Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hearn offers Whyte more than £4 Million to fight AJ next

And now im reading that AJ has made an offer to Miller for a June 1st fight in MSG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony does not have many options, while I hate the division being all about money.
    It is what it is.

Do I see Whyte as a PPV fight, hell no.
    Will it be PPV, why not as this is the trend..

Miller or Whyte, Anthony does not get any prestige from these fights, call out Tyson and Wilder offer 50/50 that is a champ, being a weasle to squeeze a few extra million does no favours.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua: Eddie Hearn admits world heavyweight champion's Wembley date ‘very likely’ to be scrapped

Eddie Hearn has revealed Anthony Joshua‘s date at Wembley Stadium on April 13 is “very likely” to be scrapped after struggling to find an opponent for the unified world heavyweight champion.

AJ signed a two-fight deal last year to fight at Wembley Stadium, the first of which was his knockout win over Alexander Povetkin to retain his WBA Super, IBF and WBO titles.*

But the Matchroom promoter has since struggled to strike a deal with WBC champion Deontay Wilder or a rematch against domestic rival Dillian Whyte off the back of his big 2018.*

And while Hearn insists the date is not 100 per cent off, indications are now pointing towards Whyte, who wants more time to prepare, at an alternative UK venue or Jarrell Miller in New York.

“The main thing is it looks like 13 April is unlikely,” said Hearn told IFL TV.*

“I think Dillian thinks, for a fight like that, he’d want a bit more time.

“So, if we do the Whyte fight, I think we move it to May or June anyway.

“But the Jarrell Miller fight is very close for June at Madison Square Garden.”

Wilder, currently in Atlanta for the Super Bowl, believes his rematch with Tyson Fury is close to being finalised.*

“It’ll be announced real soon,” the 33-year-old said. “Maybe in about two weeks or so it’ll be announced.

“We’re just getting all the little things in order and we’re gonna announce it and have another epic fight.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=spartanntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Promoter Eddie Hearn says Dillian Whyte will likely headline a Sky Sports PPV show on April 20 against one of three possible opponents.

The 30-year-old contender had been in talks with Anthony Joshua for a potential heavyweight title fight at Wembley Stadium, however these negotiations proved difficult and it appears AJ is now headed for a fight with Jarrell Miller instead.

As a result, Hearn is now left plotting Whyte’s next move and it will looks as though we’ll see him thrown into another big bout.

When asked about his plans for April 20, Eddie Hearn told IFLTV: “I think we’ll do a pay-per-view – a heavyweight style night.

“The aim now is for Dillian Whyte to box in April on PPV, but we’ve got to find the right opponent and we’ve got to build the right card.

“We’re talking [Dominic] Breazeale, [Luis] Ortiz, [Alexander] Povetkin, all those big fights – dangerous fights.”

Having failed to agree a fight with WBA, IBF and WBO champion Anthony Joshua, Dillian Whyte may now look to once again attempt a crack at the WBC route through Dominic Breazeale.

Deontay Wilder of course holds the WBC title, but Breazeale is his mandatory and could well get the next shot at the champion after his proposed rematch with Tyson Fury in April/May.

However, if this bout cannot be made then ‘The Body Snatcher’ will be forced to take on another of the division’s top contenders in order to justify a pay-per-view bout.

Eddie Hearn has named Luis Ortiz (only lost to Deontay Wilder) and Alexander Povetkin (only lost to Wladimir Klitschko and Anthony Joshua) as possible boxers to fit this billing.

A win over either Ortiz or Povetkin would solidify Whyte’s position as the top heavyweight in world boxing outside of the big three – Joshua, Wilder and Fury.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...nthony-joshua/

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked Dillian "say it to my face" more than Dillian the business man. Personally i'm glad he swerved the AJ fight, sooner watch him against Ortiz or Povetkin and prefer AJ-Miller.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed with that. In the words of 'Duke', lets go after some new meat. Also, if Dillian beats up Povetkin or Ortiz, he's got a solid claim to the second best resume in heavyweight boxing.

I'm getting bollock bored of these ifl/boxing social bods sticking the same camera in the same faces asking the same questions getting the same answers and then calling it RAW! UNCUT! EXCLUSIVE! Fuck off . I don't want to hear another 'Eddie made a low offer to me/my mate/my fighter'. I also don't want to hear 'We sent offers' from Fast Eddie's gob. Some fucker push these pricks for a bit of elaboration for Christs sake. You would think these he said she said squabbles could be ironed out very quickly if anyone actually wanted them to be. The Wilder 50 gazillion offer for example. Allegedly there's a legal/contractual reason why it could never get off the ground. Assuming that were the case, if I'm Eddie I blow that offer up to the size of a building and get these camera carrying boy's to point their lenses at that for the World to see and embarrass the fuck out of Warren, Wilder, Finkel, Fury and any Tom Dick or Harry who still spews out the 'You turned down 50 mill' party line. Shit or get off the pot gentlemen.

I watched the video beanz posted on Twitter and Joe Bloggs the boxing fans were losing their shit over it. The best interview ever!!!! There was literally no new content in it, none.
    Last edited by Memphis; 02-05-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte angered by AJ message

Dillian Whyte has revealed how Anthony Joshua sent him a private message as talks stalled about a heavyweight rematch at Wembley.

The Brixton man admitted at the weekend that a planned second fight with Joshua was 'dead', with the unified champion now set to agree a title defence against Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden in June, while Whyte intends to face an alternative opponent in April.

But Whyte has described how Joshua stoked up their rivalry with a provocative picture message as they failed to thrash out terms.

"He actually messaged me," Whyte told Sky Sports. "It's childish, do you want to make the fight or not? I just thought to myself, you're just an idiot, you clearly don't want to make the fight.

"I just want a fair crack of the whip, that's all. It's nothing to do with who's boss."

Whyte is now considering a three-man shortlist of Dominic Breazeale, Alexander Povetkin or Luis Ortiz for his next fight at The O2.

Breazeale's status as the WBC's mandatory challenger makes him the current preferred option for Whyte, who expects to learn his opponent by next week.
    "Probably Breazeale or Povetkin, Ortiz, let's see," said Whyte.

"Hopefully we can fight Breazeale, and I'll get to knock him out, and I'll become WBC mandatory.

"The decision is meant to be made this week, or as late as early next week."
    Whyte is also ranked No 1 by the WBO, but promoter Eddie Hearn has admitted Oleksandr Usyk could be installed as WBO mandatory challenger if the undisputed cruiserweight king steps up in weight.

"Who? No-one knows what that guy is," said Whyte. "Nothing surprises me in heavyweight boxing, nothing."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...artanntp&pfr=1

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its all about the dollar now for AJ, according to this hes set to earn a career high of $32 million / £25 million (stumped up by DAZN) to face Miller in NYC.

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-s...efense--136053

Thread Information