Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fury-Wilder Off. Who do they fight now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury-Wilder Off. Who do they fight now?

Reality is that rival networks have only ever worked together twice Tyson v Lewis and Floyd v Manny Pac.

The money/interest has to be at that "off the planet" level and I do not think the fight is there for that to happen yet.

If Wilder is a free agent and the money is right then it could go ahead as planned.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't blame Fury and Arum locking up leverage. I think it's worse for Wilder if it falls through and not being capable of linking up with AJ was bad enough but now he's in the same boat with a guy who arguably beat him and stole his shine. Networks getting together is never out of the question and it's happened more than a few times when the money is there for all. Remember Carbajal v Gonzalez? Arum worked with Showtime and Forum promotions to make the first ever PPV 108 lb main event and make both millionaires. Shoot they even a mixed announce team and two separate ring announcers. Buffer did ring intros for Carbajal and Jimmy Lennon for Chiquita Gonzalez. Produced a helluva classic too .

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TV networks and boxing promoters (you could probably add a third one being the boxing orgs)
    ↓ ↓

Boxing fans

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Can't blame Fury and Arum locking up leverage. I think it's worse for Wilder if it falls through and not being capable of linking up with AJ was bad enough but now he's in the same boat with a guy who arguably beat him and stole his shine. Networks getting together is never out of the question and it's happened more than a few times when the money is there for all. Remember Carbajal v Gonzalez? Arum worked with Showtime and Forum promotions to make the first ever PPV 108 lb main event and make both millionaires. Shoot they even a mixed announce team and two separate ring announcers. Buffer did ring intros for Carbajal and Jimmy Lennon for Chiquita Gonzalez. Produced a helluva classic too .
    I don't think it is beyond Arum, particularly with Wilder being a free agent. Bob has already said build it for September.

The problem is an inactive unmotivated Fury. Already Tyson is offering Miller out for a bare knuckle fight in a field for a hundred grand ffs.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simply a case of ESPN wanting to strike while the iron's hot, banking on the real possibility of Fury beating Wilder in an eventual rematch. Had they waited for the rematch, they could've easily been low bidder in a frenzy feeding for Fury. This way they tie up the commodity, just in case he turns out to be everything he himself says he is. Oh..... and the boxing fans waiting for the rematch? F*ck 'em.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is a "free agent" like all Al Haymon fighters, it's just a coincidence they all fight on the same networks and are represented by the same bods. Wonder why they play that narrative?
    Last edited by Fenster; 02-21-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't think it is beyond Arum, particularly with Wilder being a free agent. Bob has already said build it for September.

The problem is an inactive unmotivated Fury. Already Tyson is offering Miller out for a bare knuckle fight in a field for a hundred grand ffs.
    “Build it for September”? Up until a week ago, it didn’t need “building”. I thought the first fight did that?
    This bullshit talk is just so they can buy time and so that the upcoming opponents and matchups aren’t criticised too much .
    Like I said before, you can’t blame Fury, who wouldn’t take that dough?
    I see the WBC Head honcho has Put a few sound bites out today, but they’re as much to blame for this Mexican stand off. They’ve let the tail wag the dog for far too long.
    The one who must be feeling the most vulnerable and pissed off is Wilder! Fury and Joshua’s dough is locked in whoever they’re fighting, while Wilder will still be on relative peanuts without them two.
    Ironic really. The twat didn’t want to take on anyone remotely good in 40 fights. Now he’s gonna have to beg for a piece of the action.
    Still, he’ll be fine . After all , he’s a “Free agent” and he’s got Al Haymon advising him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it seems the 50/50 rematch deal with Wilder, Fury had and yet never signed, has now gone.

So where are the people who fell over themselves to claim Joshua was ducking Wilder and Hearn wanted an unfair cut of a badly stacked deal. What do they think Arum is trying to do with Wilder and Fury? Insisting on multiple fights before milking the cash cows dry and yet silence on Bob?

Hmmm. (:

https://www.boxingscene.com/furys-du...-offer--136473
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury will probably fight someone who has a connection to Top Rank/ESPN - perhaps Bryant Jennings or Oscar Rivas. Pulev has a deal with Top Rank, but he's already scheduled to fight this spring.

Some on other boxing forums are suggesting Wilder will face former WBC champion Sam Peter, who fights a warm-up in Mexico later today.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    So it seems the 50/50 rematch deal with Wilder, Fury had and yet never signed, has now gone.

So where are the people who fell over themselves to claim Joshua was ducking Wilder and Hearn wanted an unfair cut of a badly stacked deal. What do they think Arum is trying to do with Wilder and Fury? Insisting on multiple fights before milking the cash cows dry and yet silence on Bob?

Hmmm. (:

https://www.boxingscene.com/furys-du...-offer--136473

For the record, I was one of those people who mostly raked Hearn over the coals for wanting to offer Wilder table scraps. It was his fault the fight was not made, and Fury jumped in instead. So, one potential huge matchup ruined. Then, Fury and Wilder unexpectedly gave boxing fans a show for the ages and fans were happy again, having forgotten about the Wilder-AJ circus. Then we get all worked up about a rematch and, just as it was dangling before our anxious eyes, it was snatched away by the Promoter-TV Network Mafia Conglomerate Whatever. So, another potential huge matchup ruined. We keeping score yet? We're like the jilted bride, who keeps going back to the altar, only to get dumped again.

So how about Fury? So..... we have some people on here that, although totally disappointed like the rest of us, magnanimously whimper that "they don't blame Fury for taking the huge deal"?? LMAO. Jilted brides are tough, hardened thugs compared with the lot of us in here. Fury came out of nowhere... oblivion... to suddenly make a name for himself on the global stage by staging a classic with Fury. So now he suddenly bolts from a rematch because of Slimy Arum and his Mafia cohorts?? So where's all this tough talk about not being scared and wanting to be the people's champion? I guess that got beat out of him in the 12th round of their first fight.

Bottom line here is we continue being the puppets on a whole bunch of strings. Arum should be in a home by now, instead of continuing to ruin boxing for the fans. I thought a new breed of promoters was going to make dinosaurs like Arum obsolete but unfortunately between Fishnets and Floyd, they're almost making us long for the likes of King and Arum again.

Boxing inside the ring is great. Everything outside the ring is total B.S.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure the fight will happen as long as there money to be made it will happen. I will say that I am happy that boxers are getting paid well go out there to become brain dead at least get a good pay check.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Not sure how people get anywhere in the UK with the love of roadblocks
    I don't think it's just the UK to be fair, it's a global thing. I mean, Al Haymon is the biggest "Roadblock" in Boxing. "sign for me and fight once in a blue moon!" or "Give up your World Title and fight some meaningless guy instead!"
    I was being sarcastic. I assume you are as well or this looks foolish after the details of Tyson/Wilder and how Bob Arum stopped the rematch came out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I definitely still think it will happen but boxing is stacked with shifts and tides. The appeal of a rematch was that we never expected what was produced. Fans love those kind of surprises. I believe Wilder should bend over backwards to right his ship and get that needed W. His move is either sideways or backwards save for rematch imo. Arum may over milk this and miss his sell by date or worse either guy running into a surprise brick, busted hand or AJ having an explosive U.S debut and pulling some eyes and demand away on Wilders home stage. Or Baby Huey Miller can shock the world and we'd get a an all U.S New York heavyweight unification . Hey a fella can dream can't he . More likely rematch clause.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Not sure how people get anywhere in the UK with the love of roadblocks
    I don't think it's just the UK to be fair, it's a global thing. I mean, Al Haymon is the biggest "Roadblock" in Boxing. "sign for me and fight once in a blue moon!" or "Give up your World Title and fight some meaningless guy instead!"
    I was being sarcastic. I assume you are as well or this looks foolish after the details of Tyson/Wilder and how Bob Arum stopped the rematch came out.
    if you were being sarcastic, it wasn't a very good effort. and No, I wasn't being sarcastic, and it doesn't look foolish, because Tyson, Wilder , AJ at least fight . and Arum puts on fights. they may not be the fights we want, but they are fights. they do this, because if they didn't they wouldn't earn any money.
    Whereas Al Haymon's guys don't fight , and he doesn't give a flying fuck, because he's "not a promoter, he's an advisor"
    so technically, it's not his money anyway.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder set for May return with Dominic Breazeale the touted opponent after Tyson Fury rematch collapses.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...-fury-rematch/

Breazeale explained to PBC on Fox: “Me and Dillian Whyte’s people have been talking.

“But with this news on Wilder coming out, I can’t pass on a world title.

This will mess Whyte up a bit.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information