Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: How long will Joshua v Miller last?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • Within 3

1 9.09%
  • Within 5

0 0%
  • Within 5 and 10

8 72.73%
  • Beyond 10 or UD

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: How long will Joshua v Miller go?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How long will Joshua v Miller go?

Well, how long will it go? I don't think a brutal KO will happen, but a stoppage of some sorts by round 8.... Miller either quits in the corner or the Ref stops it on facial damage or something like that-- And Miller should be thankful the ref would do so!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How long will Joshua v Miller go?

Joshua will knock him out mid to late rounds . I truly believe that he could finish him early , but I don't reckon he is going to take any risks of a big shot connecting. So I reckon AJ will keep him at the end of his jab and force Miller to take chances. It'll also sap Miller's energy trying to get inside and wear him down.
    I don't see the fight being any fun to watch, and I don't see Miller throwing caution to the wind despite all his big talk. People will say Joshua didn't look good , just because he's being patient, but in reality, it'll Miller that embarrasses himself as despite his bravado , he'll go down with a whimper.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Well, how long will it go? I don't think a brutal KO will happen, but a stoppage of some sorts by round 8.... Miller either quits in the corner or the Ref stops it on facial damage or something like that-- And Miller should be thankful the ref would do so!

I guess you discounted all possibility of a Miller upset. That's ok.... so do I.

Anyway, I think late round stoppage, but would not rule out a UD. Joshua's gonna be careful with Miller, and Big Baby's size alone should help him last throughout the majority of the fight.
    Something tells me Joshua might just be content winning a wide decision.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Joshua will knock him out mid to late rounds . I truly believe that he could finish him early , but I don't reckon he is going to take any risks of a big shot connecting. So I reckon AJ will keep him at the end of his jab and force Miller to take chances. It'll also sap Miller's energy trying to get inside and wear him down.
    I don't see the fight being any fun to watch, and I don't see Miller throwing caution to the wind despite all his big talk. People will say Joshua didn't look good , just because he's being patient, but in reality, it'll Miller that embarrasses himself as despite his bravado , he'll go down with a whimper.
    Agreed... Mostly. In my opinion, Miller doesn't have as much pop as he should for his size and might actually be below average for a heavy... though he seems to be huffing and puffing less than one would expect in the later rounds. He likes to do most of his work at a range that negates his leverage on punches. He has decent movement on the inside and often tries to counter off a shoulder roll...but one has to ask themselves if hes doing his work at that range because he has the best chance of delivering or is his best chance of not catching one with a lot behind it. Joshua's best work seems to happen at a range just outside of that and the line between is going to be thin. I say after the first couple of combinations Millers going to be more reserved and look lost as he tries life on the outside and eventually find the walls closing in on him. I think the wrecking ball comes somewhere from 6-8.

He always talks big and seems to be a cool guy away from the ring, but is constantly under-performs when the going gets tough. Like boxings answer to Bob Sapp.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Millers a coward and AJ knows he's scared of him so much so that Miller stormed out of the face to face they filmed a few days ago, think it was after only 10 mins from.what I've read.
    AJ will beat him brutally and systematically from range then bang him out.
    I agree AJs gotta be careful early on not to get caught but he'll soon find his range and land a bomb that'll have Miller in two minds whether to rush in anymore.
    Ref will most likely wave it off around 7-8 rounds.
    Easy night for AJ i reckon

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ will take his time to ensure he enjoys gutting and harpooning the whale.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miller may be the next coming of Kevin Johnson. A whole lotta huff n puff and bluster. Miller sounds like he's banking on size and durability and he may get his chance to soak up punishment like a dry sponge. I can see him getting stopped with eyes lumped shut late rounds and reduced to wind up sloppy shots going backwards.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miller by ~~~devastating~~~ uppercut in the fourth round. I fear for AJs life in this one.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see this going past 10. AJ plays with Miller then takes the big lump out late.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

I guess you discounted all possibility of a Miller upset. That's ok.... so do I.

Anyway, I think late round stoppage, but would not rule out a UD. Joshua's gonna be careful with Miller, and Big Baby's size alone should help him last throughout the majority of the fight.
    Something tells me Joshua might just be content winning a wide decision.
    I don't think anyone here who have seen both fighters fight, even considering competition they shared, would say that Miller has any chance other than Joshua beating himself- under-trains, comes into the fight hurt and says nothing, or Joshua does some stupid showboating and gets clocked unawares while he is doing the Harlem Shake!

Miller can take a shot. He keeps his head low and slips a lot of the punches and rolls with shots really well. Miller also does not get hit with body shots as much, but Joshua won't need that. Miller will slowdown by the 4th and then when Joshua warms up, he will start to hit Miller with insane combinations and counter-shots Miller will have no answer for- Puls Miller to me has the propensity to swelling up in the face.

This fight will get ugly at about the 4th or 5th and Joshua will just beat him up really badly- facial damage and major swelling for sure. Miller won't be able to see and the Ref will stop it somewhere in the 8th, 9th, or 10th, round for Miller's sake!

No brutal ko... Just a beat down. Joshua will just beat him up!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information