Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who beats Tyson?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who beats Mike Tyson?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who beats Mike Tyson?

First of all I always thought Tyson was overrated. He had the head movement and busy for the first two or three rounds After that he would slow to a snails pace. Against Tucker Tyson threw 412 punches. Bowe threw 711 punches vs Holyfield. That's almost 300 more. Plus Tyson would always look to clinch rather than fight his way out. If Tyson is being out worked then he is beatable. Let's remember that it was Holyfield who loss 2 out his last 4 fights one by KO before the Tyson fight. Yet you could tell early that Holyfield came to fight. Watch the video Tyson is the one who wants to clinch. I think Ali and Marciano were great. Not because they were unbeatable. It's the fact you would have to kill them in order to win. Tyson like most bullies lack the heart of a Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    First of all I always thought Tyson was overrated. He had the head movement and busy for the first two or three rounds After that he would slow to a snails pace. Against Tucker Tyson threw 412 punches. Bowe threw 711 punches vs Holyfield. That's almost 300 more. Plus Tyson would always look to clinch rather than fight his way out. If Tyson is being out worked then he is beatable. Let's remember that it was Holyfield who loss 2 out his last 4 fights one by KO before the Tyson fight. Yet you could tell early that Holyfield came to fight. Watch the video Tyson is the one who wants to clinch. I think Ali and Marciano were great. Not because they were unbeatable. It's the fact you would have to kill them in order to win. Tyson like most bullies lack the heart of a Champion.
    Whilst I agree with the bully mentality and it certainly was illustrated in his losses, Tyson was more than just a 2 or 3 round fighter. At his best he was dangerous for 12 rounds.

Sure Tyson did start fast but that was part of his strategy to knock out his opponents early. If they survived they still took a beating and tired later on anyway normally to be stopped.

Tyson would get into clinches but that was mainly his opponents doing.

The Tyson that lost to Holyfield, in fact the version that came out of prison was hollow and a shadow of the peak Tyson.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Whilst I agree with the bully mentality and it certainly was illustrated in his losses, Tyson was more than just a 2 or 3 round fighter. At his best he was dangerous for 12 rounds.

Sure Tyson did start fast but that was part of his strategy to knock out his opponents early. If they survived they still took a beating and tired later on anyway normally to be stopped.

Tyson would get into clinches but that was mainly his opponents doing.

The Tyson that lost to Holyfield, in fact the version that came out of prison was hollow and a shadow of the peak Tyson.
    You make your point very well. Have to agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson knock down almost win even after party an sex all hotel

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Tyson knock down almost win even after party an sex all hotel
    Really!!!! Like and thank him for that?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corner had extra condom on face. Mike no train serious. Just fuck. Mike beast hurt Buster. Ref give no fair counting

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corner had extra condom on face. Mike no train serious. Just fuck. Mike beast hurt Buster. Ref give no fair counting
    It was a plastic glove not condom.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I was (censored) those Japanese girls like it was, like it was eating grapes," he said in the documentary, which repeatedly bleeped out his colorful language. "You'd (have) thought I was Caligula ... ."

Mike hear "protek you self at all times" so pull out condom aha aha aha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Indeed, for some reason It stuck in my head as 15, even to the point I rewatched it last weekend and thought they'd cut the last 3 rounds out.

Stand corrected
    This may be the reason 15 rounds stuck in my head all that time for the Tyson vs Tucker Fight.

It was originally scheduled to be 15 rounds, but last last minute all three governing bodies went for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[FONT=Impact]"I was (censored) those Japanese girls like it was, like it was eating grapes,"
    I was.too, but it was more.like eating cherries

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tucker at his best stands a chance, liked his win over Douglass, really competitive. I'd go with a prime Larry Holmes to take the late rounds and win a decision after getting up off the deck. But IMO Tyson's fall came before prison. With Ritchie Giachetti he managed to go the distance with Ruddock, but did an awful lot of blatant fouling resulting in point deductions because his style was compromised by his management pulling him away from his family/aka team. Without Teddy Atlas he still had Rooney, who really brought out the best, no yes man, like Teddy before Cus let him go.
    With Kevin he still switch hit and got pulled back on track in between rounds if he strayed from the plan.

I remember Ritchie trying his hardest to get him on track in fight #2 with Ruddock "Mikey! You're looking for one shot and its no G-damn good!" My uncles' generation would say his fall came when he became Iron Mike Tyson.
    Mighty Mike Tyson bobbed, weaved, switch-hit.
    Iron Mike Tyson depended on that iron chin- took shots well, but needed power to win, And that lasts only 3-5 rounds.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hate saying it but 1965 Cassius Clay NOBODY FUCKING TOUCHES. He would shred Tyson to a lacerated mess, but it would take 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think 1973 George Foreman beats Mike Tyson in 3 rounds

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forget Bruno & Williams; they both fought that version of Tyson & came up short.

Out of the others, I would say Tony Tucker most likely and maybe Boneclutcher Smith if he let go of Tyson long enough to let his hands go.

He actually hurt Tyson more than any other fighter had hurt him right at the end of their snoozefest in '87 & Tyson finished the fight on unsteady legs.

If Smith had a bit more belief, maybe heavyweight history would look somewhat different today.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Thread Information