Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mikey can beat Spence in a UD

Why is everything thinking Errol Spence Jr. will massacre Mikey Garcia? I don' think this will e the case at all. I think Mikey has a great chance of beating Spence on a good UD with little to no controversy over gift decisions and/or robbery!

I have my reasons for saying this. The main being I don't think Spence will ko or even knock Mikey down. What say you?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mikey can beat Spence in a UD

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Why is everything thinking Errol Spence Jr. will massacre Mikey Garcia? I don' think this will e the case at all. I think Mikey has a great chance of beating Spence on a good UD with little to no controversy over gift decisions and/or robbery!

I have my reasons for saying this. The main being I don't think Spence will ko or even knock Mikey down. What say you?
    If you read previous threads you will see I have picked Garcia to win this one, I feel he is the better all round fighter.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope you are all right but doubt it. Spence is just too big.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

If you read previous threads you will see I have picked Garcia to win this one, I feel he is the better all round fighter.
    thats my pick.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's one of those fights where you don't know what will happen until the first round is underway.

If Spence can maul Mikey and be all over him, then Mikey may as well quit within the first 3 rounds. But if Mikey can move away from Spence and pick his shots then this favours Mikey!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For all his talent and timing Garcia has been getting hit way too much. More muscle and talking about historical moments won't help that. Spence isn't some mauler and brawler and I think he's every bit the skilled selective hitter in combination that Garcia is. I think inevitably after some decent sharp shooting between the arsenal of Spence that Mikey will get sucked into mas macho in the name of respect and keeping Spence off and that sapping power of Spence will sit hard on Mikey seeing a late tko for Erroll.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mikey can beat Spence does that mean that Mikey is better than we thought or Spence is worse than we thought?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    If Mikey can beat Spence does that mean that Mikey is better than we thought or Spence is worse than we thought?
    As with a lot of fights you'll get a degree of both probably, being wrong does that to boxing fans . But barring some shady judges or some fiasco should Mikey pull it off he deserves every bit of respect and praise as the phenomenal fighter that he is. Both are that regardless. No excuses. It's more likely to be said that two division jump from 135 was just too much and it's not the first time it was learned the hard way.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the kind of fight, where both fighter's stock can rise depending on how hard the loser tries and what adversity the winner faces to get his hands raised. That said Spence MD.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would mean Mikey is far far far and away the number 1 fighter in the sport right now. He would be a 40-0, a 5 division champion who has unified previously and is only 31 years old. Rare air. But unlikely

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Garcia had kept his power and looked as impressive as he moved through the weights as he did at the lower weights then you could make more of a case for him. But he hasn't looked anywhere near as impressive recently and I don't think the extra weight is going to do him any favours either. A lot of fights over the years where somebody moves up like this and is fighting an actual live body, not an Oscar-Manny kind of fight, they take a few heavy punches in the first few rounds and then spend the rest of the fight trying to make it to the final bell with as little damage as possible. If Garcia had kept his power then maybe he could have made a dent in Spence and kept him honest but I have a feeling Spence is just going to walk through whatever is coming at him. There's a massive size and strength difference here.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence should win comfortably and there’s a real good chance by stoppage. Huge respect to Mikey for pursuing this fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It would mean Mikey is far far far and away the number 1 fighter in the sport right now. He would be a 40-0, a 5 division champion who has unified previously and is only 31 years old. Rare air. But unlikely
    I think the multi divisional title collectors are over stated nowadays. Especially when they grab and vacate right off. But should the stars align for Mikey this trinket has tremendous substance in that it's over the best in division and immediately one ups Arum and Crawford who were seen v Spence as the mega fight 147 needed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I think the multi divisional title collectors are over stated nowadays. Especially when they grab and vacate right off. But should the stars align for Mikey this trinket has tremendous substance in that it's over the best in division and immediately one ups Arum and Crawford who were seen v Spence as the mega fight 147 needed.
    No doubt that the opponent matters far more than the 5th division. A person could pick their way through 6 divisions without the talent to rule 1.

Thread Information