Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam Neeson in racism storm after admitting he wanted to kill a black man

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Neeson in racism storm after admitting he wanted to kill a black man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    40 years ago? He volunteered it and was honest about being a racist asinine young man prone to violence. More importantly admits the errors of his ways, regrets and pulled his head outta his arse now. If a man cant admit fault and change, we're in a bad spot. Plenty of current day clowns walking around who deserve the scrutiny.
    Nothing wrong with sharing his thoughts and feelings but I do not believe him when he claims he would have acted in the same way if his friend's assailant had been white.

I do not see him trying to go out and kill "an Irish, Scot, Brit or a Lithuanian".
    It is what it is , get over it.
    Nothing for me to get over. He should carry on being truthful and not try and cover up what he thought.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Neeson in racism storm after admitting he wanted to kill a black man

40 years ago? He volunteered it and was honest about being a racist asinine young man prone to violence. More importantly admits the errors of his ways, regrets and pulled his head outta his arse now. If a man cant admit fault and change, we're in a bad spot. Plenty of current day clowns walking around who deserve the scrutiny.
    Nothing wrong with sharing his thoughts and feelings but I do not believe him when he claims he would have acted in the same way if his friend's assailant had been white.

I do not see him trying to go out and kill "an Irish, Scot, Brit or a Lithuanian".
    After the rape of a best friend or relative? Dunno bud might be hard to rule anything out if your minds already on beating someone to a pulp.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree. Unfortunately and in hindsight, his mistake was sharing the story at all. By now it should be clear to him as well as to the rest of humanity that any story involving race... regardless of time, circumstances, or other elements.... is basically a call to arms of the different and opposing knee-jerk, extremist fanatics to RUN to their respective battle stations and begin lobbing the usual missiles at each other. BOTH f*cking sides... the victims and the deniers.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After the rape of a best friend or relative? Dunno bud might be hard to rule anything out if your minds already on beating someone to a pulp.
    I think what Master meant is that Neeson just wanted a ruckus there are plenty of white people in Northern Ireland but he would not have been quick to label all white people as deserivng of vengance just because one white bloke was a rapist. Even now in 2019 there is only about 1000 black people in the whole of Northern Ireland so Neeson volunteering that he went into 'black areas of the city so that i could be set upon' sounds a bit like he bought into the all black guys are thugs trope back then. Good on him if he is honest enough to admit he was a dick and has changed, unlike ...many

and I don't want to call shenanigans on the 'Black areas' but thinking he could dish out vengance as a lone white guy in those 'areas' sounds like him believing his own hype.

Phil Lynott, even a smacked out Lynott would have kicked his pasty arse anyhow
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think this story would have gone anywhere if he said "British Soldier, Protestant, Gypsey, etc," it would have just been taken as an admission to behaving in a terrible way as a young man which he now finds shocking.

Everyone wanting him drawn and quartered is definitely a closet racist, regardless of race.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Storm in a teacup.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually know two dads - White and Asian/Pakistani - who said similar things after their kids had been mugged by black gangs. They went out and felt like running over every group of black bods they saw, that's how much a rage they were in after seeing their boys harmed.

Like Neeson they didn't do anything and didn't "openly" hate black people.
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-07-2019 at 03:33 AM.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a normal reaction , its isnt right however it is normal in the heat of the moment.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

40 years ago ffs....

Can anyone honestly say they didn't do or feel things they are now ashamed of in their youth ?

As said above his only mistake is admitting this now - fair play for him to doing so I say.

If it ends his career then it's a sad state of affairs but that's the fucked up PC times we live in
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a pampered, cosseted Hollywood film star who has spent so long being indulged and acting in films that he has lost his sense of reality.

These people do tend to spout some shit, almost as if they have started to believe they really are the film characters they pretend to be.

This is exactly like when that prick Mark Wahlberg said that the 'plane that Al Quaedo crashed into the Pentagon would have been single handedly prevented had he been on board ..... because he is a trained counter terrorist soldier really, not some shitty fucking actor ........

https://www.businessinsider.com/mark-wahlberg-says-he-could-have-stopped-911-2012-1?r=US&IR=T

​Why are these people such fucking deluded cunts?
    Last edited by X; 02-07-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why are multi-millionaire worshiped performers deluded?

I think he sexed up the story to go with his image too. It would have been a bog standard (for these times) "systemic racism" story without him playing on his superhero hardman image by going on the revenge hunt.

He never said where he was either.

If he was living in LA how could he not find a black dude to attack him?
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-07-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I think he sexed up the story to go with his image too. It would have been a bog standard (for these times) "systemic racism" story without him playing on his superhero hardman image by going on the revenge hunt.

Ballymena, Northern Ireland if it was 40 years ago ..surely?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually he might have been in Dublin or even London at the time. Can we rename this emoji as 'The Neeson' ?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Ballymena, Northern Ireland if it was 40 years ago ..surely?
    Did he say Ballymena? I missed that, he's been in Hollywood/American films since his 20s, so wasn't sure. I heard a former British soldier (black) say they were the only black people in NI during the troubles, so he would have needed more than a cosh as he would have shot him.

Thread Information