Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Errol Spence v Terence Crawford

Bob Arum planning offer to Errol Spence for Terence Crawford fight in 2019

The promoter wants the elite welterweights to unify their titles later this year

Terence Crawford’s promoter Bob Arum has revealed he is planning an offer to Errol Spence for a unification super fight this year.

The Top Rank boss promotes Crawford (the WBO welterweight champion), while Spence (the IBF welterweight champion) is aligned to advisor Al Haymon and PBC.

Arum and Haymon are bitter rivals in the boxing business, however each possess one half of the best fight to be made in the welterweight division.

Errol Spence’s next fight sees him take on Mikey Garcia on March 16, while Terence Crawford will return against Amir Khan on April 20.

If both win, they could meet in the back half of 2019.

Bob Arum told ThaBoxingVoice: “If Terence is successful with this fight with Khan at Madison Square Garden on April 20, we will make a proposal to Spence – if Spence defeats Garcia which I expect.

“We’ll make a proposal to Spence and to Al Haymon for a fight in the fall between Terence Crawford and Errol Spence.

“That’s the fight that I would be most interested in, I’m not teasing.

“We will make a proposal assuming both fighters win in March and April, directly to the fighter and his advisor.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...rd-fight-2019/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence v Terence Crawford

Everyone will want Spence after this because he becomes a PPV fighter after this. Bob is saying what we all know. The question is what does Crawford offer Spence? Why would Haymon do it, he can match his PPV fighter against his names in PPVs or he can match him against Bob’s name, the choice is obvious. And we all know how Bob would do it if roles were reversed.

Let’s hope Haymon doesn’t act like Bob would and he says “F it, let’s get best against best” and let’s hope Bob realizes who deserves the lions share

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Everyone will want Spence after this because he becomes a PPV fighter after this. Bob is saying what we all know. The question is what does Crawford offer Spence? Why would Haymon do it, he can match his PPV fighter against his names in PPVs or he can match him against Bob’s name, the choice is obvious. And we all know how Bob would do it if roles were reversed.

Let’s hope Haymon doesn’t act like Bob would and he says “F it, let’s get best against best” and let’s hope Bob realizes who deserves the lions share
    Funny that . When we’re talking about GGG and Canelo, or AJ/ Wilder , its all about “I just want to see the fights man, the best fighting the best!” But when it comes to Spence / Crawford, you’re all about A side & B sides and who’s worth what! #backstroke #doublestandard.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Funny that . When we’re talking about GGG and Canelo, or AJ/ Wilder , its all about “I just want to see the fights man, the best fighting the best!” But when it comes to Spence / Crawford, you’re all about A side & B sides and who’s worth what! #backstroke #doublestandard.
    Can you read? Because that’s the opposite of what the words I wrote mean. My stance is exactly the same. But continue talking nonsense please, I appreciate the consistency

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ll dumb this down because apparently Primo struggles with English.

I hope Spence doesn’t act like GGG and AJ and makes the good fights

I hope Haymon doesn’t act like Bob and delay a fight for years because he can.

There, do you understand now?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ll dumb this down because apparently Primo struggles with English.

I hope Spence doesn’t act like GGG and AJ and makes the good fights

I hope Haymon doesn’t act like Bob and delay a fight for years because he can.

There, do you understand now?
    “The question is what does Crawford offer Spence?” & “let’s hope Bob realizes who deserves the lions share” Yep, clear as mud! other people might think you are talking like a complete fucking plank, but not me , I’m so appreciative of you “dumbing it down for me”

While you’re “clearing things up”, could you let us know your thoughts regarding the fact that Wilder had a broken arm at the time that his team were throwing around $50 Million offers to Joshua ?
    I have previously asked for your thoughts on this 5 or 6 times , because I value your opinion so much, but you must’ve missed those posts.
    Tell you what, I’ll @Ron Swanson you in so you don’t miss it.
    So if history has anything to do with it, we’ll hear from you in about 2 or 3 weeks! All the best.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is Prime Primo bringing out old school boxing hitting @Ron Swanson with everything but the kitchen sink. Swanson on his chair in the corner his team is about to throw the towel.... but wait, Swanson waved them off, he is getting up. He will probably lose but he has the heart of a chump...er.....I mean champ

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

This is Prime Primo bringing out old school boxing hitting @Ron Swanson with everything but the kitchen sink. Swanson on his chair in the corner his team is about to throw the towel.... but wait, Swanson waved them off, he is getting up. He will probably lose but he has the heart of a chump...er.....I mean champ
    I like that you say Prime Primo and quote him completely changing what was said. Indeed, Prime Primo

I don’t believe he actually doesn’t understand, it’s just an act to have a fight. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope the fight happens, but from a business standpoint Haymon is in the better position and it really doesn’t make much sense for him. Haymon has Thurman, Garcia, and Porter available to fight each other. Arum doesn’t really have anyone he can pit against Crawford, so I don’t see Al making the fight.

Kind of sad for me- since I can remember the promoters have been Arum, King, and the Duvas. Golden boy hit a peak in the 2000s, but honestly hasn’t been the same since Schaefer left. These days it is pretty much PBC/Haymon dominating everything on the US scene, with Hearn starting to try and break in.

Back to the fight though, there isn’t a bigger fight to make and I hope Haymon and Arum behave like King and Arum did when Tito/Oscar was the biggest fight to make. Definitely NOT like Arum/Mayweather or Rock Newman.

Thread Information