Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saunders v Isufi WBO super-middleweight belt

Saunders to fight Isufi for vacant WBO super-middleweight belt

Billy Joe Saunders and Shefat Isufi will go head to head for the vacant WBO super-middleweight title on April 13, it has been announced.

Saunders was crowned WBO king at middleweight in late 2015, completing three successful defences of his strap before vacating it in October last year, having failed to receive a licence to box in Boston against Demetrius Andrade.

The Massachusetts State Athletic Commission denied Saunders, who had returned an adverse finding in a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association test two months earlier, a licence, leaving Andrade to overcome Walter Kautondokwa on points to claim the vacant title.

Saunders (27-0) did return to the ring in December after a year out, defeating Charles Adamu in Manchester, and has now set his sights on becoming a two-weight world champion as he prepares to take on Isufi, who has a 27-3-2 career record.

"It is a brilliant opening for me," said Saunders, who will meet Isufi at the SSE Arena, Wembley. "You've got these rumours that Andrade is going for shoulder surgery, as well as the financial side of it with the [purse] split – it all doesn't add up.

"Me winning this super-middleweight title will put me in a great position for unifications with the likes of [WBA super-middleweight champion] Callum Smith, while we've got Chris Eubank boxing James DeGale at the weekend [for the vacant IBO belt].

"There are a lot of big, big fights at this weight, but my real home of homes is middleweight, so I can move down at any time I want and be back as mandatory for my middleweight title and then become a three-time world champion.

"So I am really looking forward to it and Isufi comes as a really stiff test. He is very, very strong and you have to be really switched on and calculating with this sort of opponent.

"He is one of those who, with what he does, he does very, very well when the bell goes.

"He has boxed at light-heavyweight and cruiserweight so he is going to be a big, big lump and I need to make sure I am on it and stay away from those big bombs."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/sau...154856157.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders v Isufi WBO super-middleweight belt

So basically he's doing a Canelo ? with the exception being Saunders desperately needs an empty trinket he can bring to the table. I can't stand bouncing trinket seekers. And who names their poor son Shefat .

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Difference being Canelo has fought good opponents.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Difference being Canelo is a P4P boxing superstar, this prick had a meaningful title fight with Andrade on the table.

Shefat Isufi - anyone on earth who says they didn't have to boxrec him is lying.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ironically it's quite fitting the bully boy is back to chasing Eubank jr for a big fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is this WBO title vacant anyway?

Why were Eubank and Degale not fighting for it?

Really used to like BJS but this drug scandal and the interview with Dom ingle quoting “he perhaps should have read the small print” has ruined it for me.

BJS has been chasing Canelo and GGG for years..why not Danny Jacobs or Andrade?

BJS is not a 168 fighter, either the nasal spray can’t be used anymore or it’s loads of money on the table for a Eubank rematch.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did I ever tell you about the guy who boxed out of the same club as me as a junior? He retired after a dozen fights or so, because he'd 'been with the best and beat the best'. Cunt never boxed outside of Bristol.

I immediately thought of him when Saunders was giving it the big un "I've done all I can to get the Golovkin and Canelo fights" Daft cunt. Apparently he didn't want the short end of the wedge to fight Andrade. Because he'll be making a fucking fortune fighting this bloke. Would love to see Smith batter the prick.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    So basically he's doing a Canelo ? with the exception being Saunders desperately needs an empty trinket he can bring to the table. I can't stand bouncing trinket seekers. And who names their poor son Shefat .

You may just have coined a phrase.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What’s the deal with Andrade? I thought that fight was signed on.....

Thread Information