Bob Arum planning offer to Errol Spence for Terence Crawford fight in 2019

The promoter wants the elite welterweights to unify their titles later this year

Terence Crawford’s promoter Bob Arum has revealed he is planning an offer to Errol Spence for a unification super fight this year.

The Top Rank boss promotes Crawford (the WBO welterweight champion), while Spence (the IBF welterweight champion) is aligned to advisor Al Haymon and PBC.

Arum and Haymon are bitter rivals in the boxing business, however each possess one half of the best fight to be made in the welterweight division.

Errol Spence’s next fight sees him take on Mikey Garcia on March 16, while Terence Crawford will return against Amir Khan on April 20.

If both win, they could meet in the back half of 2019.

Bob Arum told ThaBoxingVoice: “If Terence is successful with this fight with Khan at Madison Square Garden on April 20, we will make a proposal to Spence – if Spence defeats Garcia which I expect.

“We’ll make a proposal to Spence and to Al Haymon for a fight in the fall between Terence Crawford and Errol Spence.

“That’s the fight that I would be most interested in, I’m not teasing.

“We will make a proposal assuming both fighters win in March and April, directly to the fighter and his advisor.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...rd-fight-2019/