Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who uses DAZN?

I've watched fights a few times and really like it, good production and commentary from Brian Kenny & Sugar Ray Leonard.
    Its watchable in the UK through a VPN and a bit of tweaking of your settings and at $9.99 (about £7) per month is amazing value.

Who else uses it and what do you think?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who uses DAZN?

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I've watched fights a few times and really like it, good production and commentary from Brian Kenny & Sugar Ray Leonard.
    Its watchable in the UK through a VPN and a bit of tweaking of your settings and at $9.99 (about £7) per month is amazing value.

I've checked my IPTV a few times but it's not on there yet, I have been tempted to mess about with a VPN to get it but it is too much hard work and I'm lazy

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have it on my box but not used it yet as the fights are normally on Sky.

I would not mind checking DANZ for it's commentary.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sugar Ray Leonard is a crap commentator (I love him as a boxer).

I've seen all the DAZN fights on the normal streaming services.

Every American on here and every fan I ever hear on a podcast says nobody in America has it. A few of the Canadians on here have it though.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-05-2019 at 07:22 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If and when it launches in the UK it'll be interesting to see if they outbid Sky & BT and get the Premiership Footy rights.
    That will be a game changer

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm split on DAZN. It's more boxing..so +1cc. It's also International with looks into guys we otherwise would not see really. I like the pick up of Wangek and love to see more Japanese fighters, branching out. Could go on about loathing streams and how some of these feel 'isolated' and very minimal production. The Miller vs the big fella in Kansas? Really..what was that? I will always prefer and boxing needs a massive wide screen shaking the walls and that unique feel and atmosphere of 'fight night'! Depending on your screen and feed, location it can feel like your watching online courses for professional grass mowing. And too much filler and fluffer between bouts with random chatty chicks and guys talking for no reason. You don't have to carry a good card..keep it moving and keep it fluid. Sergio Mora has grown on me. The other American fella is meh. Oh and the mid day/ evening start times I don't like but I get it with time differences. I do feel it's slipping into some quantity over quality and hope Canelo doesn't suck all of the oxygen and coin out of the room. Gabe Rosado and Soto vs Brandon Rios at 154 in battles of the recyclables aren't really on the must see list. For 10 bucks a month it's close to hbo and Showtime monthly bills.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

I've checked my IPTV a few times but it's not on there yet, I have been tempted to mess about with a VPN to get it but it is too much hard work and I'm lazy
    Haven't you got Novatheme iptv? It's in the PPV section. Basically everything in the world of boxing and MMA is in the PPV section at the weekends.

Bloody iptv comes along and now I have HBO on my telly in HD just as HBO pulls out of boxing. I do get DAZN, Showtime, ESPN and so on along with all the English stuff so now I can choose which feed I want to watch the fights with, the English lot or the American lot. Not bad for a few quid a month even if it's just to see the occasional fights that aren't shown in England.

What was that p2p player called that we used to watch fights on years ago? I remember watching fights like Vazquez Marquez on it and wishing I could watch them on my telly. Soft player? We used to get the links from some site and watch the fights that way. Anybody remember?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dazn is ridiculously good value in Canada... I got it before they made this big boxing deal... It won't last for sure but whilst they are still trying to get famous its such a stupidly good deal you'd be mad not to take it... They have every nfl game, whatever boxing stuff they get, belator, they have the champions league rights for Canada too, KHL, six nations some random rugby stuff... Serie a, Spanish and French league... And a live stream of beinsports :S. They seem to have a good deal with matchroom and pdc darts too, snooker... And it's twenty Canadian quids a month, no way they will keep all this stuff but as it is right now it's the best value sports channel by a huge distance.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seriously good value... i heard that part of the Canelo deal was they'd have loads of Golden boy fights from the past on demand.
    Is that the case?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They don't seem to have a lot of old stuff yet, or maybe they never will or maybe it's just Canada that isn't getting the big back catalogue, us usually gets more stuff on these streaming services than Canada.

They have two or three de la Hoya fights from the old days, a few Mayweather ones too, I actually think more Mayweather fights than de la Hoya(Mayweather v Dr la hiya is on there)... They have most of alvarezs fights from the time he became famous(v Ryan Rhodes and so on). They don't have a proper list on the app or I'd screen shot it.

So Canada doesn't have a big back catalogue yet but there is signs of things being added.

Thread Information