Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canelo-Jacobs / May 4th Las Vegas / WHO WINS (poll)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo-Jacobs / May 4th Las Vegas / WHO WINS (poll)

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Another good thing about this fight is it forces GGG to look elsewhere. Get over the two robberies, Gennady. There's other fish in the middleweight seas.
    True, but he'll get sh-t for Brant or Andrade. Smith at 168?

I would love to see him face Derevyanchenko, but along with Saunders it's high risk, low reward.

How about Charlo? That seems the name that would get him the most $$$ of the three (vs Brant or Andrade). I don't know about him moving to 168. He's been cemented at middleweight for like forever... and at this age it seems unlikely he'd make a move up and be successful. Most elite 168-pounders I believe wreck him. Agree on Dere and Saunders being hi-risk, lo-reward. I'd go for Charlo if I was him.
    Yea I wouldn't mind Charlo, but I feel he owes Korobov a rematch (doubt that happens tho).
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another good thing about this fight is it forces GGG to look elsewhere. Get over the two robberies, Gennady. There's other fish in the middleweight seas.

I would love to see him face Derevyanchenko, but along with Saunders it's high risk, low reward.

How about Charlo? That seems the name that would get him the most $$$ of the three (vs Brant or Andrade). I don't know about him moving to 168. He's been cemented at middleweight for like forever... and at this age it seems unlikely he'd make a move up and be successful. Most elite 168-pounders I believe wreck him. Agree on Dere and Saunders being hi-risk, lo-reward. I'd go for Charlo if I was him.
    Yea I wouldn't mind Charlo, but I feel he owes Korobov a rematch (doubt that happens tho).

You're probably right on that, but I'm looking at it from the GGG age factor point of view. GGG will be 37 in a couple of months, and middleweight isn't like the heavies, where you can apparently fight into your 40's. The clock is ticking and GGG should be anxious to leave the Canelo fiascos in the rearview mirror. If he really wants one or two more big money fights before retiring, Charlo makes all the sense in the world. Charlo can always rematch Korobov later down the road.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn’t mind if he fought Andrade. Brant would be a big disappointment. I’m actually prepared for GGG to take an easy fight in hopes that he gets to fight the winner of Canelo and Jacobs. GGG probably won’t risk it against Charlo, Saunders, or Derevyanchenko. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo KO.
    Why do you think that Canelo will KO Jacobs? Do you think that Jacobs is just past his prime so he won’t be able to get out of the way of shots? Or do you think he will just try to make it a fire fight and get caught? Or do you think that Canelo is just that good?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what we all need and want. Credit to Canelo..that hurt my head..for the direction but hey that's what we should expect from all top tier fighters. But lets just hope all comes off as planned and no BS. I like Canelo right now but Danny has that straight punching down the middle speed size and pop that Canelo has not looked great against frankly. But chins . Damn fine fight.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Canelo KO.
    Why do you think that Canelo will KO Jacobs? Do you think that Jacobs is just past his prime so he won’t be able to get out of the way of shots? Or do you think he will just try to make it a fire fight and get caught? Or do you think that Canelo is just that good?
    No I have said on here recently that Jacobs is arguably the #1 middleweight at the moment, so you won't get any excuses from me about Jacobs being past it, I do however feel Canelo has 'grown' from strength to strength in recent years (there could be many arguments as to why this has happened), and he seems to improve as a fighter with each outing. Don't get me wrong, this is a dangerous fight for both guys, I just feel Canelo is at his peak, and has the tools to take Danny apart. Although I'm calling Canelo KO, I think it will be late in the fight, maybe around the 10th or 11th.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're probably right on that, but I'm looking at it from the GGG age factor point of view. GGG will be 37 in a couple of months, and middleweight isn't like the heavies, where you can apparently fight into your 40's. The clock is ticking and GGG should be anxious to leave the Canelo fiascos in the rearview mirror. If he really wants one or two more big money fights before retiring, Charlo makes all the sense in the world. Charlo can always rematch Korobov later down the road.
    Personally I think GGG needs to make a statement with his opponent choice, for me that would be Derevyanchenko. I would also be happy with Smith at 168.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see it being close due to Jacob's movement but Canelo takes it on points and proves himself further as the top MW.
    Hope so anyway.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surely Draw and fishnet and Silver Spoon are the same thing?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good work from alvarez fighting the best around. Jacobs looked to tire fairly badly v the Polish chap a couple of fights ago, pretty sure that will have given golden boy the motivation to take him on, risky move for him but if he's guaranteed the money from dazn this could work out great for us viewers...I suspect jacobs tires later on as he did v the pole (I rarely attempt to spell polish names:S), and couple that with alvarezs world class body attacks (fielding arms were getting pretty badly bruised from the assault in december) then I think jacobs is going to suffer a stoppage later on... he could certainly win though but I just think alvarez has improved a lot since that he first golovkin fight .

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs by late TKO or KO.... 9, 10 or 11....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just thinking, Canelo can now take as much risk as he wants because he is locked in to a contract while making a ton of money. He can lose his next ten fights and he will still make his money. That’s the best situation a fighter can be in. He can take all the risk without having to risk his money.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just thinking, Canelo can now take as much risk as he wants because he is locked in to a contract while making a ton of money. He can lose his next ten fights and he will still make his money. That’s the best situation a fighter can be in. He can take all the risk without having to risk his money.

You'd think so, right? But as you said..... Canelo's locked into a contract where he's already guaranteed tons of money. Now he's in a win-win. His money is secure..... AND.... he doesn't have to abandon his "protect the 0" strategy. Putting Canelo and "risk" in the same sentence is pretty much of an oxymoron. Yeah, so he finally caved and agreed to face GGG when the pressure became too great for him to avoid it anymore, but how did he follow that up? By picking off easy prey Fielding with the added bonus of winning another useless division title. Kudos to him and his Marination Team for surprisingly agreeing to face Jacobs.... but don't expect Canelo to all of a sudden turn "risk-taker", the total opposite of how he's built his career.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'd think so, right? But as you said..... Canelo's locked into a contract where he's already guaranteed tons of money. Now he's in a win-win. His money is secure..... AND.... he doesn't have to abandon his "protect the 0" strategy. Putting Canelo and "risk" in the same sentence is pretty much of an oxymoron. Yeah, so he finally caved and agreed to face GGG when the pressure became too great for him to avoid it anymore, but how did he follow that up? By picking off easy prey Fielding with the added bonus of winning another useless division title. Kudos to him and his Marination Team for surprisingly agreeing to face Jacobs.... but don't expect Canelo to all of a sudden turn "risk-taker", the total opposite of how he's built his career.
    But he can turn around a ton of hate if he starts fighting the best. If he beats Jacobs and then GGG convincingly then his career really takes a turn. Then if he could somehow start beating people at 168 he could solidify his position as an ATG. Fortunately for him though, he has nothing to lose because if he really goes for it and loses multiple fights, he still gets all of that money and be able to say he didn’t avoid the best. Basically the money allows him to face whoever he wants without any financial consequences.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty certain the contract doesn't quite work like that, it's based on performance and ratings. So he can't fight 10 Rocky Fieldings to steal the money, because obviously the big names like Jacobs bring in the subscribers, and at the same time if he suffers a bunch of bad losses his drawing power disappears. It's worth hundreds of millions but not guaranteed.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information