leave the fighting and bickering to us plebes. The way it should be in a forum. That's why you guys make the big bucks. And yes, after a certain number of years, you get to know each others' personalities on here and.... just like in a neighborhood bar.... you're gonna like some people and not others. To pretend emotion is not part of a forum is well..... let's just say it's untrue to put it mildly. BTW, I'd offer some seasoning tips on that pork butt, because there's NOTHING like Puerto Rican roast pork..... but I know you guys down in the bayou know all about seasoning.
    Ha! Tito likes pig bum! What a shocker!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Emotions can grab the steering wheel and roll over us too if we let them. Basically to each their own, some people walk around with fire brand in hand and ooze passion and some may just have that investment for much much bigger and deeper things waiting for them when they log off. Real life minute to minute. Drama and our dealings in them that can be controlled..like here, per the individual..is what we all hope for. Frankly this place is easy peasy compared to what life can drop on our heads any given morning. So if someone has that never ending fire in the belly to make a point..all the power to them. And if some keep it in check and let it go in one ear and out the other without too much reaction, emotion etc, all the power to them too. Sometimes the great experience about a forum isn't the opinion or talking points that are constantly rehashed in circles but how we as individuals arrived at them in our very own life experiences. I can disagree with anyone and still share a beer but it's always good to not take ourselves to seriously and remember regardless of what we put out here and years logged, there is a shit ton we know nothing about when it comes to one other. People can disagree and knock heads, some get pissed and some don't but again to each their own. This place is best as a drama free isle. Now if any of you feckers were my next door neighbors and I had no choice in the matter of dealing with you every single morning and evening after a shat day, well that's another story. I admit one or two would have had a metal trash can wrapped around their head years ago .

Did slow cook about 8 hrs. creole spices, brown sugar and a shot of my current adult beverage. Need to get my happy ass to the store for pretzel buns and slaw.
    It’s true spics but when you get people talking namaste but it’s a paper thin and 199 percent bullshit that’s when it’s a bit much. Screw it say what u want but when it is so obviously fake it can’t help but be mocked. Oh yeah it’s just words they have no meaning but those same people when confronted with words they don’t like are on a rampage, although they try to bury it in bullshit and it’s way to obvious. We are social creatures, we communicate with words, so those words had no effect but the send the person who is above such things in a tizzy. Fuck I’ll go on a tizzy, I’m the first to admit it, but I’m not going to pretend I’m above that, hit me on a bad day when I’m dealing with shit, someone comes at me with a garbage and they will get it shoved up their ass
    Ha! Walrus shoves trash up the pipe!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what this thread is about anymore. I think I am cynical.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Ha! Tito likes pig bum! What a shocker!

Don't knock it if you haven't tasted it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Long way of being diplomatic and not wanting to take sides. I get it.

Slow cook is an excellent method. The creole spices sound yummy. Roast pork is a specialty here, though, and highly addictive.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what? Fuck it. You're not worth spending my time on. I come on here to enjoy boxing talk and other subjects of interest. I'm not gonna let you try and ruin the experience for me. I say try because honestly, after a few minutes of annoyance (yes.... some of us humans get annoyed when dealing with characters such as yourself), I blow it off and occupy my mind on other things. But this is going nowhere fast. You've already proven publicly your penchant for exaggerating and twisting other people's comments into what you want them to be. Yet when someone does it to you it's a capital offense. Well, how about this...... if you don't like me or my opinions..... just stay the fuck out of them, unless I do something that violates forum rules. Ok? Capiche? Esta bien? I'll gladly do the same.
    You always say you've had enough when failing to back up the accusations and bullshit.

Same old, same old. After finishing your tantrum you play the butter wouldn't melt in his mouth routine. Tito, such a nice mature guy, never done anything wrong, never causes any trouble. You're exactly the same now as you were 10-15 years ago - the VD days. You have a history littered with complaints and reported posts and Mod intervention going all the way back long before many of your friends were even here.

As I always say, feel free to release your rage on me whenever you please, better me than someone in the real world.

Enjoy the arcade
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-18-2019 at 04:18 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    ha fenster freaks out over a pm I sent him in jest but everyone else just misinterprets his stuff, what a freakin joke. Sure wish someone to die, I don’t give a fuck if you die, whatever, it’s just hypocritical nonsense. And the pm I wrote to him in private he responded to on the open forum, not really a sign of oh it doesn’t matter what people say it’s just words. It’s lije beyond hypocritical but we will get some kind of retort that shows he is a real man and words to bother him, what a joke. Ok let’s here the retort that everyone else is wrong. Funny u brought up that pm long after I wrote it and I have absolutely no idea what I wrote but u remembered it all, even though words don’t mean anything cause brits are cynical and it’s just words they don’t matter. I do remember you said I mentioned CIA or FBI that was just a play on words cause at the time my wife was upgraded her top secret clearance for work and I don’t know how it works in your country but in the US the FBI goes to all your neighbors and former employers to interview them about you. So frankly fenster, I got no issue with you cause u are no body to me, still I’d feel bad for your family and friends if u die. Shit I’ve seen dead bodies of people I never met and I felt bad for them. If u lack empathy which it appears you do it might actually make life a little easier but certainly self centered but fuck it right, you are god cause everyone who believes in god is a moron as you have said.
    Do I remind you of that little Afghany kid who stole your favourite hot chocolate? I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings either Walrus whilst shooting at you.

Tell that story again, it was a rare thing you wrote worth reading.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evidence suggests there are 5 steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing and stop being a cynical cunt.

1. Connect – connect with the people around you: your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Spend time developing these relationships.

2. Be active – you don’t have to go to the gym. Take a walk, go cycling or play a game of football. Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life.

3. Keep learning – learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence. So why not sign up for that cooking course, start learning to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike?

4. Give to others – even the smallest act can count, whether it’s a smile, a thank you or a kind word. Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can improve your mental wellbeing and help you build new social networks.

5. Be mindful – be more aware of the present moment, including your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you. Some people calls this awareness ‘mindfulness’. It can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think there is a huge amount of mistranslated intent here and not just a little projection either. Fenster can be an arrogant cunt but the idea that he is seething with anger about anything someone else has posted, is not really born out in his posting. I don't think most people are trying to be cool either, that just isn't on the radar on a forum like this where being the coolest dude would not really amount to a hill of beanz anyhoos. There are of course insults, and observations that are taken as insults, but then there are personal things and those that go over the line. Wishing death on posters has gone on since the day I joined, often by the same people asking for it to be a banning offence whilst threatening to top themselves.

The Des thread situation could easily have been avoided if people had not assumed the worst of all posters who did not subscribe 100% to their own very personal world view. That is the premise on which it was started, the idea that other posters were such low disgusting human beings there would be no depravity or abusive situation they would refuse to defend. That is the long and short of it. To be honest I log in every day to 20 dislikes from posts made months ago and have been called the most heinous things, including worse than somebody who drills holes in children's heads, so I am not sure there is anything that can be done on a forum in which people like that are given free reign. It is part of the 'Freedom' to post relatively unmoderated I suppose.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Evidence suggests there are 5 steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing and stop being a cynical cunt.

1. Connect – connect with the people around you: your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Spend time developing these relationships.

2. Be active – you don’t have to go to the gym. Take a walk, go cycling or play a game of football. Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life.

3. Keep learning – learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence. So why not sign up for that cooking course, start learning to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike?

4. Give to others – even the smallest act can count, whether it’s a smile, a thank you or a kind word. Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can improve your mental wellbeing and help you build new social networks.

5. Be mindful – be more aware of the present moment, including your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you. Some people calls this awareness ‘mindfulness’. It can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.
    1. I have no family or friends.
    2. I can't walk.
    3. Physical activity is virtually impossible and it's extremely tiring dealing with simple day-to-day affairs like eating and drinking.
    4. I can barely afford to eat and get constant threats from extortionate rip-off energy companies let alone donate money.
    5. I'm very mindful of everything around me, at any moment one wrong fall could result in death.

1 out of 5.

Although I deserve 5 out of 5 because it's the thought that counts.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you suggesting I told Alpha to kill himself? Ask him and find out thou permanently banned poster that emerged from the dead despite also having his alter ego banned as well. Am I being cynical? You bet!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you suggesting I told Alpha to kill himself? Ask him and find out thou permanently banned poster that emerged from the dead despite also having his alter ego banned as well. Am I being cynical? You bet!
    Not at all. I certainly did not urge Alpha to kill himself and I did not for one moment suggest you did either. For years you have threatened to top yourself and then when it has went quiet and I have asked people to forward my concern it turns out you were posturing all along. After literally years of it, and then threatening to sue the forum etc, me wishing in jest, 'you would just get on with it', gets twisted into wishing death on you. Daft load of bollocks. I wish harm on nobody here.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Not at all. I certainly did not urge Alpha to kill himself and I did not for one moment suggest you did either. For years you have threatened to top yourself and then when it has went quiet and I have asked people to forward my concern it turns out you were posturing all along. After literally years of it, and then threatening to sue the forum etc, me wishing in jest, 'you would just get on with it', gets twisted into wishing death on you. Daft load of bollocks. I wish harm on nobody here.
    Wishing death on posters by the same people who threaten to top themselves is what you said and that means me as I am the suicide king of this forum. Now blabbering about suing the forum? Stay out of my face. Prick.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Wishing death on posters by the same people who threaten to top themselves is what you said and that means me as I am the suicide king of this forum. Now blabbering about suing the forum? Stay out of my face. Prick.

Stop it guys. It was me.

Yes, I admit it. I wrote that post that Fenster brought up where I said Alpha was slightly unhinged about the Flat Earth thing, so............. in "Fenster-ese", that would translate into me being the one who told Alpha to kill himself.

There..... the secret's out.

Now we can all go back to agreeing with me on transgenderism.

Thread Information